• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids try and talk about Bama like it's so much more prestigious than NE, football aside it's not. Im going to be there in a month for awhile and what Im looking forward to is the weekend drive to the beach in Destin FL

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids try and talk about Bama like it's so much more prestigious than NE, football aside it's not. Im going to be there in a month for awhile and what Im looking forward to is the weekend drive to the beach in Destin FL

Also, talking to ArrogantBamaFan, it sounds like Tuscaloosa is nothing special.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys go to cornnation.com is a good blog, they do a good job of keeping up with the recruiting. Also, following Nate Clouse on twitter is good. But yeah, more offers handed out, and the Huskers are handing them out all over the place. I think I might get an offer here soon. He must be good, if Joseph is there. And morning everyone. Be safe out there. Crazy fucking world we live in.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are loons.. might just never leave my house

But yea we sent a quite a few offers the last few days

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys go to cornnation.com is a good blog, they do a good job of keeping up with the recruiting. Also, following Nate Clouse on twitter is good. But yeah, more offers handed out, and the Huskers are handing them out all over the place. I think I might get an offer here soon. He must be good, if Joseph is there. And morning everyone. Be safe out there. Crazy fucking world we live in.

damn, I meant to write that Terry Joseph is in Cali seeing a DB Adarius Pickett

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, I meant to write that Terry Joseph is in Cali seeing a DB Adarius Pickett

Picket got offered last night by Joseph. Sure is making the rounds on the west coast. We desperately need DB help right now.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska offered an 8th grader today... Dylan Moses from Baton Rouge, LA... He had an offer from LSU as a 7th grader after he attended a junior day. He has offers from Nebraska, LSU, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Ole Miss, and UCLA... only in 8th grade. Dang.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska offered an 8th grader today... Dylan Moses from Baton Rouge, LA... He had an offer from LSU as a 7th grader after he attended a junior day. He has offers from Nebraska, LSU, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Ole Miss, and UCLA... only in 8th grade. Dang.

what position does he play?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what position does he play?

OLB... could play safety. Not sure at 8th grade you know exactly what you're getting at any position though. Crazy athletic kid with a good work ethic. Hopefully he takes advantage of the opportunity afforded him and doesn't let academics or his work ethic slip because he thinks he's all that. This is a lot to take in for a 13 or 14 year old.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just saw Nate Clouse has him as an ATH. And I saw, what I guess is his dad's account, who is a lawyer. Crazy to think about an 8th grader getting an offer, not that is has much value as I understand. Hell, why not offer to everyone that plays football in the 6th grade all over America, that way you can tell him when he is older; "we were the first to believe in you, and see your potential."

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never would have believed Nebraska would partake in this absurd aspect of recruiting.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this technique, it's not even a commitable offer for at least 4 years yet

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I was over Bubba...

Big, Fat Recruiting Update, April 22 | sports.omaha.com

Bubba Starling, 6-4/180, QB, Gardner (Kan.): Kansas City Royals (baseball)
ESPN: 4/115/7
Rivals: 4/119/6
Scout: 4/NR/10
Nebraska’s quarterback signee from 2011 is in the midst of his second full season of pro baseball. He’s at the Low A level, the South Atlantic League, playing for Lexington Legends. Starling’s off to a very slow start, hitting .156 with 26 strikeouts in 69 plate appearances. Starling’s prospect rank, according to Baseball America, dropped from No. 24 to No. 35. He’s still the Royals’ top prospect according to MLB.com, but Starling has to flash over the next two summers to make it anywhere near AAA Omaha.
No, I’m not suggesting Starling’s headed back to college football necessarily soon. But his swing has to come around.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monte Harrison 6-3/190, WR, Lee’s Summit (Mo.): NU, Ark, Mizzou, KU, KSU, MSU

247: 3/NR/85

247C: 3/587/76

ESPN: NR/NR/NR

Rivals: 3/NR/NR

Scout: 3/NR/71

Harrison is poised to make a big ratings jump after winning Offensive MVP honors over the weekend at a Rivals/Under Armour Camp in St. Louis. According to Rivals: “Harrison’s first step devastated defensive backs all afternoon. Often, he created significant separation within the first five yards. He caught more deep balls than any receiver at the event and the massive gaps he created in coverage made big plays look easy.”
Nebraska’s recruited Harrison harder than other schools since January. But the better Harrison does in these camp, the more attention he’ll grab from schools beyond Arkansas, Kansas State and Missouri. And, of course, he’s a good enough baseball player to go in the MLB Draft.

De ja vu?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offering middle school'ers, man that is whacked

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a fantasy baseball podcast, and they noted that the Royals have not developed their hitters faster. How it took Alex Gordon a while to be good, and now they got Moustakas or something, and Eric Hosmer, and both are not living up to their potential. So, it is not surprising that the Royals are not doing better with Bubba.