• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Todd Haley?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, at least Haley tried to avoid the line problems with quick outs, designed roll-outs and end-around type plays...even the line couldn't protect in those situations.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley needs canned .. He took a good offense and destroyed it.. and it was supposed to protect Ben . Hell Ben has been on his back more than ever since Haley took over

:agree:ask me why i'm SO glad he no longer coaches the Chiefs...

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played better & lost worse.

Not good. Fire Fire FIRE!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley certainly sucks, along with the line, the skill positions are absolutely horrendous right now. No Heath, losing Wallace, and no RB's is not helping anything.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have an issue with Haley being fired, Tomlin on the other hand what a stupid idea. This team is void of talent on offense and I wonder after this season if they shouldn't let go some of the higher price defense to free up room to get any semblance of an O-line, 2nd receiver and RB if Bell doesn't work out.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have an issue with Haley being fired, Tomlin on the other hand what a stupid idea. This team is void of talent on offense and I wonder after this season if they shouldn't let go some of the higher price defense to free up room to get any semblance of an O-line, 2nd receiver and RB if Bell doesn't work out.

Do you mean not firing Tomlin? I wouldn't either.

I would be interested to see who has final say on roster/draft decisions. It doesn't strike me as likely that Colbert would keep on missing in the draft, and construct a roster that is completely inadequate on the margins, seriously David Paulsen is the best you can do? Ike Redman and Jon Dwyer?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerome Bettis was on Sportscenter this morning and said that while Haley doesn't need to be fired, he needs to blow up the current scheme.

The Oline and RB's are just not there to run what he wants to do, and therefore they should put the ball in Big Ben's hands more.

As Jerome put it, "I would live and die with Big Ben".

Haley being fired will come down to how he responds.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean not firing Tomlin? I wouldn't either.

I would be interested to see who has final say on roster/draft decisions. It doesn't strike me as likely that Colbert would keep on missing in the draft, and construct a roster that is completely inadequate on the margins, seriously David Paulsen is the best you can do? Ike Redman and Jon Dwyer?

Correct, I have no issue with Haley going but Tomlin wouldn't be a good idea.

Yeah that is interesting between Tomlin and Colbert (and scouting dept) who has the most pull on picks because they haven't been good recently from top to bottom.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerome Bettis was on Sportscenter this morning and said that while Haley doesn't need to be fired, he needs to blow up the current scheme.

The Oline and RB's are just not there to run what he wants to do, and therefore they should put the ball in Big Ben's hands more.

As Jerome put it, "I would live and die with Big Ben".

Haley being fired will come down to how he responds.

He is correct you have to let him play to his strengths and seems like that isn't happening. One glaring one for me was last night on the one 3rd and 1 they did the guard pull with a handoff to Redman that didn't get the first. Third and short when you best player is your QB you can't take him out of the play like that especially when Redman is your top RB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is correct you have to let him play to his strengths and seems like that isn't happening. One glaring one for me was last night on the one 3rd and 1 they did the guard pull with a handoff to Redman that didn't get the first. Third and short when you best player is your QB you can't take him out of the play like that especially when Redman is your top RB.

There's enough early blame to cover everybody over there to some degree so Haley should be in the crosshairs too...that said, the OFC itself is not the problem...imo they don't have enough playmakers on OFC with Heath out, Bell on the mend...even then I'm not sure that's enough.

Brown is really a #2 WR, Sanders is trying to prove he should be a #2 (so far he still looks like a #3), Cotchery is steady but no way should he be getting 8 or 9 targets a game.

The running game was not going to improve with Dwyer or Redman...both are simply too slow hitting the hole when you don't have grade A studs upfront...F. Jones looked much quicker to the hole...if Bell is on that level also, maybe we'll see the running game improve.

One thing I don't like about this OFC that I didn't like under Arians...shotgun formation on 3 & 2 or less. I'd like to see the FB/RB and 2 TEs and run some playaction off that on short yardage.

