• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Titleless Suns Vs Lakers Dec 28, 2014

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article doesn't know because the Heat don't have much to offer TJF12 and I think it is another one of those speculative articles to stir the pot.

However, what is known is that we just signed Tarik Black, the guy Houston cut to make room for Josh Smith. Black is a 6'9" 260lb PF/C who gets 4.2 pts/game and 5 rebounds per game. Looks like a Boozer replica. To make room, we officially cut Xavier Henry.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black appears to be a small diamond in the rough. He went undrafted but Houston snapped him up after he played well in the Summer League. He filled in for Dwight Howard while he was injured and Houston barely missed a beat. I know Houston needed the spot for J-Smoove, but I was still surprised they cut him. I would have thought they'd try to keep him because at worst he's a capable back up big, something every team always needs.

Outside of Davis, this could likely be the best signing LA has made in the last few months. While its still a small sample size, he's shown pretty decent defensive instincts, appears to be a potentially great rebounder (the very least a good one), and some offensive game. He's also dirt cheap. Give him significant minutes to see how he develops and you could easily lock him into a longer deal that still dirt cheap.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow thats a guy we could actually use!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny debate on the MJ supports Kobe thread. I'm 99.9% sure that user has been here before.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black appears to be a small diamond in the rough. He went undrafted but Houston snapped him up after he played well in the Summer League. He filled in for Dwight Howard while he was injured and Houston barely missed a beat. I know Houston needed the spot for J-Smoove, but I was still surprised they cut him. I would have thought they'd try to keep him because at worst he's a capable back up big, something every team always needs.

Outside of Davis, this could likely be the best signing LA has made in the last few months. While its still a small sample size, he's shown pretty decent defensive instincts, appears to be a potentially great rebounder (the very least a good one), and some offensive game. He's also dirt cheap. Give him significant minutes to see how he develops and you could easily lock him into a longer deal that still dirt cheap.

It also means they may be trading somebody else soon since we have a lot of PF's now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also means they may be trading somebody else soon since we have a lot of PF's now.

Not necessarily. He's more of a center. I'd just stop playing Sacre and cut Boozer's minutes a bit too. Boozer doesn't really have a future here anyway and Sacre has maxed out as 12th man.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a smashing start in this thread and the game is still over 30 minutes away.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. He's more of a center. I'd just stop playing Sacre and cut Boozer's minutes a bit too. Boozer doesn't really have a future here anyway and Sacre has maxed out as 12th man.

Boozer has a very tradeable contract, I think he could be the one who gets dealt.

Say to a team like Miami? Package him with Lin, maybe?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds good. This season is about developing talent and seeing who's gonna be around for the re-build, who's getting cut and who might bring a good return via trade. May as well add another. Bummer about Xavier, but it's like his body is just breaking down on him.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny debate on the MJ supports Kobe thread. I'm 99.9% sure that user has been here before.

Turns out he was an alt too. Fuckin' knew it. Hammer busted him.