• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tie Games...

IF there is a change to OT, what would you recommend?

• Keep playing until a quarter ends with someone ahead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sudden Death after first OT.

• Red Zone for both teams, no FGs or PATs, just 6, until one team scores and the other doesn't.

• Red Zone for both teams, have to go for two, alternate until one team scores and the other doesn't.

• Kickers start from the 30, alternate kicks going farther away until one makes and other misses

• Other (Post in Comments)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate tie games in ANY sport. There's no place for them, in my opinion.

I understand that a football team can't play six quarters if the first OT doesn't produce points. I know soccer teams can't play four periods (unless it's a tournament).

I know of the injury risks and how it's normally meaningless in the standings, but sometimes, it affects seeding, SOS in draft ties, etc.

That brought me to, what would you suggest doing IF the NFL did decide that there would be no more tie games?

If you believe tie games are fine, please feel free to comment, I'm just not adding that as an option because the poll is under that condition that if there IS a change. I also didn't include options like coin flips or tie goes to home team (or away team for that matter), etc. Those don't have football elements.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the post-season OT rules.

D'Oh.

So rather than deleting the thread and just asking if regular season games should have the same rules, I just added it as an option.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, looking forward to seeing the results on July 16, 2025 (I wanted to see how late a poll could close).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a tie than some stupid little non-sport to decide the winner like a damn shootout.