• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and apparently STILL on the A.P.B. list after challenging everyone to this Kyrie bet and pulling the ostrich act...

think everyone here KNOWS this guy was just posturing...

one thing for sure, NO ONE is gonna let him forget about this...:lol:
Even so he'd just try to ignore those that bring it up.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, even at that, LAD. Kyrie WILL NOT be back in November. not with THAT injury. whether Wiggy wants to admit it or continue to drink the Kool-Aid it simply ain't gonna happen...

as far as the rest of that freaky stuff goes, well let's just say it doesn't continue on these boards...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, even at that, LAD. Kyrie WILL NOT be back in November. not with THAT injury. whether Wiggy wants to admit it or continue to drink the Kool-Aid it simply ain't gonna happen...

as far as the rest of that freaky stuff goes, well let's just say it doesn't continue on these boards...
I mean we will see before too long.

obviously I believe one thing and you another. We shall see who is vindicated.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we will see before too long.

obviously I believe one thing and you another. We shall see who is vindicated.

The people saying he won't be back have their beliefs based on actual reports that have never been denied.

Just curious. Where does your belief come from?

I believe that your hope and like for Kyrie blinds you from seeing how fragile he is.

Cavs understand that, and because of that, have no reason to do anything but bring him back later then sooner, regardless of when that actually is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people saying he won't be back have their beliefs based on actual reports that have never been denied.

Just curious. Where does your belief come from?

I believe that your hope and like for Kyrie blinds you from seeing how fragile he is.

Cavs understand that, and because of that, have no reason to do anything but bring him back later then sooner, regardless of when that actually is.
I am basing it on a number of things.

First- the original estimate of time was for being out just a few months. He had surgery in early June. By the time the end of November rolls around- that will be almost 6 full months- almost all of June, July, August, September, October, and up to and possibly MOST of November. That is plenty of time for the injury that he had where there was no significant structural damage such as would have occurred with a ligament tear.

Second- he has already been on the court- not only over a month ago- but participating in LeBron's camp in Miami. If he is already practicing- even if it is lightly - in August and early September, it would be hard for me to believe he will not be ready with an additional 2-3 months available before the start of December.

Third- I think the Cavs are going out of there way to protect Kyrie in the media. If there IS a set back eventually it will not seem so devastating since it was reported and commented on. Read the articles about it. Every single writer that I have read seems to think KI will be back well before January.

Fourth- just because they might ease him back into full minutes slowly does not mean he wont play on a minutes restriction or skip a back to back or other maneuvers that can be done in November.

Fifth- hes young, heals fast, and has never had a major injury in his career that would slow him down going forward.

UNDER PROMISE- OVER PERFORM. Now is there a chance Kyrie has a set back and is not available in November? Sure. Who knows. But as long as things continue to go the way they are right now I do not think it is even in the least bit surprising to see him on the court in November. I think the Cavs are doing a very good job managing the expectations and protecting their player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First- the original estimate of time was for being out just a few months. He had surgery in early June. By the time the end of November rolls around- that will be almost 6 full months- almost all of June, July, August, September, October, and up to and possibly MOST of November. That is plenty of time for the injury that he had where there was no significant structural damage such as would have occurred with a ligament tear.

Second- he has already been on the court- not only over a month ago- but participating in LeBron's camp in Miami. If he is already practicing- even if it is lightly - in August and early September, it would be hard for me to believe he will not be ready with an additional 2-3 months available before the start of December.

Third- I think the Cavs are going out of there way to protect Kyrie in the media. If there IS a set back eventually it will not seem so devastating since it was reported and commented on. Read the articles about it. Every single writer that I have read seems to think KI will be back well before January.

Fourth- just because they might ease him back into full minutes slowly does not mean he wont play on a minutes restriction or skip a back to back or other maneuvers that can be done in November.

Fifth- hes young, heals fast, and has never had a major injury in his career that would slow him down going forward.

