• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then, wooooo, Smith still might catch a hook!

I'm a worrier, so I was like... uh oh Vick's a bigger fish.

Smith might also be the better deal in the UFA market as well. Vick has been beat to shit this year and comes into next season at 33 years old.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn''t as high on him as most (I liked him), but I definitely didn't like him as a 3-4 guy. I think he'd be a liability in a 3-4.

Everson Griffin, on the other hand, was a guy I thought would make a good 3-4 guy, but he went to a 4-3 as well. (Bingo too)

His teammante Brian Robison was a guy I wanted for the 3-4 as well. That was a few years prior if I remember correctly.

Ah memories...

You might be right on Graham. At the time that's what i thought, though. On the other hand i liked Griffin as a 4-3 DE as well as Greg Hardy. I thought it was ridiculous how low Hardy went in the first place.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith might also be the better deal in the UFA market as well. Vick has been beat to shit this year and comes into next season at 33 years old.

Man, these guys that want to paint you as entirely biased against Smith probably skip all these type of posts from you. They'd assume you'd say that Smith was the last UFA in the world to ever get a workout. What are you going to do? You can't help those who don't want to be helped, right?

I'm sure some may see this as sucking up to you, but we've had our arguments plenty and probably will again at some point one day. So I don't feel the need to do that. I just think that lately people's feelings about Smith have turned personal to the point of attacking the messenger. Just wanted to say the messenger also brings semi-positive things about Smith, even if at the expense of Vick and his age/durability.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, these guys that want to paint you as entirely biased against Smith probably skip all these type of posts from you. They'd assume you'd say that Smith was the last UFA in the world to ever get a workout. What are you going to do? You can't help those who don't want to be helped, right?

I'm sure some may see this as sucking up to you, but we've had our arguments plenty and probably will again at some point one day. So I don't feel the need to do that. I just think that lately people's feelings about Smith have turned personal to the point of attacking the messenger. Just wanted to say the messenger also brings semi-positive things about Smith, even if at the expense of Vick and his age/durability.

You're right. Those that paint me as entirely biased against Smith are just categorically incorrect. There are plenty of QB's that I would take Alex over - and right now Vick is one of them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles look absolutely terrible. The Bengals Defense and ST's have both started off great, though.

This year's Thursday Night games have been generally boring.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's Thursday Night games have been generally boring.

When proposing the idea, I bet they looked at the success of the limited Thursday Night Football games, the ones selectively picked, and said look at the potential. I know it was a money grab, but they had to present it to somebody, right? They also got annoyed with legitimate complaints by the few that had to do it, and rather than saying yes, you're right, it's unfair and discontinue it, they said, it's unfair, so let's make everyone do it. The fact is, not every team is going to be ever exciting to watch and then factor in that they have to play each other, oh boy. I assume they could make it much better by matchups while still using every team, but I still wouldn't like it. It either hurts us with a short week (yes other team, too) or someone coming off a TNF game has more time off before playing us.

We've talked here about scheduling games around the bye for each team, but I'd rather just keep the Thanksgiving games (not us) and maybe one season opener (not us). The London game, if they need to keep it, too perhaps (wish it would not be us). And it would have to be after a bye because no one should have a short week and overseas travel - but then again I think no one should have overseas travels at all. If anything Kraft, who said there should/could be a London team, should be made the permanent London traveler with Jacksonville - a team apparently no one wants.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When proposing the idea, I bet they looked at the success of the limited Thursday Night Football games, the ones selectively picked, and said look at the potential. I know it was a money grab, but they had to present it to somebody, right? They also got annoyed with legitimate complaints by the few that had to do it, and rather than saying yes, you're right, it's unfair and discontinue it, they said, it's unfair, so let's make everyone do it. The fact is, not every team is going to be ever exciting to watch and then factor in that they have to play each other, oh boy. I assume they could make it much better by matchups while still using every team, but I still wouldn't like it. It either hurts us with a short week (yes other team, too) or someone coming off a TNF game has more time off before playing us.

We've talked here about scheduling games around the bye for each team, but I'd rather just keep the Thanksgiving games (not us) and maybe one season opener (not us). The London game, if they need to keep it, too perhaps (wish it would not be us). And it would have to be after a bye because no one should have a short week and overseas travel - but then again I think no one should have overseas travels at all. If anything Kraft, who said there should/could be a London team, should be made the permanent London traveler with Jacksonville - a team apparently no one wants.

Ha ha! I love the "not us" part. But last night's game held zero interest to me. I love football but could hardly watch last night. I think I made it through the first quarter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! I love the "not us" part. But last night's game held zero interest to me. I love football but could hardly watch last night. I think I made it through the first quarter.

To be fair, the Bengals are in the playoff hunt and the schedulers couldn't have known (but could have guessed) that Philadelphia would be this bad. This was supposed to be a bounce back year for Andy Reid. They had seemed to be due to get rid of their bad luck/play. But then this year happened. But no, I didn't like the game either or Thursday Night Games in general.