• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to start talking draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do not take Howard if a stud defensive player is there.
Sure, IF the stud defensive player is as good a player. The team now goes BPA. Not sure how long it is going to take you guys to figure that out and guess what, that's why we have had such good drafts. Ideal pick will be a pass rusher in the first (or the safety from OSU if he drops) and all else remaining equal I think they grab two in the first 3 rounds unless we dabble with one in FA, but it isn't happening unless the guys are ranked about the same.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about that stud Defensive player?

Because if you give me a choice between Howard, Charlton, Harris, Sutton Watts Im picking Howard

He wont fall that far IMHO but at 28 you pick the BPA on the board and choose for need only if they are ranked close. I am really hopeful we wont reach on some dopehead or 10cent brain player because he has fallen on character issues.

That has not worked out so far for Dallas

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because if you give me a choice between Howard, Charlton, Harris, Sutton Watts Im picking Howard

He wont fall that far IMHO but at 28 you pick the BPA on the board and choose for need only if they are ranked close. I am really hopeful we wont reach on some dopehead or 10cent brain player because he has fallen on character issues.

Not in the first. But, throw in injury issues and that's our second round MO...:thumb:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, IF the stud defensive player is as good a player. The team now goes BPA. Not sure how long it is going to take you guys to figure that out and guess what, that's why we have had such good drafts. Ideal pick will be a pass rusher in the first (or the safety from OSU if he drops) and all else remaining equal I think they grab two in the first 3 rounds unless we dabble with one in FA, but it isn't happening unless the guys are ranked about the same.
If we don't adress the defense, then we get the same defensive results we have had in forever.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those reaches and druggies are what the 2nd round is for, according to Jerry.

I trust Will, he will get the best guy there.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to think you pointed fingers at romotoowens

what an ass clown you remain and frankly, not worth a conversation neither

onward

I have thick skin; I forgive and forget.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thick skin; I forgive and forget.
10 years dude....I have nothing to prove. I've fielded for worse than I've delivered and besides, it remains in the posts, you know, the actual statements made. Truth hurts sometimes and it is what it is.

You, PE1, and dez's ball washer remain the definition of insanity. Now run along and get back to YOUR jarntt butt hurt feelings routine.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those reaches and druggies are what the 2nd round is for, according to Jerry.

I trust Will, he will get the best guy there.
Exactly right. If they take a WR, RT or TE, I will assume it will turn out like the last 5-6 guys they took in the first round, meaning a 10 year starter and Pro Bowler, and be happy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years dude....I have nothing to prove. I've fielded for worse than I've delivered and besides, it remains in the posts, you know, the actual statements made. Truth hurts sometimes and it is what it is.

You, PE1, and dez's ball washer remain the definition of insanity. Now run along and get back to YOUR jarntt butt hurt feelings routine.

That's funny pal. I'm not butt hurt one bit. I have dished out so much less than others but for some reason catch more shit. That's ok though. I'm a big boy. I'm here everyday for now anyway.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny pal. I'm not butt hurt one bit. I have dished out so much less than others but for some reason catch more shit. That's ok though. I'm a big boy. I'm here everyday for now anyway.
good for you...this place has always been about one's own entertainment value.
some pull for the laundry

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just time for me to say deuces to the Cowboy Hoop. I'm cool with that. Hate it that it comes to that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the shoe fits and the butt hurt is obvious...:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. If they take a WR, RT or TE, I will assume it will turn out like the last 5-6 guys they took in the first round, meaning a 10 year starter and Pro Bowler, and be happy
Exactly why I am fine with BPA. If you get a good player it doesn't really matter what position he plays. Only exceptions are QB and Center and to a lesser degree RB. There is only one ball. You can play two of most positions and on defense you can ALWAYS find a way to get the best players on the field.

Now obviously we need to upgrade the pass rush and replace any DBs we lose or upgrade there too. But Brown looked good and Scandrick will possibly be healthy next year and Lawrence should be better and maybe Irving finds some consistency. This team has earned the benefit of the doubt for the most part when it comes to drafting lately

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why I am fine with BPA. If you get a good player it doesn't really matter what position he plays. Only exceptions are QB and Center and to a lesser degree RB. There is only one ball. You can play two of most positions and on defense you can ALWAYS find a way to get the best players on the field.

Now obviously we need to upgrade the pass rush and replace any DBs we lose or upgrade there too. But Brown looked good and Scandrick will possibly be healthy next year and Lawrence should be better and maybe Irving finds some consistency. This team has earned the benefit of the doubt for the most part when it comes to drafting lately

Players in the draft to a degree are really just a commodity. Who really cares what position they play.
When the time comes to pick, you pick the most valuable commodity.

If you need a bedroom set and you are on a game show and the choice is a 6K bedroom set or a new 28k car ..

You don't pick the bedroom set.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to think you pointed fingers at romotoowens

what an ass clown you remain and frankly, not worth a conversation neither

onward
Your are the jerk on this board. I thought you quit. It was nice not having you here. But oh well you ain't a man of your word. Just an ass.