UNDER PROMISE- OVER PERFORM. Now is there a chance Kyrie has a set back and is not available in November? Sure. Who knows. But as long as things continue to go the way they are right now I do not think it is even in the least bit surprising to see him on the court in November. I think the Cavs are doing a very good job managing the expectations and protecting their player.

I mean its REALLY EASY. We shall know within the next 10 weeks. CANT WAIT

Protect him from what?
The Cavs had no reason to announce/report anything last month.
They never set a timetable to begin with.

And 'on the court' doing whatever which I'm sure includes no contact, no running, nothing strenuous means absolutely nothing.

Or, are you going to rehash his summer camp on court stint with 6-7 year olds as some progression again?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its REALLY EASY. We shall know within the next 10 weeks. CANT WAIT

And you think he's going to actively participate at training camp or in exhibition games?

Of course not, which puts us into November to even possibly begin getting game ready.

For someone so confident, I'm still not sure why you won't accept another meaningless avi bet in which I'm even giving you odds.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Fifth- hes young, heals fast, and has never had a major injury in his career that would slow him down going forward. "

Yet this injury will keep him out 6-7 months.
And age has what to do with body made of glass?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting ready for the game tonight CL?
Should be a good one.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you have misconceptions because the Cavs aren't giving full disclosure on Kyrie. I mean, with his past injuries it only makes sense they only release bits and pieces...the pieces they can maneuver. He's young, however, his body has already aged much more than other players his age due to his other multiple injuries. And taking cortizone shots isn't the same as healing.

Saying he's participating in practice or attending LBJ's camp can mean something as simple as showing up and giving autographs and encouragment to the OTHER participants. Now, if you have video that shows otherwise then that's different.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have misconceptions because the Cavs aren't giving full disclosure on Kyrie. I mean, with his past injuries it only makes sense they only release bits and pieces...the pieces they can maneuver. He's young, however, his body has already aged much more than other players his age due to his other multiple injuries. And taking cortizone shots isn't the same as healing.

Saying he's participating in practice or attending LBJ's camp can mean something as simple as showing up and giving autographs and encouragment to the OTHER participants. Now, if you have video that shows otherwise then that's different.

Yeah, because Teams NEVER mislead the media and fans about injuries firings, hirings or trades...lol.

Cute picture of lil mama!

On a side note....I have Kyrie on 2 of my 3 fantasy teams.

*sad face*

So, I hope they can upgrade those glass knees to carbon fiber before Xmas.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this Anthony Bennett situation is just......sad.

The Cavs picking him so high has been a curse.

I mean, even broken Oden was able to finish his first contract.

His confidence has to be in the shitter when nobody will take his contract so Minny is buying him out.

* prays this finally gets us off the hook for taking the Khandi man *

Sources: Timberwolves looking to buy out Bennett

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside_LeBron_Wade_Bosh.0.0.png

We all know what LeBron is thinking/wishing

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation:"no, Turnup, I LOVE yapping, but I ain't taking your bet. we don't DO things like back up our words here in chicken country."

ah well, thanks for playing...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup

"God aM I glad I no longer have a cheapskate for an owner and an egomaniac for a GM who takes credit for my talent."

from the Finals to the lotto

from the lotto to the Finals.

You wrote 1000000 posts here saying Gilbert would NEVER make a decision that was money based.
Yet, Tristan remains unsigned for 1 reason and 1 reason alone which is MONEY.

It MAY VERY WELL just be the excuse James needs to bolt if/when they lose again this year (even though I still think Gilbert gives him more then the 80M)

You propose bets, yet refuse to accept them.

In other words, you just talk to talk.

And as far James and the picture...If he had a crystal ball and knew Whiteside was coming and Kyrie was glass, he'd have known his better chance for championship was right where he actually accomplished them.

I'm not saying the Heat will take down the Cavs, but for you to dismiss the possibility if this squad stays healthy is laughable considering how injury prone some of your key guys are.

IF the Tristan thing goes unresolved and he signs the 1 year restricted, your entire season will be turmoil with James.

And if Cleveland/Akron is his 'everything' , then why in the fuck won't he go there to practice?