• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also Google "Earth is Flat" and get thousands of articles offering scientific proof that the earth is flat.

But hey, it's on the interwebz, so it must be true, right? :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see Wiggys first day in court when the opposing side is laying facts on the table and he's countering with google searches by people who are trying to be the first to report whatever they HEARD vs actually being in the actual loop of what was said.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans: What's the hold up on TT? If it's true that Lebron won't sign until TT does and Gilbert doesn't want to pay what TT wants (5 years and north of $85 million), how does this standoff end up?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs rebuild lasted 4 years obviously

Rebuild??

Don't pretend this was some plan from the Cavs.
The "rebuild" was blind luck from a franchise flailing about in irrelevence without a plan.

Despite burning his jersey and writing public humiliation letters blasting him in a petty personal attacks like an 8 year old........ Gilbert was able to stumble into an unlikely signing from a guy desperate to repair his image. The "thin skin" of Lebron and his obsessive desire to be Liked and admired made him do something unthinkable.

No other superstar on the planet would ever have returned after that hellish treatment from the fans of Cleveland.
If Lebron beats SA in 2014, he is still in South Beach going for a four-peat regardless.

There was no plan. It was blind luck.

At no point in time, can any Cavalier fan say with a straight face this was expected and planned.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild??

The "rebuild" was blind luck from a franchise flailing about in irrelevence without a plan.

Despite burning his jersey and writing public humiliation letters blasting him in a petty personal attacks like an 8 year old........ Gilbert was able to stumble into an unlikely signing from a guy desperate to repair his image. The "thin skin" of Lebron and his obsessive desire to be Liked and admired made him do something unthinkable.

No other superstar on the planet would ever have returned after that hellish treatment from the fans of Cleveland.
If Lebron beats SA in 2014, he is still in South Beach going for a four-peat regardless.

At no point in time, can any Cavalier fan say with a straight face this was expected and planned.

I was about to say something similar. I mean, the Irving pick was huge... but other than that... there wasn't a whole lot of "Rebuilding" going on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike is too white, he would get burnt. :noidea:
Oh GOD !!! LEBron didnt take Mike on vacation?!!! How is sthat possible? they must not be friends! How dare LeBron snub Mike like that---- obviously if you dont bring someone on vacation they are not friends with you- the hell with the dozen of reliable media outlets that have reported them as friends--- if you arent on vacation together, DEF NOT FRIENDS! LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sam Amico from Fox Sports Ohio and Amico Hoops writes about three teams talking trade with the Cavs: Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers and Phoenix Suns"

Please no Nick Young...please
Clip is obviously Crawford
Suns probably looking to shop Morris.

Looks like none of these trade options will include Varajeo though. Probably going to keep him.

Here's the thing with Nick Young, he's like a happy version of JR Smith. He's talented, but streaky and doesn't take the game seriously enough to maximize his talent. If the Cavs were to get him, he wouldn't cause any trouble because he's not a cancer like JR can be. If Lebron could crack him upside the head when it's time to stop joking around and get serious, then he could actually be pretty valuable. But it's probably best to avoid him because Lebron may not want to be a babysitter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild??

your an idiot if you think it was blind luck

do you think it was blind luck when Gilbert took Baron Davis' terrible contract to get a lotto pick that became Kyrie?

Do you think it was blind luck when the Cavs got a 1st rounder and ability to switch first rounders with the Lakers for taking on Waltons deal and giving the Lakers Sessions?

Do you think it was luck when the Cavs got a first round pick from Sacramento for JJ Hickson?

Do you think it was luck when the Cavs got a first round pick from Memphis for taking Ellington and Speights' deals?

Do you think it was luck that the Cavs traded for the Haywood contract to have a tradeable asset once they knew they would be capped out?

Do you think it was luck how they created the cap exception to trade for Mozgov? NBA -- How did the Cleveland Cavaliers get Timofey Mozgov?

you are a complete and total moron if you think there was no plan. The Cavs loaded up on a TON of draft picks - I have missed multiple other ones- those ones just come to mind- and they bottomed out to get high lotto picks in addition to getting assests to take other peoples trash. Did you see what OKC did? What the 76'ers are doing? Basically what the magic are doing?

talk about having no freaking clue dude....read a news article once in a while

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans: What's the hold up on TT? If it's true that Lebron won't sign until TT does and Gilbert doesn't want to pay what TT wants (5 years and north of $85 million), how does this standoff end up?

Who knows. I'm hopeful that its the Cavs holding out for a lower offer more than it is TT holding out for a higher one.

