• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tip of the Cap to Josh McCown

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, he was great. I know it was Washington, but he was making some serious throws.

14/20 204 yards 1 TD 0 INT's 119 QB Rating

If we had Briggs and Tillman out there, maybe we steal this one, but christ... that was gut wrenching to watch.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

McCown gave it what he had, have to respect that. Also had some nice runs.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quarterback controversey lol.

Had little faith in McCown, throw that last one out of bounds, only thing worse than a pick was a sack. Otherwise, color me surprised he did that well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quarterback controversey lol.

Had little faith in McCown, throw that last one out of bounds, only thing worse than a pick was a sack. Otherwise, color me surprised he did that well.

Nah... no controversy. Cutler would have done the same thing McCown did. His pick six hit Jeffery in the hands.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was being sarcastic

Meh... IDK. He's been hugely critical of Cutler in the past. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he used this as an excuse to start calling for Cutler's benching.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect to McCown, he came in and delivered. Our D wasn't prepared for him and couldn't adjust. Unbelievable that it required so many points for us to take this game with all your injuries. Speedy recovery and GL down the stretch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect to McCown, he came in and delivered. Our D wasn't prepared for him and couldn't adjust. Unbelievable that it required so many points for us to take this game with all your injuries. Speedy recovery and GL down the stretch.

RGIII is starting to look healthy. You guys could start reeling off some wins down the stretch. Good luck to you guys as well.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII is starting to look healthy. You guys could start reeling off some wins down the stretch. Good luck to you guys as well.

Thanks richig, we'll need all the mojo we can get. Next week Denver, ugh. But who knows, after that? Griff and our running game is finally starting to click but we've got a hell of alot of issues to fixing D and ST.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of Josh haters on this site. Me not being 1 of them. I actually thought he ran this system better in 1 half of play, than Jay did all year. His reads seemed quicker than Jay's, and he hit his open receivers, in a timely fashion.
Not hating on Jay ( love him as our QB) , just think Josh has a better understanding of what T-man wants right now. The O looked unstoppable with him directing it. Be it only for 1 half. And doing it with no practice reps.
It'll be interesting to see if his good play can continue.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of Josh haters on this site. Me not being 1 of them. I actually thought he ran this system better in 1 half of play, than Jay did all year. His reads seemed quicker than Jay's, and he hit his open receivers, in a timely fashion.
Not hating on Jay ( love him as our QB) , just think Josh has a better understanding of what T-man wants right now. The O looked unstoppable with him directing it. Be it only for 1 half. And doing it with no practice reps.
It'll be interesting to see if his good play can continue.

It would be a hell of a story if it does and he starts winning games.

However, while I like McCown and always have thought he was a good backup, I tend to think the reason he looked so good was due to the fact that we were playing a pretty downright bad defense. Jay likely also would have had a big day against the Skins. I mean, the INT he threw went in and out of Alshon's hands.

Although, there is no denying that some of the throws McCown made were downright impressive. Think about it like this. If that was a young QB out there making throws like that, you'd be really optimistic about his future. In what seems like all likelihood, I think Josh may be our QB for the remainder of the season. It may not be too far off to think in that direction.

The only thing I saw that McCown definitively lacks compared to Cutler, is a quick release. McCown takes a little bit longer to get rid of the football. However, maybe he can make up for it with his ability to read. Because he sure did a great job of that in Washington. He looked comfortable, confident, and even a bit cocky in the 4th quarter. He was making audibles, changing plays, etc...

I do have concerns over how he'll react to being pressured by a real pass rush, but he definitely went above and beyond today. Played more than well enough to win the game.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a hell of a story if it does and he starts winning games.

However, while I like McCown and always have thought he was a good backup, I tend to think the reason he looked so good was due to the fact that we were playing a pretty downright bad defense. Jay likely also would have had a big day against the Skins. I mean, the INT he threw went in and out of Alshon's hands.

Although, there is no denying that some of the throws McCown made were downright impressive. Think about it like this. If that was a young QB out there making throws like that, you'd be really optimistic about his future. In what seems like all likelihood, I think Josh may be our QB for the remainder of the season. It may not be too far off to think in that direction.

The only thing I saw that McCown definitively lacks compared to Cutler, is a quick release. McCown takes a little bit longer to get rid of the football. However, maybe he can make up for it with his ability to read. Because he sure did a great job of that in Washington. He looked comfortable, confident, and even a bit cocky in the 4th quarter. He was making audibles, changing plays, etc...

I do have concerns over how he'll react to being pressured by a real pass rush, but he definitely went above and beyond today. Played more than well enough to win the game.

I share the same concerns, but also keep in mind this years backup has better receiving targets than backups that have had to play in years past. That *should* help offset some of the athletic differences between Cutler and McCown.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a facebook post, groin muscle tear, jay out minimum of four weeks.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown did ok, I wouldn't put alot of faith in it yet though the Skins Defense is as bad as ours. we will see against the Packers. if he could pull that off everyone will be believing.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I share the same concerns, but also keep in mind this years backup has better receiving targets than backups that have had to play in years past. That *should* help offset some of the athletic differences between Cutler and McCown.

Just to add, the Backup also has a better O-line.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add, the Backup also has a better O-line.

The problem is that the defense is just freaking horrendous. Especially without Briggs.

Josh McCown is literally going to have to lead one of the best offenses in the NFL if we're going to beat GB or DET.

Here's something we can hope for, since we play in GB and at home in Chicago for our next three games. PRAY FOR A BLIZZARD. November 4th, 10th, and 17th sound like the perfect days for the first three big snowfalls of the season.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown will put up better numbers than cutler would have. Trestman is the QB whisperer, does better with the guy with the pea shooter than the gunslinger.

thing is, McCown runs the offense, makes the throws and defense starts scoring touchdowns again, you gotta wonder if the bears are gonna pony up to keep cutler. Not saying McCown is the starter for years to come, but draft the QB or get Blanchard back after next week and start his development. Trestman loves the project quarterbacks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown will put up better numbers than cutler would have. Trestman is the QB whisperer, does better with the guy with the pea shooter than the gunslinger.

thing is, McCown runs the offense, makes the throws and defense starts scoring touchdowns again, you gotta wonder if the bears are gonna pony up to keep cutler. Not saying McCown is the starter for years to come, but draft the QB or get Blanchard back after next week and start his development. Trestman loves the project quarterbacks.

Cutler is the guy going forward. NFL coaches need to succeed in one of their first two years to keep a job. Starting over with a new QB next season is the last thing he wants. Cutler was so close to really breaking through in this system. It takes more than a full season for system's like this to start actually working how you want them to.