• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took less money because his option was Denver multi year or Cavs w/James because he thought he would PLAY.
He NEVER goes if he knew how it would end up playing out.
He'll stay now because 2.6 is better then nothing which is what his interest level would be.
He didn't mind taking a little bit less because he was able to double dip the last 2 seasons.

And for you to imply, like you know, that they are "boys" , just 1000% proves to me that you just talk out of your ass.

They are nothing but teammates,

And final question on your moronic Gilbert/Arison debate.

Give me a list of ANY players, ever, that said they were choosing the Cavs as their team because of their respect for Gilbert and how the FO does things.

The Heat list for that same question would be quite extensive.

You have to stop it with that crap man. You sound delusional. You sound like a crazy derelict muttering the phone book to yourself with a tin foil hat on.

I can google the words "mike miller lebron friends" and a thousand articles come up - that are a lot like this one- the first one that comes up

Miller signed with Memphis and was healthy and productive last season, and now the Corn Palace hero might get another shot with King James in Cleveland.

LeBron texted the veteran sharpshooter and former Mitchell Kernel earlier this week to see if he would be interested in hooking up if James left Miami (Miller can't sign with the Heat due to amnesty restrictions. The Cavaliers later contacted Arn Tellem, Miller's agent, to gauge his interest.

Miller, coming off his 14th NBA season and seeking a three-year deal, has plenty of free-agent suitors but is patiently waiting (like nearly everyone else) to see how the James saga plays out. It could be a matter of whether Cleveland can clear enough cap space to bring in Miller (and possibly Ray Allen) after paying maximum money to LeBron.

As the suspense builds, people are desperately seeking clues that long-suffering Cleveland will actually become the center of the NBA universe.

Miller caused a stir Wednesday by posting a photo on Instagram of him shooting a jumper in a practice gym with a framed LeBron Cavaliers jersey in the background. Never mind that the jersey could have been from James' first tour of duty with the Cavs – the conspiracy theories live on.

The part about James and Miller being connected, however, is not far-fetched. They have been friends for a while and share a mutual respect, with James acknowledging not just Miller's 3-point accuracy but his court savvy and instinct for the game.

When James took criticism at times for late-game playoff disappearances in Miami, Miller was always quick to dampen the noise.

"I know on a small scale what scrutiny can do to you," Miller said. "But he knows it on a much larger level."

The friendship actually started when James was a rising prep phenom at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio.

While still playing with Orlando, which drafted him fifth overall in 2000, Miller attended a few of James' games and hit it off with the future No. 1 overall pick, who was also friends with then-Miller teammate Tracy McGrady.

The bond grew stronger when they played together on Team USA during the qualifying tournament for the 2008 Olympics, where James later teamed with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to claim a gold medal in Beijing.

Miller caused a minor stir during the 2009-10 season by sporting James' Nike Zoom Soldier shoes while playing for the Washington Wizards. That angered teammate and LeBron agitator DeShawn Stevenson, who once called James overrated.

"We don't wear those around here," snapped Stevenson. But Miller held firm, poking fun at himself in the process.

"When you're unathletic and white like me, you need to have the lightest shoe out there," he said at the time. "They feel good on my feet."

A few days later, when asked about the shoes, LeBron kept the dialogue going.

"Mike will wear them," he told reporters. "He said he's got to have the best shoes, and I agree with that. Mike is a good friend of mine. We have a good history."

Miller is also close with Maverick Carter, LeBron's close friend and business manager, who was credited (or blamed) for helping to orchestrate the superstar's whirlwind move to Miami.

there are a TON OF THOSE....you just got give that one up man. You look crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw something about Dion Waiters changing to #23....

I mean- Dion is a very very talented player- but hes not a #1- and will never be a #1 but he thinks he is a #1...Really honestly thinks it- He could have accomplished a lot here if he would have bought in. Its a shame because he could have done a lot of good things- but it was clear he had to go- He REALLY honestly believed he should be the #2 option- and that was just not going to happen.

I doubt the Thunder give him a long term deal. Next year- if they got him the right situation and coaching could potentially get a sleeper but Dion is going to have to accept he is not a #1 or it will never work out for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am outta here....lets see if a Haywood deal gets done tomorrow- though--- I dunno at this point...its getting late...maybe they will just be happy with Mo and bringing Delly back and possibly bringing JR back....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am outta here....lets see if a Haywood deal gets done tomorrow- though--- I dunno at this point...its getting late...maybe they will just be happy with Mo and bringing Delly back and possibly bringing JR back....