From what's been reported, LeBron isn't holding out to make sure TT gets paid. He's putting himself on the back-burner, so the Cavs can concentrate fully on getting everything else done.

People will call me naive, but I don't think LeBron cares or even wants TT to get paid the most he can. Rich Paul does, of course, but LeBron isn't dumb and has interest in the flexibility of the Cavs. I think LeBron wants TT to get paid... but I could very well see him being on the side of the Cavs in terms of trying to get him down below $85

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with Nick Young, he's like a happy version of JR Smith. He's talented, but streaky and doesn't take the game seriously enough to maximize his talent. If the Cavs were to get him, he wouldn't cause any trouble because he's not a cancer like JR can be. If Lebron could crack him upside the head when it's time to stop joking around and get serious, then he could actually be pretty valuable. But it's probably best to avoid him because Lebron may not want to be a babysitter.

I'm in the minority, but I actually really like Nick Young. He's not good to have on a young lottery team. But I think he could be a big contributor on a good veteran team - especially as he continues to mature.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see Wiggys first day in court when the opposing side is laying facts on the table and he's countering with google searches by people who are trying to be the first to report whatever they HEARD vs actually being in the actual loop of what was said.
yah...the Plain Dealer, ESPN, SI, etc.....all these media outlets that ran those stories have no clue. You have the real story. What was I thinking? Of course some Heat fan that goes to media events would know more than the collective consensus of the United States news media. Dude- you should be working for TNT. the hell with Shaq- they need to get you on stage. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority, but I actually really like Nick Young. He's not good to have on a young lottery team. But I think he could be a big contributor on a good veteran team - especially as he continues to mature.
hes a poor mans JR Smith

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. I'm hopeful that its the Cavs holding out for a lower offer more than it is TT holding out for a higher one.

From what's been reported, LeBron isn't holding out to make sure TT gets paid. He's putting himself on the back-burner, so the Cavs can concentrate fully on getting everything else done.

People will call me naive, but I don't think LeBron cares or even wants TT to get paid the most he can. Rich Paul does, of course, but LeBron isn't dumb and has interest in the flexibility of the Cavs. I think LeBron wants TT to get paid... but I could very well see him being on the side of the Cavs in terms of trying to get him down below $85
TT is restricted- the Cavs are not going to force something. It will get done- but it will get done somewhere in the middle of where the parties are at. Who knows what hte Thompson deal ends up being- but i doubt it will be for 16M a year- and Idoubt it will be for 12M a year- probably somewhere in the middle.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will end with Tristan getting WHATEVER LeBron tells Gilbert he'll get.
I wouldn't doubt that the asking price will go UP as the days go by.

Here's spoiler alert of the document James had when Snakes On The Plane occurred last summer.
upload_2015-7-8_11-16-25.jpeg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild??

LOL at Wiggy calling it a REBUILD.
The rebuild was supposed to be Bennett...:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I agree. I've always liked him because he's pretty damn funny. He's a guy who will keep the locker room loose and his teammates will love him most of the time. But he's also like that friend we've all had who doesn't know when to stop joking and can grate on nerves sometimes because of it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say something similar. I mean, the Irving pick was huge... but other than that... there wasn't a whole lot of "Rebuilding" going on.

The Irving pick was really something they couldn't screw up because he was a consensus #1.
It was blind luck though that they ended up with the #1 pick that season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am confident it should get done after this Haywood deal is done. Plus Lebron is on his trip lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will end with Tristan getting WHATEVER LeBron tells Gilbert he'll get.
I wouldn't doubt that the asking price will go UP as the days go by.

Here's spoiler alert of the document James had when Snakes On The Plane occurred last summer.
View attachment 17365
increasing his new worth by hundreds of millions? really? REALLY? it just comes down to your bitter LeBron left and this is your outlet. You went from the Finals to the Lotto and need some kind of rationalization- and somehow that lands on Gilbert because he delivered the best player in the league to his team WHILE making hundreds of millions of dollars for himself? its hilarious.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Irving pick was really something they couldn't screw up because he was a consensus #1.
It was blind luck though that they ended up with the #1 pick that season.

There were some people (myself included :L) saying that Williams would be the better player... but yeah, it wasn't a super insightful thing they did.

Still, they drafted him, and deserve some credit for not screwing it up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident it should get done after this Haywood deal is done. Plus Lebron is on his trip lol
it does seem they are focusing on Haywood- but I am kinda surprised Haywood has not been dealt yet....I think their is a growing chance they will just sign JR and have the roster finished off.....but we shall see....I just dont see Young or Crawford being different than Smith- and Smith actually played pretty good D for the Cavs - something Young and Crawford do not do at all...