• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tied with indy and tn ...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... for 10th in the league in sacks? Shouldnt we have a better pass rush?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass rush isn't that bad, teams are really throwing it short to get the ball out quickly to avoid sacks. I think that's been a big factor as to why we've forced so many 3 and outs. Shoot, in the Raiders game Carr threw the ball to an offensive lineman to avoid taking a sack.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware has been very quiet in the last 3 games. Basically a no show. 1 sack and 6 tackles in the last 3 games. I expect big plays from him every game. Didn't register a sack or tackle vs S.D. I believe he gets it going again in St. Louis. Just saying.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware has been very quiet in the last 3 games. Basically a no show. 1 sack and 6 tackles in the last 3 games. I expect big plays from him every game. Didn't register a sack or tackle vs S.D. I believe he gets it going again in St. Louis. Just saying.

But Malibu..He`s put alot of pressure on and has also made some nice tackles for losses also. It`s not always about the sacks and as posted above, teams know they need to get ball out quick. Under circumstances I think 10th is very respectable IMO of course

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Raider game...no sacks but before that last drive Carr was averaging 2 yards per attempt. That means every pass was leaving his hand as fast as possible. Throw in the plays that really were sacks but dumb luck I guess for the raiders that it wasn't such as Him throwing to an OL player rather than taking a sack.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sack numbers got me wondering about TO numbers. We are currently at +4, with 10 INT and 2 Fumble Takeaways. The team with the most INTs is Arizona, with 14, and the team with the most Fumble Takeaways is Houston, with 11. We're doing pretty well with INTs, but it seems to me we need to start doing more to cause fumbles. Either punch it or rip it out. It seems like teams are trying to do that to us, but I don't see us trying to do the same on a regular basis.

Winning the TO battle is tantamount to winning games. Case in point, the top 4 teams in TO margin are: NE, ARI, GB, and CLE. All four of those teams are playoff bound, with three of them leading their divisions. At +4 we're doing OK, but we can do better. We have good enough personnel on defense, and a good enough offense, that we can take a few more chances.

It's time to start blowing teams out, stepping on their throats, and dominating on BOTH sides of the ball.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sack numbers got me wondering about TO numbers. We are currently at +4, with 10 INT and 2 Fumble Takeaways. The team with the most INTs is Arizona, with 14, and the team with the most Fumble Takeaways is Houston, with 11. We're doing pretty well with INTs, but it seems to me we need to start doing more to cause fumbles. Either punch it or rip it out. It seems like teams are trying to do that to us, but I don't see us trying to do the same on a regular basis.

Winning the TO battle is tantamount to winning games. Case in point, the top 4 teams in TO margin are: NE, ARI, GB, and CLE. All four of those teams are playoff bound, with three of them leading their divisions. At +4 we're doing OK, but we can do better. We have good enough personnel on defense, and a good enough offense, that we can take a few more chances.

It's time to start blowing teams out, stepping on their throats, and dominating on BOTH sides of the ball.

Interesting facts, Hutch.

Guess I just want more evidence that our defense is up to the task at hand. As others have mentioned, sacks aren't an all-tell stat, since pressures and how quickly opposing QBs get rid of the ball also matter. Just feel like we have more talent on our defense than the on filed performance suggests. That troubles me, since I think we need to see quite a bit more from our defense -- particularly the pass rush -- in order to what I hope are team does.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting facts, Hutch.

Guess I just want more evidence that our defense is up to the task at hand. As others have mentioned, sacks aren't an all-tell stat, since pressures and how quickly opposing QBs get rid of the ball also matter. Just feel like we have more talent on our defense than the on filed performance suggests. That troubles me, since I think we need to see quite a bit more from our defense -- particularly the pass rush -- in order to what I hope are team does.

Dead on. Im sorry but 6 tackles and 0 sacks and I understand sacks arent everything but I still expect more from Ware then that in the last 3 games isnt good enough. 0 tackles and 0 sacks vs the Chargers isnt good. Like I said above I expect Ware to pick it up. Just saying.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead on. Im sorry but 6 tackles and 0 sacks and I understand sacks arent everything but I still expect more from Ware then that in the last 3 games isnt good enough. 0 tackles and 0 sacks vs the Chargers isnt good. Like I said above I expect Ware to pick it up. Just saying.

Sack leaders 1-10 and Notable SB contenders

1- Bills 11- Colts
2- Eagles 14- Pats
3- Vikes 15- Pack
4- Dolphins 18- Steelers
5- Jags 26- 49ers
6- Chiefs 29- Bengals
7- Jets 30- Seattle
8- Lions
9- Ravens

Just sayin :suds:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sack leaders 1-10 and Notable SB contenders

1- Bills 11- Colts
2- Eagles 14- Pats
3- Vikes 15- Pack
4- Dolphins 18- Steelers
5- Jags 26- 49ers
6- Chiefs 29- Bengals
7- Jets 30- Seattle
8- Lions
9- Ravens

Just sayin :suds:

I agree with you but the Broncos have Miller and Ware. Those teams don't. I do expect the sacks to pick up. Can you honestly say that you didn't think the Broncos would be better in the sack department at this time this year? Of course I talk about Ware's tackles in games as well and that gets avoided. I agree sacks aren't everything but it isnt wrong to say I expected more sacks and I know most Broncos fans here do as well. Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants in the Super Bowl vs the Patriots(both times)sacks and pressure with there front 4 really gave them a shot in that game vs the Patriots who I believe the Broncos will see again. Just hoping it isn't in New England because they will have to get to Brady or the same results will happen that did a few weeks ago. Just saying.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep playing like the did today and the Broncos will have to worry about getting into the playoffs, forget the home field.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants in the Super Bowl vs the Patriots(both times)sacks and pressure with there front 4 really gave them a shot in that game vs the Patriots who I believe the Broncos will see again. Just hoping it isn't in New England because they will have to get to Brady or the same results will happen that did a few weeks ago. Just saying.
I hope it's in ~frosty~ Foxboro,.....that's leaves the pats with a one-game ~cushion~[as I type],........I expect the pats to lose one more either @sd....or @gb.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's in ~frosty~ Foxboro,.....that's leaves the pats with a one-game ~cushion~[as I type],........I expect the pats to lose one more either @sd....or @gb.

I'd say Green Bay if anywhere. Weather's usually pretty good in San Diego...

And yes i count weather as a factor...