If I am correct they would save money just get Crawford and a couple other guys for the Haywood contract. They would have to pay JR 3 1/2 his salary, correct?

They just need to get a wing player and maybe some other little pieces from the Haywood deal and sign Delly and call it a day.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Crawford and Smith are basically the same type of players. Johnson, even though the talks have stalled, is like those two guys but more versatile and a better scorer. Overall better player but way too much money.

As long as they a wing guy I will be happy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to stop it with that crap man. You sound delusional. You sound like a crazy derelict muttering the phone book to yourself with a tin foil hat on.

I can google the words "mike miller lebron friends" and a thousand articles come up - that are a lot like this one- the first one that comes up

Miller signed with Memphis and was healthy and productive last season, and now the Corn Palace hero might get another shot with King James in Cleveland.

LeBron texted the veteran sharpshooter and former Mitchell Kernel earlier this week to see if he would be interested in hooking up if James left Miami (Miller can't sign with the Heat due to amnesty restrictions. The Cavaliers later contacted Arn Tellem, Miller's agent, to gauge his interest.

Miller, coming off his 14th NBA season and seeking a three-year deal, has plenty of free-agent suitors but is patiently waiting (like nearly everyone else) to see how the James saga plays out. It could be a matter of whether Cleveland can clear enough cap space to bring in Miller (and possibly Ray Allen) after paying maximum money to LeBron.

As the suspense builds, people are desperately seeking clues that long-suffering Cleveland will actually become the center of the NBA universe.

Miller caused a stir Wednesday by posting a photo on Instagram of him shooting a jumper in a practice gym with a framed LeBron Cavaliers jersey in the background. Never mind that the jersey could have been from James' first tour of duty with the Cavs – the conspiracy theories live on.

The part about James and Miller being connected, however, is not far-fetched. They have been friends for a while and share a mutual respect, with James acknowledging not just Miller's 3-point accuracy but his court savvy and instinct for the game.

When James took criticism at times for late-game playoff disappearances in Miami, Miller was always quick to dampen the noise.

"I know on a small scale what scrutiny can do to you," Miller said. "But he knows it on a much larger level."

The friendship actually started when James was a rising prep phenom at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio.

While still playing with Orlando, which drafted him fifth overall in 2000, Miller attended a few of James' games and hit it off with the future No. 1 overall pick, who was also friends with then-Miller teammate Tracy McGrady.

The bond grew stronger when they played together on Team USA during the qualifying tournament for the 2008 Olympics, where James later teamed with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to claim a gold medal in Beijing.

Miller caused a minor stir during the 2009-10 season by sporting James' Nike Zoom Soldier shoes while playing for the Washington Wizards. That angered teammate and LeBron agitator DeShawn Stevenson, who once called James overrated.

"We don't wear those around here," snapped Stevenson. But Miller held firm, poking fun at himself in the process.

"When you're unathletic and white like me, you need to have the lightest shoe out there," he said at the time. "They feel good on my feet."

A few days later, when asked about the shoes, LeBron kept the dialogue going.

"Mike will wear them," he told reporters. "He said he's got to have the best shoes, and I agree with that. Mike is a good friend of mine. We have a good history."

Miller is also close with Maverick Carter, LeBron's close friend and business manager, who was credited (or blamed) for helping to orchestrate the superstar's whirlwind move to Miami.

there are a TON OF THOSE....you just got give that one up man. You look crazy.

You can google shit all you want.
Same Google will have the same people telling you he was going to Ok City when on the same night I was on CBS saying he was going to Memphis.

I sure didn't ever see James, his good friend at his house or even at 1 of his charity events either here or in Memphis, including the night he was amnestied which was basically a going away party.

Mikes "boys" were Battier, UD, and James Jones.. Period...on that team.
That's who his true friends were, that's who he hung with, that was the group who always supported each other.

I believe James this year said he had 3 friends in the league, Wade, Paul, and Anthony and everyone else was just teammates.

That's what you should accept as the truth.

Remember what Riley said?
"No more smiling faces with hidden agendas".

Of course James texted Miller. Look at the Cavs roster last July.
Like I said, he thought he would play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am correct they would save money just get Crawford and a couple other guys for the Haywood contract. They would have to pay JR 3 1/2 his salary, correct?

They just need to get a wing player and maybe some other little pieces from the Haywood deal and sign Delly and call it a day.

Thought money didn't matter?
Why not throw the equivalent of 25-30M on JR this season?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wiggy, I just happened to click on CBS sports and what popped up?