Until I see the whole picture on display, I can't really make a call on Haley yet.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a problem with the over thinking of running a play there.

If you are going to spread them out, Jones should have been on the field, he gets to the hole quick, and is a threat to catch a pass.

If you are going run a traditional 3rd and 1 play, put a fullback in, maybe Beachem at TE, and run Redman.

It makes no sense to go shotgun with a delayed hand off to Redman on third and one, it screams out thinking yourself.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's enough early blame to cover everybody over there to some degree so Haley should be in the crosshairs too...that said, the OFC itself is not the problem...imo they don't have enough playmakers on OFC with Heath out, Bell on the mend...even then I'm not sure that's enough.

Brown is really a #2 WR, Sanders is trying to prove he should be a #2 (so far he still looks like a #3), Cotchery is steady but no way should he be getting 8 or 9 targets a game.

The running game was not going to improve with Dwyer or Redman...both are simply too slow hitting the hole when you don't have grade A studs upfront...F. Jones looked much quicker to the hole...if Bell is on that level also, maybe we'll see the running game improve.

One thing I don't like about this OFC that I didn't like under Arians...shotgun formation on 3 & 2 or less. I'd like to see the FB/RB and 2 TEs and run some playaction off that on short yardage.

Until I see the whole picture on display, I can't really make a call on Haley yet.

Even with Bell and Heath the playmakers aren't even above average.

Crazy Cotchery had that many targets.

Even

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, why not try your luck with Michael Turner? He wouldn't be much help but I would rather have him than Dwyer or Redman. Time to gamble a bit until Bell and Heath get back.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is my issue with Redman on the field for any short yardage.

I don't disagree with the last statement I actually kind of agree my issue is that this offense so far doesn't look like they have any game plan, if kind of reminds me of playing a pick up game you say hike and the guys run around with the hope a guy gets open. I know that is a bad analogy but thats what it reminds me of or Ben is drawing up the plays in the dirt while in the huddle.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a problem with the over thinking of running a play there.

If you are going to spread them out, Jones should have been on the field, he gets to the hole quick, and is a threat to catch a pass.

If you are going run a traditional 3rd and 1 play, put a fullback in, maybe Beachem at TE, and run Redman.

It makes no sense to go shotgun with a delayed hand off to Redman on third and one, it screams out thinking yourself.

I agree. My whole issue is the fact that Redman was on the field I guess and with Ben being your best player taking the ball out of his hands with the hope Redman can hit a hole seems to me like poor play calling by Haley when faster runners are on the sideline or not having enough blockers in front of him.

Another bad play is that one horrible end around to Sanders. I am hoping it was a blown assignment and not by design when Gilbert didn't even try to block the end and went for the inside guy. I am thinking it was Dunlap what was left untouched? Anyway as soon as Sanders got the ball he had no room because Dunlap was right there. If that was designed for Gilbert to block in then they need a TE on that side if not that is a waste of a play in the play book.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Bell and Heath the playmakers aren't even above average.

Crazy Cotchery had that many targets.

Even

Brown, Miller, Bell/Jones,Sanders,Cotchery...if Wheaton can't contribute I can't really disagree with you when it comes to playoff teams...that group is not going to keep many DCs up at night...but...you would have 2 pro bowl caliber players so I think that would be better than avg.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. My whole issue is the fact that Redman was on the field I guess and with Ben being your best player taking the ball out of his hands with the hope Redman can hit a hole seems to me like poor play calling by Haley when faster runners are on the sideline or not having enough blockers in front of him.

Another bad play is that one horrible end around to Sanders. I am hoping it was a blown assignment and not by design when Gilbert didn't even try to block the end and went for the inside guy. I am thinking it was Dunlap what was left untouched? Anyway as soon as Sanders got the ball he had no room because Dunlap was right there. If that was designed for Gilbert to block in then they need a TE on that side if not that is a waste of a play in the play book.

You've uncovered some good ones, but imo the worst play call was the reverse to Cotchery...arguably the slowest WR on the 53.