• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team’s ownership group, however, is going to have to pay for a winner. Such is life while working with a force that could retire as the best player in NBA history on your side – in his prime no less. If Cleveland and Thompson eventually agree to a middle ground contract, the Cavs could have to sign off on a luxury tax payment that will vault tens of millions of dollars beyond what the league’s highest team payroll was last season. This will be some unprecedented stuff, even before James opts out and then back into a record-setting contract next July.

That’s sort of what you do, though, when you have LeBron.

love this from the article...

it is the sort of thing you do if you have LeBron- well- unless your Mickey Arison and wish to go from the penthouse to the outhouse in a few short months.

You apparently didn't read the whole article since it pointed out that Arison didn't have the luxury of getting the players that Cleveland hand before Lebron came over. Dumb ass.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, neither are a handful of other Cavs players. (Mozgov, Delly, JJ, RJ) No quotes or mentions of sources in terms of why he isn't attending in any of the articles I saw.

At least the ESPN headline surprisingly isn't too bad... the BR one said something about TT "snubbing" LeBron.

Also... doesn't this get in the way of the narrative many posters on here seem to believe? - that LeBron is Rich Paul and TT's corner and that his endorsement is the only reason TT is playing hardball?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, neither are a handful of other Cavs players. (Mozgov, Delly, JJ, RJ) No quotes or mentions of sources in terms of why he isn't attending in any of the articles I saw.

At least the ESPN headline surprisingly isn't too bad... the BR one said something about TT "snubbing" LeBron.

Also... doesn't this get in the way of the narrative many posters on here seem to believe? - that LeBron is Rich Paul and TT's corner and that his endorsement is the only reason TT is playing hardball?

Shows the commitment of some to win a title. For as much flack as I love to give Lebron, preparation is not the issue for him as he's committed to his game and fitness. But, this article shows that some are not on the same page. Just saying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of Mozgov though, the only player that could be considered truly important to the Cavs title hopes that won't be there is TT. I do understand why he might be reluctant to attend the workouts though. If he gets hurt, he loses all of his leverage.

Not sure why the Cavs are trying to play hardball over $14 million spread over 5 years. They are already going to be overpaying him with their offer of $80 million. Another approximately $2.5 million per season doesn't really matter at this point. Especially when one considers the distraction he may become if forced to play for the qualifying offer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Offering him 80M isn't playing hardball. Lets see Gilbert give him a firm deadline to accept the offer or tell him it's off the table.

2. In all seriousness, why does LeBron feel the need to drag his ass as well as teammates to the UM gym?
There aren't any gyms in Ohio?
He lives minutes from the Akron gym that he basically built.
His compound is there, his friends, wife, kids etc are there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Offering him 80M isn't playing hardball. Lets see Gilbert give him a firm deadline to accept the offer or tell him it's off the table.

2. In all seriousness, why does LeBron feel the need to drag his ass as well as teammates to the UM gym?
There aren't any gyms in Ohio?
He lives minutes from the Akron gym that he basically built.
His compound is there, his friends, wife, kids etc are there.

Because we all know he really didn't want to go back to Cleveland. Wife made him.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't think Thompson's a Cav next year, would be a big loss for the team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, playing dumb. that one always works...:L

talk to DJ. i'm pretty sure he'll hip you up...
OHHHHH...

oh...I blocked DJ a long time ago

right at the beginning of FN he tried to be friendly and sent out some not so flattering picks of himself to quite a few members....NOT GOOD bro. NOT GOOD. LOL.

DJ drives a bus- and has no car- the one girl Sugar on FN used to send his son birthday presents from Cleveland apparently because he had nothing....ask Mecca...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OHHHHH...

oh...I blocked DJ a long time ago

right at the beginning of FN he tried to be friendly and sent out some not so flattering picks of himself to quite a few members....NOT GOOD bro. NOT GOOD. LOL.

DJ drives a bus- and has no car- the one girl Sugar on FN used to send his son birthday presents from Cleveland apparently because he had nothing....ask Mecca...

So....this is getting creepy or pathetic. Can't choose. Both? Yeah, both will work.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one girl Sugar on FN used to send his son birthday presents from Cleveland apparently because he had nothing....ask Mecca...

Or, maybe she did it because she's a nice person WHO CAN GET ALONG WITH OTHERS. Clearly something that is a challenge for someone such as yourself.