• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Currently, they just can't pitch much on the basketball side of things. They have promising youth, but that's really it. They have the "outside of basketball" part of the pitch down, but they are still realistically 2-3 years away from being there. So, a 30yo top free agent who has never made it deep in the playoffs is going to see the Spurs as a much better opportunity to win a title soon than the Lakers.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another part of the basketball issue with Aldridge is that the Lakers likely want him to play center. Aldridge doesn't like playing center.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently, they just can't pitch much on the basketball side of things. They have promising youth, but that's really it. They have the "outside of basketball" part of the pitch down, but they are still realistically 2-3 years away from being there. So, a 30yo top free agent who has never made it deep in the playoffs is going to see the Spurs as a much better opportunity to win a title soon than the Lakers.

It's a combination of things. How many 1st rounders were given up to get players like Nash, Ramon sessions etc? Striking out last season didn't help. Had they added Carmelo then it's quite possible Aldridge or Jordan joins in. Next season will be pitches to Durant. But unless we get a player to breakout into a Allstar I don't see that either

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a combination of things. How many 1st rounders were given up to get players like Nash, Ramon sessions etc? Striking out last season didn't help. Had they added Carmelo then it's quite possible Aldridge or Jordan joins in. Next season will be pitches to Durant. But unless we get a player to breakout into a Allstar I don't see that either
It's interesting how things end up playing out. The summer Nash and Howard came everyone said it wouldn't happen because Howard didn't want to be in LA (which he probably didn't) and then it was we couldn't afford both players but somehow it happened. This week is going to be crazy until players and teams can actually seal the deal by getting contracts signed.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gonna have to be patient with a youth movement. They're having to dig themselves out of previous deals that ultimately didn't keep them contenders. We'll see this season if the youth have what it takes. If so, things may look better from a basketball aspect to the top FAs next summer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call! ya know it looks like you were right about that

What did I call?
I asked a question.
I've never said that I expected Love to be anywhere but Cleveland next year.

I will be wrong though if this contract doesn't have early opt outs or limited trade clauses.
I don't see him trusting anyone where it comes to his long term future after what he just went through.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Im the Lakers then I need to come away with someone. They don't have to make it big this offseason but they need at least one star.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014-15 TEAM 2015-16 TEAM
1. LeBron James SF/PF Cavaliers --
2. Kawhi Leonard SF Spurs Spurs
3. Tim Duncan PF Spurs --
4. Marc Gasol C Grizzlies --
5. LaMarcus Aldridge PF Trail Blazers --
6. Goran Dragic PG Heat Heat
7. Paul Millsap PF Hawks --
8. Kevin Love PF Cavaliers Cavaliers
9. Jimmy Butler SG Bulls Bulls
10. Wesley Matthews SG Trail Blazers --
11. Danny Green SF Spurs Spurs
12. Dwyane Wade SG Heat --
13. DeAndre Jordan C Clippers --
14. Brook Lopez C Nets Nets
15. Draymond Green SF Warriors --
16. Tristan Thompson C Cavaliers --
17. Tyson Chandler C Mavericks Suns
18. Brandon Knight PG Suns Suns
19. Khris Middleton SG Bucks --
20. Thaddeus Young SF Nets Nets
21. Greg Monroe PF Pistons --
22. DeMarre Carroll SF Hawks Raptors
23. Monta Ellis PG Mavericks --
24. Arron Afflalo SG Trail Blazers --
25. Tobias Harris SF Magic --
26. Al-Farouq Aminu SF Mavericks Trail Blazers
27. David West PF Pacers --
28. Kosta Koufos C Grizzlies --
29. Luol Deng SF Heat Heat
30. Reggie Jackson PG Pistons

This is CBS sports draft tracker/ranking of FA.
Of course it's just opinion, but Dragic is rated higher then Love, Butler, and many others.

Wiggy has Love top 10-15 in the league, but yet he's ranked 8 on this list.

Guess on 2-7 players in the league who aren't FA are better then him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Im the Lakers then I need to come away with someone. They don't have to make it big this offseason but they need at least one star.

Wade?
You'd have one hell of a wheelchair league team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade?
You'd have one hell of a wheelchair league team.
Wade would only make sense if they traded their young Guards for Cousins or something of that nature. I dont see it. DeAndre Jordan I can see.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The stars could ultimately end being the youngsters they have on the team. Lakers fans may need to be patient with a youth movement.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously don't understand why it would matter?
So are you saying that LA was more interested in what Kobe had to say instead of the guys that make the final decision? Seriously? Kobe showed his interest by even going to the meeting. What more should a player want?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying that LA was more interested in what Kobe had to say instead of the guys that make the final decision? Seriously? Kobe showed his interest by even going to the meeting. What more should a player want?

i don't know that it was a deciding factor. but somewhere in meeting between the two they just didn't agree. read something about kobe saying it would be like him and gasol. apparently didn't like that answer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't quite know where these rumours are starting from. How many people in that very specific, presumably closed-off room are going to the press to discuss what LMA is thinking? Kobe's tweet is exactly saying that:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "all these moves" did they make?

They traded Splitter which was already in discussion for this offseason Aldridge or not.
no they traded him to sign LA or another Big. If they don't land one it will be a fail.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stars could ultimately end being the youngsters they have on the team. Lakers fans may need to be patient with a youth movement.
you guys need to come away with at least someone- becuase you are right- getting that first guy is the hardest- and even if they just got a Monroe- that would help out the young guys- and help attract a star next year. ---I mean- I HOPE they get Alrdidge because that would keep him away from the Spurs or Rockets- butit seems like Kobe was not exactly diplomatic when talking to him from what is being reported....we shall see though....im not a huge Lakers fan by any means- but if them getting Aldridge keeps him away from the Spurs- so much the better.

I just have to laugh at the Knicks though---- now that is a hopeless situation. They dont own their draft pick next year since it was traded for Bargs....and the year after they have to pick swap with another team....i think the nuggets though im not sure...lol....

So if the Knicks suck the next 2 years- which they probably will- they still dont get a good draft pick. That is what is called a bad outlook.

If I was Phil I would do my best to trade Melo. What is the point? Honestly- id offer him to the Lakers for Russell- who knows if the Lakers would even do that.....but I think that would be their best play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tristan Thompson deal was 5 years $80 mil. I thought it was 4 years. So $16 isnt nearly as bad as 20. I thought he was worth 12-14, especially with the new cap coming up. So overpaid a little.
16 is still high for a rebounder who plays ok D. Doesn't score much. I understand u had to give him that but u have no room to add to that bench now. JR is now out of reach. Hey good news Gilbert was lying about spending. ESPN reported that Cavs with Tax will be the highest paid NBA team in History of the sport. Thy will pass the Nets. 200-250 mill. U guys better win a title now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they traded him to sign LA or another Big. If they don't land one it will be a fail.
I dont think Tiago Splitter is making or breaking the San Antonio Spurs....even if they don get a star they can easily replace Splitter.

Splitter was a decent bargain though at less then 9 a year for the next 2 years. He is a nice bench big for a fair price....