• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who's left on the market?

Josh Smith, Boozer, Stat....anyone else?

I can't wait to read what is said about Larry Sanders on Friday when he plays in the Drew League.
what about JaVale McGee...your boy DJ was SURE hed sign with a playoff team....howd that workout? ;)

seriously though- Josh Smith is a tiny bit intriguing if he wanted to chase a ring....

maybe Z will make a comeback.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. I really hope OKC matches the offer for Kanter and has to pay the luxary tax. It's gonna be so funny watching them pay the tax and lose in the 2nd round when they refused to pay the tax to keep James Harden off a Finals appearance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhh Mecca. Once Kobe was gone scoring was a huge problem. The team was awful in transition. Awful from behind the line and had no post presence that was even mediocre. Defense was def atrocious too don't get me wrong. But who was their best offensive player even? Hill? Lin? Nick young?

Now with Kobe and Russell and Russell they have a shot at getting better.

Actually, believe it or not, it wasn't. The Lakers averaged 98.5 points per game last year which put them right about the middle of the league. Not great, but not a huge problem. In fact, they averaged more points per game than 3 teams who made the playoffs. Your Cavs only scored about 4 more points per game than the Lakers.

However, they gave up 105.3 points per game, which was dead last in the league.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. I really hope OKC matches the offer for Kanter and has to pay the luxary tax. It's gonna be so funny watching them pay the tax and lose in the 2nd round when they refused to pay the tax to keep James Harden off a Finals appearance.

I know......right?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, believe it or not, it wasn't. The Lakers averaged 98.5 points per game last year which put them right about the middle of the league. Not great, but not a huge problem. In fact, they averaged more points pewr game than 3 teams who made the playoffs. Your Cavs only scored about 4 more points per game than the Lakers.

However, they gave up 105.3 points per game, which was dead last in the league.

They addressed a definite weakness, even if he wasn't their first choice.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you being serious right now? have u been on the rock? THEY LOST LOVE IRVING AND VAREJAO AND MADE THE FINALS! do you think you do that with no depth? Did you see Delly step up? Thompson step up? Smith steup up? (until the finals)...

what do you want them to get Joe Johnson and Trevor Ariza too? LOL.....unreal....honestly i dont know how you get through the day

I mean have you ever watched a playoff game? seriously have you? do you see coaches going 13 deep?
Wow....just wow. You really don't comprehend, do you? My freakin dog is smarter than you when it comes to simple minded tasks.

It's funny because you praise these journalists, whom by the way, have all consistently stated the Cavs lost because after their main guys got hurt there WAS NO DEPTH on their team, yet you continue to tell me your team has depth?

And good for them that they made the Finals...if that's the only goal. But to answer your question, yes Kerr used 11 guys in the playoffs...yes I said ELEVEN. I mean the last time I checked there were only 12 guys....you thinking there's 13 would explain why you don't understand the meaning of depth, and in this case the lack of it.

Honestly I would like to see them compete with decent guys so when they lose you can't use the excuse of injuries. Like I said earlier, you don't have any guys outside of the main three that could be leaders and you're not going to get any next summer either because your GENIOUS owner has bent over and gripped his ankles for his franchise player. When this team loses and then implodes because LBJ will be on the move again I will be happy to laugh at you and say I told you so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly think if yo udidnt get a true center- Randle would have been expected to do waaay too much defensively for a rookie. Now he can do what he is best at and score and rebound and run a little bit.

Getting that 5 who can protect the power forward defensively is so key for any team unless you have a defensive minded power forward which is starting to get rare in todays league.

Getting Hibbert will help Randle a lot. And ithink they should bring Hibbert back - but they get to see how he does this year i guess.

Yeah, he's got to earn his way back, especially if he wants to be paid anywhere in the neighborhood of what he's making this year.

Folks are saying he needs to get tough. Well, he gets to play with Kobe. So he'll either do like Pau and get tougher, or Kobe will make him cry and the Lakers will let him walk after the season is over.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seriously- what a huge screw up letting Harden go when just 2 years down the line they wouldve got tons of salary relief and would have been fine with him....OKC could be in the middle of a crazy run....what an opportunity squandered.

