• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time Warner

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had TWC for years. SNLA is awesome.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate TWC, Pisses me off about missing games but Direct TV is much better

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll figure it out sooner or later. Don't worry, though, you're not completely shut out:

Thursday, March 27 vs. Angels, 7:10 p.m. - Fox Sports West
Friday, March 28 vs. Angels, 7:10 p.m. - Fox Sports West
Saturday, March 29 at Angels, 6:05 p.m. - KCOP
Sunday, March 30 at Padres, 5:05 p.m. - ESPN*
Saturday, April 5 vs. Giants, 1:10 p.m. - Fox Sports 1
Sunday, April 6 vs. Giants, 5:05 p.m. - ESPN*
*not on SportsNet LA

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Uverse will come to an agreement soon so I can get my boys in blue soon!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just a matter of time. The providers will all figure out how to make each other rich, then life will be good.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope youre right Villain as I need my Dodgers!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct TV will not have the home broadcasts even with MLB package. I am pissed, only reason I get the package is the Dodgers. Seems like the other 81 will be on though.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct TV will not have the home broadcasts even with MLB package. I am pissed, only reason I get the package is the Dodgers. Seems like the other 81 will be on though.

The home broadcasts are always blacked out in those packages.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the first domestic regular season game now. The feed looks awesome. Australia had me worried since the audio was terrible (Vin sounded like he was inside of either a tin can or the year 1967), and the video wasn't remarkable. I can now say, with confidence, that those problems were limited to that trip and everything looks muuuuch better now.

Also, now that we've gone through over a month of programming, I feel I can now review some of the personalities who've been regulars.

Vin Scully - Come on. 10/10. It's Vin. He's been getting names wrong and sometimes he calls pitches incorrectly, but who cares? It's Vin. He's a treasure.

Orel Hershiser - 7.0/10. He's fine, and he gets the job done about 1000x better than Steve Lyons did, but he leaves a lot to be desired in my book. I love the guy, always been a big fan, but he is just kinda flat and boring. I wish he had more personality. Also, the other day Charlie Steiner asked Orel to explain the difference between a slider and a cutter and it was outright painful. It's really easy - a cutter is a fastball that breaks to the left of a righty pitcher (and vice versa). A slider breaks in the same fashion as a cutter, but typically to a greater degree than the cutter, and it's a off-speed pitch. It's that easy! I wanted to die hearing him say everything except that. Steiner didn't sound like he got it, but whatever.

Jerry Hairston, Jr. - 6.5/10. Definitely the weakest link. Sometimes he can be funny, and he does do well on TV (more personality than Hershiser), but he's looking to be the next Harold Reynolds. Hairston also has 2 things he always says:
1. "My former team" Considering he played on like 20 teams.
2. "insert-current-player is now the "best player/best dressed/funniest/best looking/best dancer now that I'm retired." Every. Time.

John Hartung - 8/10. He's the studio host. He does some interviews and essentially serves as the well-spoken straight man to whoever the in-studio guests are. He does this job very well.

Nomar Garciaparra - 8/10. I'm biased, since I've been a Nomar fanboy forever. It's Ramon spelled backwards. He's awesome, love that guy. So, with that as a grain of salt, I think I can still say that he's the best of the former ballplayers who are regulars on the channel. Nomar doesn't have the same Dodgers credentials that Hershiser has, but he's a much more lively personality on TV, and he's just easier to listen to. He doesn't spout off or try to sound like an expert. He also gets a bonus for doing his batter's box warm-up in studio, in a suit, on the first night the network was on TV.

Alanna Rizzo - 8.5/10. She is much more than a side-line reporter. She's more of White House Correspondent for the Dodgers. She asks great questions. She knows baseball so she doesn't ever sound like a bimbo who was fed questions from some sports-savvy producer. She just does a great job being the one on the field. I'm glad the Dodgers have her, a real steal for the network.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today, no games can be seen if Time Warner is not the carrier. Direct TV is out of the loop and I cancelled my MLB this morning. Also if you wanted to streem the games from MLB on the computer, it is out also. Example: if you lived in New Mexico and was a Cubs fan and had Direct TV, you would never see the Cubs play the Dodgers unless it was on ESPN or the MLB or Fox game of the week. You could not get the home Cubs feed because you live in New Mexico. I thought that I could see the Dodgers on the other teams home feed, nope (any Dodgers games). As a fan since 1958, I am cursing right now and I am pissed. The money is the gig and no one is going to pay Time Warner what they want for just Dodgers games.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, as a added punch to the throat, the gentleman I have been listening to since I was 6 years old for Dodgers game, Vin Scully, with the new Time Warner thing, I will never hear Vinny again on TV. I can catch him on radio if I am in Southern Cal but I am in Arizona. Time Warner just said Fuck You to Dodgers fans all over this country. I say Fuck You back, bitch!

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated JHair JR as a player, but I love him as an analyst, where as I really dislike Orel as an analyst, he's really boring and Alanna is hot, so yeah.