• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's skurred.
its going to be EXTREMELY funny once the season really gets going to see how right I am.

I wonder what excuses and WEASEL tactics you will cover your tracks with.

God forbid the Cavs and Heat really play in the playoffs- because if that happens- you guys will have to back track like crazy.

That writer said basically the same thing I did- the Heat run the real chance of 70 year old Riley soon riding off into the sunset along with Wade and Bosh- and some poor schmuck GM having to pick up the pieces of an old, gutted roster that owes first round picks all over the place.

An old gutted roster that owes first round picks all over the place.....hmmmmm.....sounds like a team in LA a few years ago- how long does that take to rebuild?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he PROPOSED the frikkin' bet...!:doh:
yah- Bskballer already took it Chiefs

all though

AS I AM SO CONFIDENT

you and BSKBALLER can BOTH have avatars of my choosing once Kyrie plays a November game.

If by some strange occurence he does not- after I have served my first 2 weeks of December towards BSKballers bet- I would be happy- ye thrilled- to do so for weeks 3 and 4 of December for an Avatar of your choosing.

Sound good?

keep in mind- all that needs to happen is Kyrie plays some length of time in some game in November. That is the bet with Bskballer and i will give you the same terms- all thoguh- id pay up the 3rd and 4th weeks of december (unless i could serve both sentences concurrently- though i doubt youd allow that ha)..

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...GEEZ - without me around this thing does not even move.

And yes I have seen the crap...blah blah blah...

I started school last Monday- my last semester of school- hopefully in my life- and between that, and my job have been going nuts.

If anyone wants to bet me whether Kyrie Irving sees the floor in November I am game. 2 weeks of an avatar. Out there for anyone, within reason, to take. 2 week avatar bet- if Irving plays in November i win- if he doesnst- you win.

GREAT article on Grantland this morning I just had to share, lol.

Heat Check: Is Pat Riley’s Rebuilt Squad the Most Intriguing Team in the NBA?

“If they weren’t the Miami Heat, we’d all be laughing at them.”

A few rival executives delivered some version of that line, and it subsumes all the uncertainty of an expensive on-paper powerhouse that feels vulnerable to age, injury, poor shooting, shaky defense, and the whims of a combustible center who flamed out everywhere else. The Heat are flinging away first-round picks to chase LeBron in Cleveland, just as they flung away four of them to get LeBron and Chris Bosh five years ago. Only this time, there is no guarantee Miami will pick so low it won’t matter. There is a real chance Miami has mortgaged its future to build a 45-win team that will fade with Riley, leaving his successor to cobble together a new team from the rubble while the Suns — courtesy of the Goran Dragic trade — use the Heat’s picks.

Miami defended at a league-worst level when Dragic and Wade shared the court last season, per NBA.com

Wade is a 50- or 60-game player with bad knees, and no one knows if he can hold up through late May — if the Heat last that long. Bosh is 31 and coming off a traumatic health issue, and Josh McRoberts is rebuilding his knee. Luol Deng is 30, with Tom Thibodeau miles in the rearview. Amar’e Stoudemire hasn’t been able to move on defense in five years. The Heat have tried to trade Chris Andersen and Mario Chalmers to anyone who would have them, per sources around the league, but if they deal them now to trim their repeater tax bill, they’d also thin their bench to red-alert levels.

The Heat, beyond Bosh, can’t really shoot. Deng has hit just 33 percent for his career from deep. Wade has basically punted on the entire concept of 3-pointers. And Dragic has been a below-average 3-point shooter outside his All-NBA campaign in 2013-14. A Dragic-Whiteside pick-and-roll can’t really go anywhere if defenses swarm the middle
It kills me how you mock other teams, dude. All you can do is bet people, say the Cavs are gonna win 68 games, insult the Heat, and spew other random bullshit.

You're a troll, dude. Just admit it. Come on.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah- Bskballer already took it Chiefs

all though

AS I AM SO CONFIDENT

you and BSKBALLER can BOTH have avatars of my choosing once Kyrie plays a November game.

If by some strange occurence he does not- after I have served my first 2 weeks of December towards BSKballers bet- I would be happy- ye thrilled- to do so for weeks 3 and 4 of December for an Avatar of your choosing.

Sound good?

keep in mind- all that needs to happen is Kyrie plays some length of time in some game in November. That is the bet with Bskballer and i will give you the same terms- all thoguh- id pay up the 3rd and 4th weeks of december (unless i could serve both sentences concurrently- though i doubt youd allow that ha)..

This bet will be over before the season starts.....Pretty sure sometime in October the Cavs will make it known that Kyrie is out until January. If the reports from last week were not true, someone from the Cavs organziation would have shut it down

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he PROPOSED the frikkin' bet...!:doh:

He's like the idiot at the bar trying to act all crazy even though he's scared he's gonna get his ass kicked.

The worst possible outcome for Wiggy wouldn't even be to lose that bet. He's scared that he'll lose the bet, but he's even more scared that the Heat will knock the Cavs out of the playoffs. That's why he's so focused on them.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like the idiot at the bar trying to act all crazy even though he's scared he's gonna get his ass kicked.

The worst possible outcome for Wiggy wouldn't even be to lose that bet. He's scared that he'll lose the bet, but he's even more scared that the Heat will knock the Cavs out of the playoffs. That's why he's so focused on them.

agreed...

the thought of the Heat being an obstacle is terrifying to him. so much so that he keeps bringing up LAST year's Heat record(like it counts for THIS up[coming season). it's one of the things that's gonna make this season fun to watch IF it comes to pass the pundits were right about Miami...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its going to be EXTREMELY funny once the season really gets going to see how right I am.

I wonder what excuses and WEASEL tactics you will cover your tracks with.

God forbid the Cavs and Heat really play in the playoffs- because if that happens- you guys will have to back track like crazy.

That writer said basically the same thing I did- the Heat run the real chance of 70 year old Riley soon riding off into the sunset along with Wade and Bosh- and some poor schmuck GM having to pick up the pieces of an old, gutted roster that owes first round picks all over the place.

An old gutted roster that owes first round picks all over the place.....hmmmmm.....sounds like a team in LA a few years ago- how long does that take to rebuild?

The old gutted roster with more young guys than the Cavs roster? That same old gutted roster. The only true old player on the Heat team is bird man. Wade knees aren't the greatest but he's 33. He's out of his prime but that isn't old in NBA terms. Old in NBA terms usually begin at 35 or 36.

Nobody gives a damn about first round picks especially when those picks are likely to be middle/end of round 1. We saw how well those first round picks worked out for Cleveland before signing Lebron. You build teams through free agency and not through the draft unless you can get a superstar like Lebron or Durant. The draft is the reason why teams like the Kings and Hornets are still shitty

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team like Miami that might have to rebuild within the next 2-3 years sure could use an extra 1st rounder or 2 to help with the rebuild.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please see previous post.
my honest opinion is the Heat can compete for the conference IF they successfully gel and considering they play in the east that means they won't have hoe. you guys imo should be in good shape...barring injuries, of course...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my honest opinion is the Heat can compete for the conference IF they successfully gel and considering they play in the east that means they won't have hoe. you guys imo should be in good shape...barring injuries, of course...

Agree. We have no clue how they will play together because it hasn't happened yet. However, based on who they have and how those players have performed individually, we can make something of an educated guess. If they stay healthy, Miami should be pretty good. If they can stay healthy and gel, they could easily be in the mix to come out of the east.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think he'll honor it?
go eff yourself

i honored the last bet and will honor whatever bet i am a party to.

I did not get a straight answer whether clf accepted or not btw.

DJ is the one that welch's on bets

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's skurred.
again

the Cavs?

scarred of a Heat team that plays EXACLTY into the Cavs strengths? a Heat team that was WORSE than a Boston team that traded away their best players? THEN THE NETS!? LOL

Again, I dont know how many times I have to write this.

The Heat cant shoot from the outside - in a league where its become increasingly important to be able to shoot from the outside

The Heat are at BEST average defensively- and poor defensively in the back court to say the least

The Heat have one guy that is better than an average rebounder- Whiteside- a guy that has played 4 months in the NBA and has proven he is a hot head- that got suspended and fined last year because of being a hothead- and was called out by his teammates and coach for being a hothead.

YOU COMPARE THAT TO THE CAVS? Did you SEE how well the Cavs played after they made their deals and their addition by subtraction on Waiters and getting Smith/Shump/Mozzy? The Cavs played the best ball in the league from January on- while the Heat played like SHIT from then on.

The Heat have a long way to go to prove that they are anything more than an expensive team of a lot of names on paper.

that article made a great point on whiteside and dragic pick and roll too- JUST CRASH THE INSIDE!!! NO ONE ON MIAMI CAN SHOOT A 3! Do you know how easy it is to defend a team in todays NBA that cant spread the floor and has no true post up option?! HA.

that GREAT thing is- that the season will be upon us before long- and I will be proven correct- and will GREATLY enjoy watching all the crow being eaten