• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off-the-court stuff CL67. Many folks I have been reading indicate he was headed for the first round until the extra-curricular activities got him thrown out of school. Could be the find this year.

He likes the weed and has a minor heart issues. His performance at the combine was supposedly really good.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's goin on with Miami....but as a Laker fan, the Aldridge thing just isn't happening imo. We don't have a ready made roster to attract

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Shaqdaddy, the Lakers primarily want Aldrige as a center. Aldridge does better at forward when he has a dominant and consistent center by him. He would be a better fit at someplace like San Antonio or Miami or even Phoenix.

As soon as they say the wrd Center, he will canc the meeting just like he did with the Knicks.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point
Also, common sense tells us that LA must be really interested in playing for the Lakers if he's agreed to a second meeting. Even if him being unimpressed in their first meeting, as reported, is true he must be hoping for something to come out of the second meeting? Otherwise, why waste the time when other teams such as SA & Dallas have made pretty good pitches and he isn't short on offers from other teams.

I am willing to bet the Lakers approach the second meeting with him being their franchise player surrounded by young talent, such as Randle & Russell, and include the potential for growth next season when Kobe's contract comes off the books and he possibly retires. That might do the trick if it's true he wants to be the focal point on whatever team he chooses.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Now, Justise Winslow would be an interest sign-and-trade for #Blazers. But, once he signs contract, Heat can't trade him for 30 days."

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as they say the wrd Center, he will canc the meeting just like he did with the Knicks.

That's the issue here. He doesn't want to play center and the Lakers roster just isn't there yet. I think he's just playing nice after his peeps leaked out details of their first meeting.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Schefter if he actually believes this...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, common sense tells us that LA must be really interested in playing for the Lakers if he's agreed to a second meeting. Even if him being unimpressed in their first meeting, as reported, is true he must be hoping for something to come out of the second meeting? Otherwise, why waste the time when other teams such as SA & Dallas have made pretty good pitches and he isn't short on offers from other teams.

I am willing to bet the Lakers approach the second meeting with him being their franchise player surrounded by young talent, such as Randle & Russell, and include the potential for growth next season when Kobe's contract comes off the books and he possibly retires. That might do the trick if it's true he wants to be the focal point on whatever team he chooses.

The 'mentor' aspect might appeal to him too. Everyone wants to be looked up to!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'mentor' aspect might appeal to him too. Everyone wants to be looked up to!
Yea. Combine that super star status with the branding and marketing pitch they threw at him in the first meeting and they might get somewhere.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a really good selling point...but it just seems like these guys these days want stars, or a completely stacked team before they commit. It's hard to sell foresight on players that want the easiest path to a chip

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the issue here. He doesn't want to play center and the Lakers roster just isn't there yet. I think he's just playing nice after his peeps leaked out details of their first meeting.

Dissagree, here is why:

Robin Lopez and DeAndre are still available.

Phoenix got into the game by signing Chandler.

Before you scoff at Lopez, keep this in mind:

Marc J. Spears: Perhaps a small tip for LaMarcus Aldridge suitors is he loves playing alongside fellow Blazers free agent big man Robin Lopez, a source said.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissagree, here is why:

Marc J. Spears: Perhaps a small tip for LaMarcus Aldridge suitors is he loves playing alongside fellow Blazers free agent big man Robin Lopez, a source said.

All that says is that he doesn't want to play center. What did you disagree with?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissagree, here is why:

Yes. Mecca. The Lakers are still in play with D. Jordon, albeit on a smaller scale and so is Lopez on a larger scale especially if Aldridge signs. If Aldridge signs, I expect Lopez will follow.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALDRIDGE has become tedious.

The Spurs wont play this game much past today.
They don't really need him as they as a title contender regardless.

I like the guy, but this whole process seems unwieldy and a bit unecessary for him.
If the Spurs stick with their intial plan to add a swingman and veteran depth, I am happy at this point.

Sure, I would like the luxury of Aldridge....He makes my team better.
But, it just doesnt feel like a Spurs type of process so far.

In full disclosure, I dont know a thing. We only have douche-bag reporters that are desparate to get clicks and twitter followers. For all I know, Aldridge has never left the Blazers and doesnt intend to leave.