• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2013 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short ridge is a beast would be a huge get huge. Also Willis land those two and Mathis. I would be happy. Mathis most likely a juco tho

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i have to laugh sometimes at the Nebraska Fans who are from the midwest and their thoughts regarding recruiting. I am not laughing to diminish their opinions. I will put my 2 sense in and obviously use my lil bro as a real life example since we are fresh of the recruiting cycle.. As a Husker fan from the East Coast ive never been to the midwest just flown past. sometimes you don't realize the difference in mindset and deep rooted stigma that these kids already formed regarding certain region and school since birth. Nebraska has all the facility and history and tradition everything that is required to get high profile recruit except THE most important thing which is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. numbers will tell you that most kids tend to committo schoolthatare driving distance from home this can range from 50miles to 300miles away most kids have not even been on a plane and most fansfailed to understand the magnitude of Location they see the other high profile schools with top 10 recruiting class. USC, Mich, OHio, Bama, Fla,FSU, TExas, OU, LSU i can go on and on look at those teams roster i will put my entire house and life saving that over 50% of the kids in the roster are within 200miles radius and i challenge anyone here to prove me wrong. Nebraska will always be behind on the toll poll regardless of championships or BCS berth etc. Bo knows this, one thing that Neb has to win and is winning is the JUCO battle because majority of the JC guys already left home and LOcation Location is not going to be as important as if they were coming out of HighSchool. in these cases the parents already got over the kids being away from home and the kids already got that homesickness out of their systems. Bo have to be selectivein who they recruit, some kids have character issues meaning smoking pot, drinking, friends thugs etc and some schools character dont mean a thing i wont name any but we all know it's a double edge sword. Neb is know for tradition and strick environment where if you are a talented athlete and you know you smoke pot and have thugish mentality it wont be allowed in Neb but it will bein certain schools why the heck would you come to NEB trust kids aint as dumb as you thing. They read articles they know "hey in this program i can make mistakes as long as i am balling on the field no one would give a crap, but in Neb the stigma is man if i screw up they will get rid of me rightfully so because to Bo and to Nebraska fan character matters it's not just about winning ftball games as a parent that's more important then NC i hate to say that but sometimes the truth hurts but a NC is a close second.The south has a stigma with kids it's goes as this " if i ball out i can do whatever i want i just gotta ball out". the case for the Aub RB who got ample oppt to change hiswaysthen hetransfered to ARk St and still screwed up he knew that he will get chances because he won a National Championship and was the MVP. Do yall want those type of character guys on your program. Auburn yes won the national championship but look at worley and cam's situation and the RB how would you characterized AU now. T.O won doing it the right way and Bo is going to win doing it the right way it's not the easy way but at the end of the day it's the ethical way. Nebraska has a clean image and for me that's worth more than any NC. if i am a highly talent prospect and i know i smoke pot and it's between neb and Aub lol i will chose Au in a heartbeat it's just lifehasnothing to do with Bo not being a good recruiter. Neb will never outrecruit SEC schools for kids in SEC country they might get a few and that's all Bo wnat's it's a few hence his higher of Raymond and now Joseph. Neb will neveroutrecruitOhio St when kids just likekids in Neb or surrondings area eat sleep and drink OSU or Neb. Neb will neveroutrecruit TExas even if TX is on a decline they will never outrecruit USC or UCla for Cali kids and they damn well wont Out Recruit Vatech for VA/dc/md kids that's a FACT regardless the coach or tradition or NC but i will put Neb against any program for JC's that's an even playing field hence the success so please stop even if Saban or Myers or Hoke coach Neb it wil be the same. some might say Bill Callahan recruited well mmmm i won't even get on that topic. Neb will get quality players and some 4 or 5 starshereand there but they will nevergetUSCcaliberclassitwont happen that's the hand Neb get so what do you do you make the best out of it. We pick Neb because to us Location didnt matter hence JC example. on a even playing field Neb won over OU and FSU for Moh just to name a few. but i guarantee if Moh was a High School recruit Neb will get a visit but he would not be playing here he would be at some school in the East Coast Period. not bashing Neb we will stillbeNeb fansand follow them but due to the magntude of Location especially for 17-18 y/0 kids who never been away from home longer than a week or two. Lets enjoy Bo's recruiting improvement and look at this diifferently,we have a bad hand but this what makes Neb so special we know we have a bad hand but dammit we are going to still play anyone anywhere and we will fight because that's the culture of Nebraskan that's the tradition it's us againist the guys with the silver spoon in the mouth we want to knock the crap out of the silver spoon. And we are going to have the best fan support in college football to help the kids knock some people out.

GBR see you guys in Indy.

Seisays bros post on another board.. grammar hell, but good content

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why (and this has been talked about as of late) we need to own our border states. Nebraska is a better option than Kansas, Colorado, Missouri. Need to reel in those blue chippers consistently. Find a way to get into the Chicago area consistently too. Find the magic formula to sell those kids, it's not like they are unaware of Nebraska football.

I'm just rehashing what I've heard and it makes sense.

Who are our top pro prospects on the roster right now??

Kyler Reed: Kansas City/overland park
Ben Cotton: Ames, Iowa
Spencer Long: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Will Compton: Bonne Terre, Missouri
Baker Steinkuhler: Lincoln, Nebraska

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MAIN thing we need is coaches who can develop.

I'd love to see what a Pat Fitzgerald or Chris Petersen could do @ Nebraska. I'm not saying Bo can't develop guys, but he doesn't have a consistent track record of it. Not yet anyway.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we can get him on campus and enrolled before the season even starts?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do want. We've struggled to bring in a blue chip safety. Lyons gave us a whiff. Cravens wouldn't even do that. It can't do anything but help this football team.

Thing I like to hear most is that he led the team in interceptions this spring.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedric Collins, the top defensive back in the state of Texas for 2014 in what appears to be the most loaded group of talent coming out of Tejas in years will likely be N soon.

He was a Big Red Weekend guy. Got his family up and they were extremely impressed.

Torii Hunter Jr. is on campus right now visiting with the staff and touring the facilities.

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedric Collins, the top defensive back in the state of Texas for 2014 in what appears to be the most loaded group of talent coming out of Tejas in years will likely be N soon.

He was a Big Red Weekend guy. Got his family up and they were extremely impressed.

Torii Hunter Jr. is on campus right now visiting with the staff and touring the facilities.

If we can land Collins that would be HUGE!!! Good chance a 5* CB.....

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter had a great visit. Everyone does...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City (Mo.) Rockhurst offensive guard Zach Hannon will announce his commitment for the 2013 recruiting class at 4 p.m. on Twitter. Hannon, who has taken several unofficial visits to NU, will choose between the Huskers, Arkansas and Missouri. Via text Tuesday night, the 6-foot-5, 300-pounder told the World-Herald he knows where’s he’s going. We’ll see if it’s NU.
If not, it’s a blow to the Huskers’ recruiting class. Nebraska’s sunk a lot of time into this prospect, and 2012 signee Michael Rose – also from Rockhurst – should be a draw.

:pray: