• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, DO tell me again how Kyrie's doing again these days...

Or Tristan, or Love, or Shump....
LeBron is one great giant bandaid, but he can't cover all wounds.

And for the record, let me tell you what a dick he is combined with how much pull he has league wide.

Remember when he fell into the cameraman last year and cracked his head open?

Because of THAT, even though it was his own fault, James cost 4 photographers on each baseline, in every arena, their courtside spot this season.

Not only that, but the problem really isn't solved, because now instead of hitting/being buffered by the camera men, the collisions will be occurring with the fans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Tristan, or Love, or Shump....
LeBron is one great giant bandaid, but he can't cover all wounds.

And for the record, let me tell you what a dick he is combined with how much pull he has league wide.

Remember when he fell into the cameraman last year and cracked his head open?

Because of THAT, even though it was his own fault, James cost 4 photographers on each baseline, in every arena, their courtside spot this season.

Not only that, but the problem really isn't solved, because now instead of hitting/being buffered by the camera men, the collisions will be occurring with the fans.
What the fuck do I give about some camera man? Especially when half the time those assholes dont even TRY and get out of the way just to try and get a better shot. Some fan is GOING to be moving their ass if a big 270 lbs 6 foot 8 monster is flying there way instead of trying to get a shot out of it and injuring the player. Fuck those guys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all though- from what I heard Wade was a little PO'd about his contract this offseason- and took a one year deal in part because the Heat offered him the most money to take a 1 year offer annually- BUT- of course with how the cap is going up- especially if he exceeds expectations this year- ESPECIALLY health expectations- with how teams have to get over a salary minimum- guys that really really dont deserve it are going to get big money.

I mean- I Am sorry Tristan Thompson-----

Even at this stage of their careers- if I have to give a guy 3 years 51 million- which is what Thompson wants- ID still rather give that to Dwade--- (obviously the cap gymnastics are not probable to have that happen)...but it just illustrates the point that guys are going to get PAID this offseason- and if Harrison Barnes is turning down 16 ayear and Tristan Thompson is turning down 16 a year...WTF is Dwade gonna get if he puts together a big season in a contract year? And how much would he turn down to come back to Miami? How big would the gap have to be between an offer from another team and Miami for Wade to hightail it out of there?

will be FASCINATING to see next offeason........next offseason when these deals start flying is when i will be SUPER HAPPY that Kyrie and K Love will be making like a combined 35 million next year.

Mozgov isn't near a max player either, but Gilbert will have to give him one next year or lose him.

The Tristan thing clearly isn't playing out as I thought it would because apparently Gilbert is willing, at least for now, to call James bluff.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out both now and next summer and especially if/when the Cavs lose.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck do I give about some camera man? Especially when half the time those assholes dont even TRY and get out of the way just to try and get a better shot. Some fan is GOING to be moving their ass if a big 270 lbs 6 foot 8 monster is flying there way instead of trying to get a shot out of it and injuring the player. Fuck those guys.

Who cares what you care about?
It's their JOB.
And you are clueless. Those players come flying in at warp speed and often the camera men don't even know its happening because the lens might be pointed somewhere else.

As far as the fans, same story, you can't get out of the way because it happens to fast and you can't anticipate where they are going to land/fall.

I don't know what the answer is, but moving those camera men is not the solution.
I think a player is better off to hit a camera /camera person who at least slows them down then fly head first into fans and metal chairs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mozgov isn't near a max player either, but Gilbert will have to give him one next year or lose him.

The Tristan thing clearly isn't playing out as I thought it would because apparently Gilbert is willing, at least for now, to call James bluff.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out both now and next summer and especially if/when the Cavs lose.
LeBron probably AGREES with the Cavs that Thompson is not worth a max contract and being paid as a top 20 player in the league. Why would LeBron want the Cavs to hamstring their ability to manuever down the line because Tristan Thompson is overplaying his hand? ESPECIALLY when the Cavs have such a deep backcourt---- AND I will tell ya- Austin Daye would not be a bad 5th big behind Love, Mozgov, Varejao, Kaun...him and JAred Cunningham look like they can contribute at the very end of the bench. I have heard the Thompson thing is not going to be resolved until perhaps January unless something happens.

You are no the favorite to win the NBA championship by paying Tristan Thompson like a top 20 player in the league. ESPN just did their rankings and ranked him #59....which I think is pretty fair for the most part. I cant see paying Tristan Thompson more than Kyrie Irving--- and I really like Tristan. he getting some bad advice right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what you care about?
It's their JOB.
And you are clueless. Those players come flying in at warp speed and often the camera men don't even know its happening because the lens might be pointed somewhere else.

