• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ uhhhh.....

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ideas for realistic commits over the next month or so??

Only name I can think of would be Foster, and I think he's gonna take his sweet time

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why Foster is not a Husker yet. does he want to do the stupid guess the hat song and dance? get it over with already. He knows what the Huskers have. Is it good enough, or not?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a beat on Madre London.

Not that I'm really all that concerned about the current RB situation.

Speaking of, what's the over/under on how many days till another Iowa RB has a career ending injury or transfers to BFE community college?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to be a battle if/when Alabama offers..

realistically they are our only competition for him

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why Foster is not a Husker yet. does he want to do the stupid guess the hat song and dance? get it over with already. He knows what the Huskers have. Is it good enough, or not?

He's not from here, but from everything I hear there's a very slim chance he goes elsewhere. Probably enjoying the attention.

It's not every day Nick Saban asks you to be a part of his program. I don't blame him for holding the phone for a minute.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lived in the NE since he was like 6, saying you're really from alabama when you've lived in Nebraska for 75% of your life seems pretty lame, I understand he has allot of family there and visits often yada yada

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not from here, but from everything I hear there's a very slim chance he goes elsewhere. Probably enjoying the attention.

It's not every day Nick Saban asks you to be a part of his program. I don't blame him for holding the phone for a minute.

Right now our biggest threat is probably Georgia believe it or not. Foster is real enamoured with the SEC. I think he probably stays at home, his teammate, brother and family are all here and I think that will keep him in Lincoln. But he really likes Georgia right now. He'll milk the process, I wouldn't hold my breath on a commitment any time soon from him.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ideas for realistic commits over the next month or so??

Only name I can think of would be Foster, and I think he's gonna take his sweet time

Foster's a no go within the month... perhaps Zack Darlington? Not sure. A month ago I would have said Peyton Newell but it looks like he's going to play the game a bit longer as well. If there was someone close to pulling the trigger Darlington would be it IMO, but he has to visit first.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darlington will be this summer

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I take that back... 3-star DB out of Arizona, Dominique Fenstermacher could pull the trigger soon. He's uber athletic, very underrated right now. Killed it at the Arizona 7 on 7s.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lived in the NE since he was like 6, saying you're really from alabama when you've lived in Nebraska for 75% of your life seems pretty lame, I understand he has allot of family there and visits often yada yada

That's a good card to play if he really would prefer to play at Alabama.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wasn't all that impessed with Madre. A lot of 10-15 yd runs in his film but no real breakaways. Could be that his team didn't block well down field, but at the next level there will be more talent and speed in secondaries.

On a positive note it usually took more than one guy to bring him down.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wasn't all that impessed with Madre. A lot of 10-15 yd runs in his film but no real breakaways. Could be that his team didn't block well down field, but at the next level there will be more talent and speed in secondaries.

On a positive note it usually took more than one guy to bring him down.

I got the same impression, but he could be deceptively fast.

The thing is, from what I can remember, St Thomas Aquinas is one of the most talent rich programs in the country and getting our foot in the door there is more than enough reason to be offering him.

He plays at the highest level of competition in the country. (Florida 7A) That makes his power game all the more impressive.

And now that I did some googling, St. Thomas Aquinas has been reeling off state titles like freaking crazy. ('07, '08, '10, '12)

They also won High School National titles as recently as '08 and '10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just always hope for the complete package, and I know those guys are a rarety.

He seems to have good hands and found the initial lanes, just couldn't seem to break out. He's got good size for a LB too tho.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I heard he is from Tuscaloosa originally. I just think, he must have gone to UNL several times already. Our facilities are second to known. He will get as much exposure in Nebraska as any other school, and our fan base is the best. so, if we don't trail anyone in any of that. he is already playing in the state, he should be a Husker, unless we are his backup plan. Bama facilities are not better than ours, their fans are not better, and he won't get as much exposure playing for Bama than he would for the Huskers, when you think of the new Fox Sports 1 network, and the BTN. So, the only thing is coaching, and Bama has us there, dead to right. I get it when an out of state player comes in, and is hard to get them to come look at our facilities and what not. But dude is here. He knows we got all that he needs. Then again...I guess he might want a free trip to Tuscaloosa and enjoy that. I rambled on.