A link showing LeBron vacationing with guess whom?

Oh my, someone's missing.
I see Wade. I see Paul. I see Anthony.

Where's his "boy" Mike? :noidea:

Invitation lost in the mail?
His texts maxed out?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a restricted FA. OKC don't see the need in bidding with themselves for him. He will get a decent contract from OKC soon enough.

Why not offer a 5 year $80 million dollar contract. That seems to be the thing to do.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In ALL seriousness, how is Beasley not signed, or even atop that shit list?

Looks like back to Shanghai.

That's a long way to go to watch a game, but I've always been interested in visiting there..

wouldn't be a bad vacay. always wanted to see China, Japan, and Europe. had the chance to gowhen i was younger and turned it down. regret that now...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can also Google "Earth is Flat" and get thousands of articles offering scientific proof that the earth is flat.

But hey, it's on the interwebz, so it must be true, right? :rolleyes:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also Google "Earth is Flat" and get thousands of articles offering scientific proof that the earth is flat.

But hey, it's on the interwebz, so it must be true, right? :rolleyes:
serious question- when do you think the Lakes will win their next playoff game?

If I am not mistaken- they have not won a playoff game the past 3 seasons- and are highly unlikely to win one this season.

If you were putting a timeframe on the rebuild- what would it be?---- The Cavs rebuild lasted 4 years obviously.

What kind of timeframe would you hold Jim Buss accountable for and give him the axe if he has not delivered?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought money didn't matter?
Why not throw the equivalent of 25-30M on JR this season?

It doesnt matter lol, to me. But if Gilbert doesnt want to pay another 30M, then he can get the same type of player and not have to pay the extra money. But if he wants to he can, not gonna bother me :yes:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wiggy, I just happened to click on CBS sports and what popped up?

A link showing LeBron vacationing with guess whom?

Oh my, someone's missing.
I see Wade. I see Paul. I see Anthony.

Where's his "boy" Mike? :noidea:

Invitation lost in the mail?
His texts maxed out?

Mike is too white, he would get burnt. :noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt matter lol, to me. But if Gilbert doesnt want to pay another 30M, then he can get the same type of player and not have to pay the extra money. But if he wants to he can, not gonna bother me :yes:

BINGO...But Wiggy feels it was IMPERATIVE that Arison should have tossed 50M in the toilet for Miller/Anthony who both had ALREADY been replaced by a roster upgrade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
serious question- when do you think the Lakes will win their next playoff game?

If I am not mistaken- they have not won a playoff game the past 3 seasons- and are highly unlikely to win one this season.

If you were putting a timeframe on the rebuild- what would it be?---- The Cavs rebuild lasted 4 years obviously.

What kind of timeframe would you hold Jim Buss accountable for and give him the axe if he has not delivered?

Well, they didn't make the playoffs the last 2 seasons and got swept at the end of the Dwightmare season, so yeah, it's been 3 years.

I don't see them making the playoffs this year. I think they will flirt with the 7/8 seed for awhile, but in the end, I think too much has to go right for them to actually make the playoffs. Kobe would have to stay healthy and produce at a high level for at least 60 games, Hibbert has to return to his form of a couple of years ago, Upshaw will have to play to his talent level and show that his off the court issues in college are behind him, Randle and Russell have to be as good as advertised and Clarkson has to continue to improve. That's not even counting that Williams and Bass will need to contribute. That's an awful lot that has to go right and we all know, teams never have everything work out just right.

I think that if they can get into the 35 win range (give or take a couple of wins) and are fun to watch, then they will have something besides California weather and Hollywood to sell to FA's and will be able to improve the team more after the season. Kobe's contract coming off the books and the cap going up will help a lot too.

As for the timeframe and Jim Buss. Jim said he has a 3 year plan and this is year 2. He said that if it doesn't work, he will step down. Jeanie has said that she will hold him to that. So far, things seem to be going okay on his 3 year plan. Best case scenario, his plan works and the Lakers are back to a solid playoff team moving towards contender status by the end of year 3, everyone's happy, Jim keeps his job, but everyone credits Mitch. :lol:

Worst case, the plan is a failure, Jim steps down or is forced to and the re-build takes another couple of seasons.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sam Amico from Fox Sports Ohio and Amico Hoops writes about three teams talking trade with the Cavs: Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers and Phoenix Suns"

Please no Nick Young...please
Clip is obviously Crawford
Suns probably looking to shop Morris.

Looks like none of these trade options will include Varajeo though. Probably going to keep him.