• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to bring up Will Compton

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kehl out for the season, time to bring up Compton from the practice squad and get him some special teams/reserve reps. We are weak at ILB in any case, but Im not to sure there is anything on the FA market that would improve us in this area any more than Compton who should at least have a grasp on the defense at this point.

As far as a Long Snapper, Noe even sure where we go on that front. Would be nice if our actual center was capable of doing this duty so as not to burn a roster spot for a guy who should not see the field more than 20 plays game in any case.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kehl out for the season ....
As far as a Long Snapper ....

1h[/ame] Former Ram /Penn State linebacker Josh Hull worked out with the Redskins, hes expected to be at practice this week now that Kehl is injured.

[URL="[MEDIA=twitter]389899219282452480[/MEDIA]"]53m[/ame]
Josh Hull was one of 18 players WAS worked out at the bye. [URL="https://twitter.com/NBCdianna"]@NBCdianna
reports he's expected to sign.

As for long snapper ... when Sunberg broke his arm last season they brought in Justin Snow who did a good job. As far as I know he is not on any teams roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah well, would rather see Compton get a shot.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to see Compton get signed again too. I am sure all signings were with ST in mind. Do you think the team holds on to Thompson? Rambo is deep in the doghouse too.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rambo was rushed way too soon. He was a 6th round pick for a reason. He couldn't tackle. He really should have been on the practice squad. My guess is the realize this now and don't want to mentally damage him beyond repair so they have backed off him. Same thing with Thompson. Neither was ready for the big stage, but most rookies aren't.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rambo was rushed way too soon. He was a 6th round pick for a reason. He couldn't tackle. He really should have been on the practice squad. My guess is the realize this now and don't want to mentally damage him beyond repair so they have backed off him. Same thing with Thompson. Neither was ready for the big stage, but most rookies aren't.

You may be right to a degree. Look around the league at some other rookies past and present. It seems other teams find a way to get their rookies ready to play albeit, most are hyped enough before the season. Nothing really on Rambo so realistically, maybe he was a middle round guy who fell because of "issues" with his past. Just seems like we can't develop guys into starters in the NFL with this staff.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say that Rambo can't be an NFL starter with the Skins. He does some things very well. Tackling is a learned skill so he can overcome this deficiency with practice. The problem is that with the new CBA, they really limit the amount of contact in practice. The only way to practice tackling is to.......tackle. Practicing on a tackling dummy doesn't prepare you to take down an NFL running back in the open field.

It is pretty amazing that the guy can get all the way to an NFL roster and not know how to tackle......

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say that Rambo can't be an NFL starter with the Skins. He does some things very well. Tackling is a learned skill so he can overcome this deficiency with practice. The problem is that with the new CBA, they really limit the amount of contact in practice. The only way to practice tackling is to.......tackle. Practicing on a tackling dummy doesn't prepare you to take down an NFL running back in the open field.

It is pretty amazing that the guy can get all the way to an NFL roster and not know how to tackle......

It doesnt really shock me J_Y. Especially if its a DB with really good coverage skills. At some point people start to not test you. Case in point Champ Bailey. He has never been a reat tackler. But his coverage skills are so good that more often than not teams dont throw at him. And if he is in a position to make a tackle of a RB, he usually has some kind of help. Deion Sanders was a horrid tackler, but again his other skills covered that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt really shock me J_Y. Especially if its a DB with really good coverage skills. At some point people start to not test you. Case in point Champ Bailey. He has never been a reat tackler. But his coverage skills are so good that more often than not teams dont throw at him. And if he is in a position to make a tackle of a RB, he usually has some kind of help. Deion Sanders was a horrid tackler, but again his other skills covered that.

Look no further than D. Hall from the Redskins. For years his tackling was bad, but he made up for it in other areas especially as a playmaker. However - this season he really has made some pretty good plays in the tackling area.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look no further than D. Hall from ... he really has made some pretty good plays in the tackling area.

dhallhit.gif

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good clip. That one should be used as a tutorial for young defensive players. He makes a great tackle but does not use his head & therefore reduces the risk of concussion, etc. Outstanding.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have liked to see compton moved up but it is what it is