• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2013 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear about Hannon, hope he sticks with it. Was not happy at all to hear about Klatchko, I was looking forward to seeing him play but oh well.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed about Klatchko as well. His HS tape he is a very aggresive player.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed a few frosh OL guys at fan day that looked like they need to get their asses in the weight room. Since they have a pretty nice one to use and all for free, plus personal trainers and nutritionist's. No excuse to let yourself get fatted up and out of shape.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan

Major, major surprise commitment No. 14 in Alabama cornerback Jonathan Cook. Solid three-star corner from SEC country. #Huskers

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Christopherson‏@HuskerExtraBC

Cook committed without ever seeing Lincoln. Said he liked Pelini, Terry Joseph & what he heard about the fan base. #Huskers

#Husker coaches' reaction? "They said it made their day," Cook said.

Cornerback commit Jonathan Cook (Spanish Fort, Ala.) confirmed he committed to #Huskers today, giving NU 14 pledges.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this kid badly wants a bama offer though...

All saban has to do is snap his fingers... Just sayin!

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Callahan
HuskerOnline.com Publisher

Nobody could've predicted this commitment for Nebraska.

The Big Red landed a verbal pledge from Spanish Fort (Ala.) cornerback Jonathan Cook on Thursday night, to push their class of 2013 total up to 14 commits.

Alabama cornerback Jonathan Cook gave Nebraska commitment No. 14 on Thursday night.
The 6-foot, 185 pound Cook chose the Huskers over offers from BCS schools Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Louisville, Penn State and Minnesota. Cook also received a gray shirt offer from Alabama head coach Nick Saban after he was one of the top standouts at their camp this past June.

Cook informed NU secondary coach Terry Joseph and head coach Bo Pelini of his commitment shortly before the Huskers took the field for their evening practice on Thursday.

"He said I made his day," Cook said of Joseph's reaction when he committed.

"I hadn't actually talked to their coaches until last month and they offered me and I just talked to my parents about them because I liked them a lot. They have a good fan base and I really liked everything about Nebraska."

Cook said he grew up naturally a fan of the Crimson Tide, but since they could only offer him a gray shirt that's why he decided to leave the state.

Earlier this summer at their camp he ran a 4.55 second 40-yard dash, and he clocked 4.53 seconds at Ole Miss's camp.

"Alabama offered me a gray shirt and they wanted me to enroll all the way in 2014," Cook said. "I didn't really like that. I went to the Alabama camp and I thought I was one of if not the best guy at their camp. They said they already offered all their corners, so they were up against the numbers."

Cook has yet to visit Lincoln, but he has his official visit set up tentatively for the Michigan game on Oct. 27.

"I haven't been up to Nebraska, but I have seen their facilities and stuff on YouTube," Cook said. "It just gave me a good idea of what everything looked like and stuff like that.

"Nebraska is something different. I just want to go somewhere that I can play. They have a good corners coach and they've sent a lot of corners to the NFL. I think I fit in with what they do on defense."

One thing Cook did clarify though is he does plan to take some other official visits during the fall, which has become a common trend this year in recruiting.

With so many early commitments in the class of 2013, other prospects are being forced to make their decisions at a much more rapid pace because classes are filling up at the top programs around the country.

"I am going to take all five of my official visits to other schools," Cook said. "I want to make sure I check out some other schools too."

HuskerOnline.com - Huskers get surprise commitment No. 14

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this kid badly wants a bama offer though...

All saban has to do is snap his fingers... Just sayin!

Supposively they would only offer him a grayshirt and enroll in 2014. Saban said they were full at CB for the class.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark that down as the shakiest commit on the board.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just locking up a spot in the best opportunity to date.

He likely never see Lincoln.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks GBR.

Jonathan Rose is officially N

634433226.jpg

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you counted him in this recruiting class we would be nearing a top 10 class right now.

That's just a guess but I think it would be close.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you counted him in this recruiting class we would be nearing a top 10 class right now.

That's just a guess but I think it would be close.

Where will he be counted at?