• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for players and coaches to start owning up

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have contracts to sign and a draft to think about. If we need a SS then we better know he's going to show up before camp instead of trying to throw together a replacement. That's just my thought on it. And based on his posturing through the whole thing I doubt much has changed. If he thinks that just getting released is in his best interest then he'll hold out. He could hold out, get released, sign another front heavy deal, and get paid on a signing bonus. Then maybe pull the stunt again in 3 years. I don't mind a guy maximizing his earnings in such a violent sport but it's all business to him at this point.

If it's all business for Kam, then he needs to realize he way under preformed his contract and won't get what he's looking for on the market. If he's smart he should take the off season seriously, get back into form and prepare for the 2016 season. If he shows his old form, there could be a chance the FO will cash in after the '16 season. I just don't see him holding out this year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think that the management and Kam don't talk Husk?

Because YOU wouldn't talk to him if you were running the ship?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's all business for Kam, then he needs to realize he way under preformed his contract and won't get what he's looking for on the market. If he's smart he should take the off season seriously, get back into form and prepare for the 2016 season. If he shows his old form, there could be a chance the FO will cash in after the '16 season. I just don't see him holding out this year.

I'm not bashing the guy. I'm not happy with what he did but he's in the hurt business and I understand a guy has to cash in when he can. But the FO is in "the show must go on" business. They really need to get this crap worked out before the draft because the team can't handle the drama. It was a HUGE distraction to open the season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, why do you assume that it hasn't been 'worked out' already?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bashing the guy. I'm not happy with what he did but he's in the hurt business and I understand a guy has to cash in when he can. But the FO is in "the show must go on" business. They really need to get this crap worked out before the draft because the team can't handle the drama. It was a HUGE distraction to open the season.

My problem with Kam was he was trying to cash in at the wrong time. If he had a year left (maybe 2) is one thing but he was year 1 into his contract and to me that is a no no. The team gave him top dollar at his position and he got greedy (IMO). His hold out screwed himself over and that's on him. I don't see it a problem since he under performed and doesn't have a leg to stand on.