• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to retire Peyton

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference between Payton Manning and Tom Brady is highly exposed on the football field. When things go badly for their team, Peyton Manning's head drops and he gets a look of resignation on his face. Other teams see that and say, he's beating the shit out of himself, let's help. Brady on the other hand comes off the field screaming like a banshee and walks up and down the sideline encouraging people and kicking their asses. The opponents say, watch out, Brady's pissed.

When Manning walked off the field after that bad snap, he immediately went to his center and had a long conversation with him. Going off the field, Manning was looking at the turf.

Body language in the NFL sends a strong message and Manning was sending a message early that he was already beaten.

The Broncos won't be back like this again. They have no cap space and Decker's a free agent.

My money says that Peyton calls it quits.

Ken that is a wonderful and accurate assessment, great call.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and I know this goes against most logic but there is still killer trade value to a team on the edge, and that is all I am saying and I am not looking for some heated debate on it.

I'm not one that gets all warm and fuzzy all over when an aging star is nearing the end. I was in favor of trading Bird, Parish and McHale when it was clear they weren't winning any more NBA Championships. I don't think they should pack it in with Brady yet but he isn't getting younger.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you had no issues with that all season long. Sorry injuries are part of the game. Good teams win when all the pieces are in place great teams win under adverse conditions. The Pats got their asses handed to them by the Donks so for any person to shit talk about te Denver loss is classless and clueless.
if seattle suffered the injuries we had they would not have won the sb you can bank on that. san fran would have beat them. doesnt mean san fran is better it just means seattle was injured.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if seattle suffered the injuries we had they would not have won the sb you can bank on that. san fran would have beat them. doesnt mean san fran is better it just means seattle was injured.

IMO...the NFC was winning the SB no matter who rose to the top.

The Pats had more going against them than injuries and the Broncos are who we thought they were.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...the NFC was winning the SB no matter who rose to the top.

The Pats had more going against them than injuries and the Broncos are who we thought they were.
yea id throw healthy pats into the mix too though. but im just a homer! i think a healthy pats team is the team to beat going into every year. what they managed to do even with the injuries proves that. imagine they were healthy. we probably win at least one sb these past 3 seasons for sure.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea id throw healthy pats into the mix too though. but im just a homer! i think a healthy pats team is the team to beat going into every year. what they managed to do even with the injuries proves that. imagine they were healthy. we probably win at least one sb these past 3 seasons for sure.

I'm not counting the Pats out but healthy they still didn't have as complete a team as the Seahawks this year...IMO.

I hope they draft more football players that fit the Seahawks philosophy.

Pete Carroll: "If you can't run, you can't play for us."

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not counting the Pats out but healthy they still didn't have as complete a team as the Seahawks this year...IMO.

I hope they draft more football players that fit the Seahawks philosophy.

Pete Carroll: "If you can't run, you can't play for us."
i disagree krafty this team heading into the season besides hernandez was really good. many people thought the d was trash but they were playing at top 5 d in the league to start the season it was being proven. then the injuries hit. yes the d wasnt as good as seattle mainly due to the aggression level and playcalling but the were still very good. championship calibur quality and good enough if the offense didt get injured too. seattles offense seriously isnt that good, they would not have faired well against our d to start the season imo.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree krafty this team heading into the season besides hernandez was really good. many people thought the d was trash but they were playing at top 5 d in the league to start the season it was being proven. then the injuries hit. yes the d wasnt as good as seattle mainly due to the aggression level and playcalling but the were still very good. championship calibur quality and good enough if the offense didt get injured too. seattles offense seriously isnt that good, they would not have faired well against our d to start the season imo.

In all honesty briz, there were huge question marks on offense to start the season. Hernandez was in jail, Gronkowski missed the first six games, Amendola hurt his groin in the first game and Belichick chose to "turn over the WR group" in one year. IMO...the rookie WRs didn't finish their learning curve.

In the first two games they beat the Bills by two points and the Jets by three and they were both starting rookie QBs. They didn't look super to me.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty briz, there were huge question marks on offense to start the season. Hernandez was in jail, Gronkowski missed the first six games, Amendola hurt his groin in the first game and Belichick chose to "turn over the WR group" in one year. IMO...the rookie WRs didn't finish their learning curve.

In the first two games they beat the Bills by two points and the Jets by three and they were both starting rookie QBs. They didn't look super to me.
well i think we expected the O to not get it together until midseason when the new rookie wrs got some experience and gronk came back. then the wrs started getting hurt, vereen missed a crap load of time, gronk killed his knee hes so important for us we literally had no plays we could go to a te in the game. vollmer going down was huge, moved cannon outside to tackle and we had to play two scrub on the interior instead of one after. i realize no team is gunna go throw a season without some injuries but ours were absurd. they leterally crippled us. i dont think people realize how good this team was gunna be this year healthy.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think we expected the O to not get it together until midseason when the new rookie wrs got some experience and gronk came back. then the wrs started getting hurt, vereen missed a crap load of time, gronk killed his knee hes so important for us we literally had no plays we could go to a te in the game. vollmer going down was huge, moved cannon outside to tackle and we had to play two scrub on the interior instead of one after. i realize no team is gunna go throw a season without some injuries but ours were absurd. they leterally crippled us. i dont think people realize how good this team was gunna be this year healthy.

If they all come back healthy, get a quality safety, sign Talib or get another true starting corner, get more speed and pressure for the pass rush, add a weapon to the passing game and stay healthy I agree they should be the favorite to get back to the SB. They're not a finished product.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Vince ended our SB run early. That man is simply a force on the defensive side.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's recent playoff history isn't any better than Manning's. His stellar postseason winning percentage is getting worse every year.