• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim & Hector

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would not carry 3 catchers except to have a personal catcher for Timmeh. Therefore the choices are...

1) Have Timmeh in the pen as a mop-up and carry 2 catchers (Posey and Susac)

Or

2) Have Timmeh in the rotation, carrying 3 catchers.

Of course, this assumes Susac is on the team, regardless, which is a large assumption. I think he has shown that he belongs.

Gotcha...the assumption is that if Timmy is a starter, we have to keep 3 catchers.

I disagree with the assumption, but I get it now.

:dunce:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha...the assumption is that if Timmy is a starter, we have to keep 3 catchers.

I disagree with the assumption, but I get it now.

:dunce:

Exactly, it's many layers of complexity...

Bring him back to start? With or without Hector? If with, keep Susac too? Bring him back to long relief (and step in if someone gets injured)? Is he ok with that? DFA him?

All of these are possible. Maybe not the last one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do t see DFA as an option. He has a good attitude and he has done a lot for org. Rowand and Cabrera were DFA'd because they were cancers.

I would guess that he will enter ST in the mix for the #5 spot, and will likely win it out of camp. Further, I think Hacktor and Susac will battle it out, likely with Hacktor getting traded. I just don't see Susac ever getting significant time on the AAA roster ever again. He is a big-leaguer.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it's many layers of complexity...

Bring him back to start? With or without Hector? If with, keep Susac too? Bring him back to long relief (and step in if someone gets injured)? Is he ok with that? DFA him?

All of these are possible. Maybe not the last one.

Definitely not the last one. Although, they ate a bunch of Rowand salary...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do t see DFA as an option. He has a good attitude and he has done a lot for org. Rowand and Cabrera were DFA'd because they were cancers.

I would guess that he will enter ST in the mix for the #5 spot, and will likely win it out of camp. Further, I think Hacktor and Susac will battle it out, likely with Hacktor getting traded. I just don't see Susac ever getting significant time on the AAA roster ever again. He is a big-leaguer.

:nod::nod:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox need a starter and about 3 relievers and they will be spending money next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see them pick up Romo, and maybe Vogelsong...

Need a catcher too although the one they have is better than Hector.