As far as the fans, same story, you can't get out of the way because it happens to fast and you can't anticipate where they are going to land/fall.

I don't know what the answer is, but moving those camera men is not the solution.
I think a player is better off to hit a camera /camera person who at least slows them down then fly head first into fans and metal chairs.
did you watch the fucking replay? The guy OBVIOUSLY is thinking about his shot- rather then getting out of the way- and lebron runs into the camera--- that guy can go shove his camera up his ass and sit in the rafters. I hope they never let him set foot in the Q again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron probably AGREES with the Cavs that Thompson is not worth a max contract and being paid as a top 20 player in the league. Why would LeBron want the Cavs to hamstring their ability to manuever down the line because Tristan Thompson is overplaying his hand? ESPECIALLY when the Cavs have such a deep backcourt---- AND I will tell ya- Austin Daye would not be a bad 5th big behind Love, Mozgov, Varejao, Kaun...him and JAred Cunningham look like they can contribute at the very end of the bench. I have heard the Thompson thing is not going to be resolved until perhaps January unless something happens.

You are no the favorite to win the NBA championship by paying Tristan Thompson like a top 20 player in the league. ESPN just did their rankings and ranked him #59....which I think is pretty fair for the most part. I cant see paying Tristan Thompson more than Kyrie Irving--- and I really like Tristan. he getting some bad advice right now.

Maybe Tristan read your posts where you said that Gilbert would never use money as a factor if it meant upgrading the roster?

As far as James agreeing with the Cavs, NO WAY.
Why the quotes?
Why the instagrams?

IMO, James gave him the advice to turn down the 52M last year and assured him that turning down the 80M also wouldn't come back to bite him in the ass because of his chit chat on the plane with Gilbert.

If Gilbert grew the balls over the season to finally stand up to the Queen, then good for him, I'll give credit where credit is due.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch the fucking replay? The guy OBVIOUSLY is thinking about his shot- rather then getting out of the way- and lebron runs into the camera--- that guy can go shove his camera up his ass and sit in the rafters. I hope they never let him set foot in the Q again.

I'll tell you what, go buy a corner courtside seat, see how fast it happens, and try to get out of the way.
It's even harder for the camera men. They are sitting usually indian style on a little padded seat holding a pretty heavy camera and often aren't looking at what's coming at them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Tristan read your posts where you said that Gilbert would never use money as a factor if it meant upgrading the roster?

As far as James agreeing with the Cavs, NO WAY.
Why the quotes?
Why the instagrams?

IMO, James gave him the advice to turn down the 52M last year and assured him that turning down the 80M also wouldn't come back to bite him in the ass because of his chit chat on the plane with Gilbert.

If Gilbert grew the balls over the season to finally stand up to the Queen, then good for him, I'll give credit where credit is due.
I do not know whether you gloss over this fact or if you are just not intelligent enough to grasp it.

In the NBA- spending money does not just impact your wallet- it also impacts the types of transactions you have avaliable to you to make your team better. This is something that is generally well known to anyone with half a brain that follows the NBA. Like I said- I have to think you know this- and just gloss over it because it destroys your argument- or perhaps you really lack the intelligence to grasp that idea.

If 3 years from now- when the cap is at 108 million- and the luxury tax line is probably like 130 million- DEPENDING on what your salary is- you have more transactions at your disposal--- like using the full mid level exeception, like being able to execute a sign and trade. Other exceptions. Thats when paying Thompson a FAIR deal of about 16 a year- instead of 19 a year comes into play. ESPECIALLY when 16 is MORE than a fair offer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what, go buy a corner courtside seat, see how fast it happens, and try to get out of the way.
It's even harder for the camera men. They are sitting usually indian style on a little padded seat holding a pretty heavy camera and often aren't looking at what's coming at them.
you think they are surprised? its the ONE THING they have to do! MAKE SURE YOU DONT INJURE THE PLAYERS WITH YOUR CAMERA YOU ASSHAT! what a moron. I hope his camera broke. What is he surprised that a player is going to come at him when there is a scrum of 5 guys fighting for the ball under the basket?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here was an article on other players commenting about that incident

NBA players react to LeBron cutting his head on courtside camera - CBSSports.com
a ton of players saying that its ridiculous and a "major problem"

Gregg Popovich on sideline cameras: ‘Somebody of stature is going to get seriously hurt by one of those guys’

gregg popovich says the same thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know whether you gloss over this fact or if you are just not intelligent enough to grasp it.

