• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this case is very simple.

The NBA and its owners have decided they do not want to do business with Sterling anymore.

He does not have ANY right to decide he can continue to do business with them. They are ousting him under their by-laws to which he has already agreed.

What justification does he have to challenge this? According to Silver, he admitted he made the racist comments. That's the ballgame. The recordings are irrelevant, as are how they were obtained - because he already admitted he made the comments. He lost his sponsors......he's damaged the league. And they have every right in the world to remove them from THEIR league.

Interesting article in the Los Angeles Times which explains why the NBA is ousting them. There is a long history of race discrimination by both parties, but because nothing was ever proven in court and it was never definitive, there just wasn't enough to kick him out. Shelly Sterling has been recorded on video telling tenants that she was a health inspector and then started harassing them to not leave things outside of the doors in the hallway, and there are witnesses that confirmed she has made derogatory remarks about black people. There is no way she can pretend that she isn't racist now

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is true, I am not surprised. Quite frankly I kind of thought from the beginning that he might have dementia - His speech and being argumentative and etc indicated that even though I still think he is and has been racist for years. Both of them have demonstrated being racist long before this came up

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like the former CEO of Microsoft Steve Ballmer will be purchasing the team for $2 billion.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like the former CEO of Microsoft Steve Ballmer will be purchasing the team for $2 billion.

The team has already been sold and the papers has been signed without Donald Sterling's signature. Donald Sterling was determined to be mentally incapacitated which enabled Shelly to sell the team in it's entirety to Balmer. The transaction now only has to go to the board of governors for approval. The Sterling's legal battled that was predicted to be a long ordeal in the courts was over before it started. They folded because they knew they didn't have a prayer

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA really stuck it to Donald Sterling. What a great punishment. A team he bought for 12 million, he is going to sell for 2 billion.:laugh3:

What's his next punishment doled out by the NBA? Are they going to force him to sleep with a Victoria Secret model, but not let him pick out which one he gets to sleep with?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA really stuck it to Donald Sterling. What a great punishment. A team he bought for 12 million, he is going to sell for 2 billion.:laugh3:

What's his next punishment doled out by the NBA? Are they going to force him to sleep with a Victoria Secret model, but not let him pick out which one he gets to sleep with?

Don't tell Donald Sterling that - he feels punished, but either way it's not about punishing him. It was about removing a racist pig from a sensitive position of power over minorities.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell Donald Sterling that - he feels punished, but either way it's not about punishing him. It was about removing a racist pig from a sensitive position of power over minorities.

Hmmmmmmm -- i wonder if all the minorities are going to move out of his real estate holdings or if they are just going to continue to line his pockets with more money.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmmm -- i wonder if all the minorities are going to move out of his real estate holdings or if they are just going to continue to line his pockets with more money.

What minorities? He didn't lease to them, hence the federal lawsuits.......

I wonder how fast his case against the NBA will get thrown out of court......

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is dead on arrival because if Donald Sterling is incapacitated mentally, then he doesn't have the capacity to file a lawsuit and the court will have to appoint a legal power of attorney over him and it sounds like Shelly has that. What these people don't realize is that all of these legal issues were thought of and decided decades ago.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just glanced at it and could be totally wrong but it appears he's challenging the anti-trust laws and the NBA...which is how every sports league operates. So I'd say I have a better chance hooking up with Kate Upton at bar than the court ruling in his favor and dismantling the structure of every sports league in America

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just glanced at it and could be totally wrong but it appears he's challenging the anti-trust laws and the NBA...which is how every sports league operates. So I'd say I have a better chance hooking up with Kate Upton at bar than the court ruling in his favor and dismantling the structure of every sports league in America

It just isn't going to happen and besides that - He lost every time he has ever sued the NBA or NBA players anyway - Tried to sue Bill Walton for being injured and then going to Celtics and winning a championship - refused to pay him. He was going to be put out of the league 33 years ago and then the NBA backed off.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of them most likely don't know who they are renting from to be honest. Most people like him use independent property management firms or resident managers who shields the owners from the tenants. A tenant would have to really be upset about something and have a reason to find out who the owner is and then it's tough if you have a lease or no where to go.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World News just reported that his lawyer said Sterling is dropping his case and willfully sell the team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World News just reported that his lawyer said Sterling is dropping his case and willfully sell the team.

That's what happens when a person comes to his senses and realizes that he has been beat. He had no legs to stand on from the beginning and he knew it. If Donald or Rochelle had a case they would be heading to court, but the NBA has signed contracts which makes them agree to binding arbitration. The NBA is far to valuable to the other owners to allow one owner the right to be a racist and fight back through lawsuits and and etc. I told everyone that I thought it would be over before October and looks like I was right.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he never had a case. The league banned him by their rules.......no challenging that. His wife sold the team, not the NBA.

He realized it isn't worth the money to even bother. Just take your money and disappear.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd imagine that a $2billion return on a $12million investment has a way of bringing one to his senses.:lol:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's now going to try to block the sale and sue the league for 1 billion.

The question I have is this - he's suing over the forced sale of the team? The NBA did not force him to do anything - his wife sold the team. So what exactly is he suing over?

I kind of pity him now......his lawyer is clearly in this to get paid, there is no case to be had here. Then there's the whole "mentally incompetent" thing that he's kind of proving with all this back and forth over a lawsuit that clearly has no merit.

It's kind of sad watching this old man wither away in this fashion making a fool of himself time and again. I don't necessarily feel sorry for him for all the misery he's caused others, but this whole situation is just sad.