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....just wow. You really don't comprehend, do you? My freakin dog is smarter than you when it comes to simple minded tasks.

It's funny because you praise these journalists, whom by the way, have all consistently stated the Cavs lost because after their main guys got hurt there WAS NO DEPTH on their team, yet you continue to tell me your team has depth?

And good for them that they made the Finals...if that's the only goal. But to answer your question, yes Kerr used 11 guys in the playoffs...yes I said ELEVEN. I mean the last time I checked there were only 12 guys....you thinking there's 13 would explain why you don't understand the meaning of depth, and in this case the lack of it.

Honestly I would like to see them compete with decent guys so when they lose you can't use the excuse of injuries. Like I said earlier, you don't have any guys outside of the main three that could be leaders and you're not going to get any next summer either because your GENIOUS owner has bent over and gripped his ankles for his franchise player. When this team loses and then implodes because LBJ will be on the move again I will be happy to laugh at you and say I told you so.
the reporters APPLAUDED THE CAVS DEPTH

honest to God- if you are trying to make the argument the Cavs had no depth you obviously did not watch the entire fucking playoffs. I seriously do not know how a person can be this dumb...GED dumb.....obviously you dont read anything because everyone praised the Cavs depth all playoffs long. I pity your employer whoever it may be. Your incompetence runs soul deep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people are hating on the Clippers- and while i guess i understand it- Its not their fault the guy had a change of heart and wnated to come back....

but really- that roster beat the Spurs- and since then they added Stephenson and Pierce. Clippers are no joke...

that top 4 in the west is freaking brutal- spurs okc gsw and clips.....

Paul
Reddick
Stephenson
Griffin
Jordan

is one of the very best starting lineups out there---- and Pierce is such a great bench guy in the playoffs...definitely have a little scum on them- but that is a damn good team that is going to have a reason to rally around eachother next year....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best starting lineups in basketball?

Cleveland
Kyrie
Shump
Bron
Love
Mozzy

SAS
Parker
Green
Leonard
Aldridge
Duncan

Clips
paul
reddick
stephenson
griffin
jordan

OKC
RW
Dion (?)
Durant
Ibaka
Kanter

Bulls
Rose
Butler
Dunleavy
GAsol
Noah

those are some stacked lineups

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reporters APPLAUDED THE CAVS DEPTH

honest to God- if you are trying to make the argument the Cavs had no depth you obviously did not watch the entire fucking playoffs. I seriously do not know how a person can be this dumb...GED dumb.....obviously you dont read anything because everyone praised the Cavs depth all playoffs long. I pity your employer whoever it may be. Your incompetence runs soul deep.

Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers, NBA Finals ...
www.sbnation.com/.../nba-finals-2015-golden-state-warriors-cl...
SB Nation

Jun 4, 2015 - Cleveland Cavaliers, NBA Finals 2015: Series preview, schedule .... But that lack of depth will wear on Cleveland and cost them late in games.

NBA Finals: Cavaliers' Supporting Cast Has Been Overlooked
www.nytimes.com/.../nba-finals-cavaliers-supporting-...
The New York Times
Jun 10, 2015 - Cavaliers 96, Warriors 91: N.B.A. Finals: LeBron James and ... many were faulting the team's lack of depth and saying the roster might be even ...

SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST.......
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors NBA Finals ...
Cleveland OH Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - cleveland.comcavs/.../cleveland_cavaliers_vs_gol...
The Plain Dealer

Jun 14, 2015 - The Cleveland Cavaliers lost to the Golden State Warriors in Game 5 of the NBA ... @LBJ: Cle that I Love @actionmac I said the lack of depth is ...

And there's more if this isn't enough.
There's no fixing stupid...just shut up and move on, I'm done with you.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best starting lineups in basketball?

Cleveland
Kyrie
Shump
Bron
Love
Mozzy

SAS
Parker
Green
Leonard
Aldridge
Duncan

Clips
paul
reddick
stephenson
griffin
jordan

OKC
RW
Dion (?)
Durant
Ibaka
Kanter

Bulls
Rose
Butler
Dunleavy
GAsol
Noah

those are some stacked lineups

Better hope players 1 and 4(Cavs) don't get injured...