In the NBA- spending money does not just impact your wallet- it also impacts the types of transactions you have avaliable to you to make your team better. This is something that is generally well known to anyone with half a brain that follows the NBA. Like I said- I have to think you know this- and just gloss over it because it destroys your argument- or perhaps you really lack the intelligence to grasp that idea.

If 3 years from now- when the cap is at 108 million- and the luxury tax line is probably like 130 million- DEPENDING on what your salary is- you have more transactions at your disposal--- like using the full mid level exeception, like being able to execute a sign and trade. Other exceptions. Thats when paying Thompson a FAIR deal of about 16 a year- instead of 19 a year comes into play. ESPECIALLY when 16 is MORE than a fair offer.

You're too funny.
What you are pretending to me me now is exactly what I and others have told you ALL ALONG.

And, when we did, you told us that it DID NOT MATTER because the Cavs were locked and loaded for years with the players they already have under contract so they wouldn't need to worry about upgrading.

If you claim you didn't say that, then what's there bet???

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here was an article on other players commenting about that incident

NBA players react to LeBron cutting his head on courtside camera - CBSSports.com
a ton of players saying that its ridiculous and a "major problem"

Gregg Popovich on sideline cameras: ‘Somebody of stature is going to get seriously hurt by one of those guys’

gregg popovich says the same thing.

Or:

He tried his typical drama/flopping bullshit, which it looked like to me and the player the closest to him.

“I think he jumped into the cameraman,” Bogut said, via USA Today. “Yeah, I think he came down and took two steps and then fell into the cameraman. I definitely, definitely didn’t hit him that hard.”

When asked if that was what he saw, Bogut responded even more firmly.

“No, that’s how it was. If you look at the replay, you can see the two steps being taken and then him falling into the camera. That’s what we saw on the replay, and that’s what my teammates saw.”

Also, I never said it wasn't a danger/problem because it is.
What I am saying is that they did not solve it.
Bottom line is that its about money for both the owners and players.
Those seats are very expensive but also very close to the action.
The speed of the game is incredible, so unless you have no seats around the baseline, which isn't going to happen, players are going to be out of control flying into something.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think they are surprised? its the ONE THING they have to do! MAKE SURE YOU DONT INJURE THE PLAYERS WITH YOUR CAMERA YOU ASSHAT! what a moron. I hope his camera broke. What is he surprised that a player is going to come at him when there is a scrum of 5 guys fighting for the ball under the basket?

I'm sure he wasn't surprised, but you can't anticipate when/where a player is going land because it happens in usually less then a second. Were talking about 7 footers, running very fast, and only a matter of a few feet away from the cameras/seats.

You can liken it if you were at a baseball game, sitting behind home plate, and there wasn't a net up to stop foul balls.
Once you see it coming, it's too late.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually you are right...Penciling in is not the correct term to use

PERMANENT MARKER IS.

I WILL GLADLY give you the field vs. the Cavs to make it to the Finals- but there is no way in hell you would have the balls to take that bet.

like the Heat losing ground to the BOSTON CELTICS to miss out on the playoffs and win 37 games despite having Wade, Dragic and Whiteside playing together down the stretch...you will find a way to make an excuse.

If you had any balls, the bet would be about whether or not the Cavs WIN the finals. That's what the bet with Heat fans always was when Lebron was there. They understood that with Lebron on the team, just making the finals wasn't good enough.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you trying to change then discussion? You said Gilbert would never allow money to be an issue. Yet, TT isn't signed because of money.

Some bullshit lecture about whether or not spending money impacts more than just a teams wallet, doesn't change the fact that you said that what we are seeing would never happen because Gilbert didn't care about the money.

You even bragged about how much luxury tax the Cavs will pay.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or:

He tried his typical drama/flopping bullshit, which it looked like to me and the player the closest to him.

“I think he jumped into the cameraman,” Bogut said, via USA Today. “Yeah, I think he came down and took two steps and then fell into the cameraman. I definitely, definitely didn’t hit him that hard.”

When asked if that was what he saw, Bogut responded even more firmly.

“No, that’s how it was. If you look at the replay, you can see the two steps being taken and then him falling into the camera. That’s what we saw on the replay, and that’s what my teammates saw.”

Also, I never said it wasn't a danger/problem because it is.
What I am saying is that they did not solve it.
Bottom line is that its about money for both the owners and players.
Those seats are very expensive but also very close to the action.
The speed of the game is incredible, so unless you have no seats around the baseline, which isn't going to happen, players are going to be out of control flying into something.

:lol: I had completely forgotten that the whole thing was the result of Lebron's flopping backfiring on him. Got to laugh at him all over again.

Thanks Turnup. :thumb: