• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make all the excuses you want.

Donald Sterling is a racist piece of shit.

So is Larry Johnson.

End of discussion.

Yet one will lose a bunch of money and be scorned for the rest of his life and one will be applauded for his "courage."

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is different - that is eavesdropping and could fall under the illegal wire tapping laws. What happened in this case if reported correctly today -is that Stiviano recorded her private conversations with Sterling and further more she has over 100 hours of such recordings and warned him that the conversations go back to last September in being recorded. She also informed him that somehow those recordings could end up in the wrong hands if the 1.8 million dollar lawsuit against her did not go away. Sterling could have easily fixed everything -but did nothing.

You might not be okay with someone secretly recording a conversation between you and him or her, but that does not make it illegal.

It is most certainly illegal, along with the laundry list of felonies in your post that she committed....but, you somehow think thats all his fault.

California Recording Law | Digital Media Law Project

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the idea that my private conversations should stay private but one person in that conversation decided to take it public.

Oh, and so that makes it okay now?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the idea that my private conversations should stay private but one person in that conversation decided to take it public. It is now public. Maybe if you're a racist piece of shit you should just keep it to yourself! I won't disagree though that the other owners may not vote him out. Maybe they want to protect themselves because they do fucked up shit too. Maybe they share the same beliefs as Sterling. Maybe they are on this "private conversation" "thought crimes" nonsense. But it will not be good for the league or any of the other owners pockets if they don't get rid of him. Silver believes he has the votes or I doubt that he would have stuck his neck out so far.

Being taken public was illegal and has little to no value in the leagues ability to force him out. He will take legal action to defend himself if it gets that far, and he is very likely to win.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country is 238 years old & slavery was abolished 151 years ago. I think enough time has passed, given no one alive even participated in the process. :laugh3:

To hear some tell it, our parents owned slaves. It's honestly laughable.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the text of the contract posted elsewhere here, there must be both a contract breach and a significant harm to the NBA in order for a vote to be possible.

Regardless, there will not be the votes to kick him.

They got enough to justify significant harm when virtually every sponser for the Clippers has withdrawn their support and the players are so upset that they may want out of their contracts. I think they do have enough votes if they want to protect the image of the NBA

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country is 238 years old & slavery was abolished 151 years ago. I think enough time has passed, given no one alive even participated in the process. :laugh3:

Do you truly believe that the mistreatment of blacks in this country ended 151 years ago?

Most people on this board were alive when segregation was alive and well. The mistreatment of blacks in this country is embarrassingly recent.

I'll be the fist to say that the sooner we can all get over that history, the better in terms of ending racism. But it is unfair to tell someone who was a victim of the mistreatment or had a parent or grandparent that was a victim of if to just get over it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is being reported that the Knicks will hire Steve Kerr.

Will Larry Johnson tolerate this without a fight?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a private conversation. It's none of our business. No one had the right to hear it.

Interesting that before TMZ aired his private conversation there was no problem at all. Now there's a huge issue.

This is bullshit.

Yeah because we didn't know before, now we know. Are you serious with that statement? No, it wasn't any of our business but V or what ever her name is made it our business. His phone wasn't tapped, he didn't have a drone outside his house, she decided to shed light on his character. Yes, she was trying to ruin him. That's what he gets number one for being a racist and number two for trusting that this 31 year old nut job really just like his wrinkly balls.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing - this won't take place in any court, federal or state - both sides are legally bound by binding arbitration. The courts won't get involved in this. You all need to study up on how it works in Major League Sports. The NBA has vast powers and teeth

And yet it has not been tested against such a precedent. A lifetime ban of an owner based on a illegally recorded conversation. You need to learn that no agreement is iron clad. You just need the resources to challenge it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is different - that is eavesdropping and could fall under the illegal wire tapping laws. What happened in this case if reported correctly today -is that Stiviano recorded her private conversations with Sterling and further more she has over 100 hours of such recordings and warned him that the conversations go back to last September in being recorded. She also informed him that somehow those recordings could end up in the wrong hands if the 1.8 million dollar lawsuit against her did not go away. Sterling could have easily fixed everything -but did nothing.

You might not be okay with someone secretly recording a conversation between you and him or her, but that does not make it illegal.

Actually, if you are outside his house on public property, you are much safer from a legal perspective than you are as a participant, as being audible from a public place provides less claim that the conversation was indeed a private one. As a participant, you don't have a right to breach the privacy of the conversation.

Your allegations would be extortion as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being taken public was illegal and has little to no value in the leagues ability to force him out. He will take legal action to defend himself if it gets that far, and he is very likely to win.

Doubt it - this is a civil matter and she recorded the conversations in her house - just like Richard Nixon did decades ago before he had to turn them over to the justice department. There isn't going to be criminal charges - the NBA just banned him for life and fined him 2.5 million and are moving to remove him from the league.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you truly believe that the mistreatment of blacks in this country ended 151 years ago?

Most people on this board were alive when segregation was alive and well. The mistreatment of blacks in this country is embarrassingly recent.

I'll be the fist to say that the sooner we can all get over that history, the better in terms of ending racism. But it is unfair to tell someone who was a victim of the mistreatment or had a parent or grandparent that was a victim of if to just get over it.

Okay, YOU brought up "recent" slavery.

He responded that slavery was abolished over 150 years ago.

Now you're changing it to "mistreatment?"

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got enough to justify significant harm when virtually every sponser for the Clippers has withdrawn their support and the players are so upset that they may want out of their contracts. I think they do have enough votes if they want to protect the image of the NBA

Significant harm is arguable, but it doesn't matter. There is no contract breach and thus no grounds to boot him.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard someone had the idea to give every Clippers player the option of becoming a free agent this summer.

That would destroy that franchise pretty quickly I think.

that would never happen. then certain teams could hand pick the Clippers. they would all probably be Lakers.