• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Todd Haley?

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that his offense gets rbs and TEs involved in the pass game and has Ben getting the ball out quicker, but, like Arians, he can become too predictable. He had an explosive offense in AZ, hopefully in the second yr ours will as well.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this season will determine if i like him or not .. im willing to give him a small pass for last year .. new offense for the team all

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this season will determine if i like him or not .. im willing to give him a small pass for last year .. new offense for the team all

Hopefully sacks will go down too. We need Ben healthy and he isnt getting any younger. Max Starks anyone?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Starks is in Atlanta and can stay there!!!!

A lot of what Haley brings to the table is good for our O.... Ben and the gang need to go with it and let it work. Big problems last year was Haley was taking the long ball out of the play book which made Cry Baby wallace mad, then it was just a snow ball effect... IMO. I think it will look much better this year, AS LONG AS THE OFFENCE ACCEPTS IT!!!!

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Miller can get back soon. He has the best hands on the team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everyone here... As long as the offense accepts it, and allows it to work, then it should be clicking on all cylinders! But nothing is more critical to this O than the O-line doing it's job. On another note, one thing that a recently published story dabbled on was the fact that last year Haley didn't allow Ben to run the offense (no huddle especially). In crunch time situations Haley should let Ben do his thing more, like Arians used to do. Ben is up there with "the best of the best" when it comes to driving an offense. Haley & Ben have talked about feeling more comfortable together, and finding better common ground, so hopefully we will see them mesh better.

Also, like Psych said, I would like to see the long ball mixed in more often to keep the defenses on their heels. That's what made Haley's offense so dynamic in AZ, it was that he let Warner heave the ball all over the field. But let us not forget that there is a lot of pressure from the FO to return to the run game! Whatever the case, it's a make-or-break year for Haley since he still has a lot to prove.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everyone here... As long as the offense accepts it, and allows it to work, then it should be clicking on all cylinders! But nothing is more critical to this O than the O-line doing it's job. On another note, one thing that a recently published story dabbled on was the fact that last year Haley didn't allow Ben to run the offense (no huddle especially). In crunch time situations Haley should let Ben do his thing more, like Arians used to do. Ben is up there with "the best of the best" when it comes to driving an offense. Haley & Ben have talked about feeling more comfortable together, and finding better common ground, so hopefully we will see them mesh better.

Also, like Psych said, I would like to see the long ball mixed in more often to keep the defenses on their heels. That's what made Haley's offense so dynamic in AZ, it was that he let Warner heave the ball all over the field. But let us not forget that there is a lot of pressure from the FO to return to the run game! Whatever the case, it's a make-or-break year for Haley since he still has a lot to prove.

Ben's best season statistically was 2007-08. No huddle plus his playcalling. Dont see why he cant do it more often, but I expect Haley will give in if he wants to win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the indentity?

Last year I was never able to determine what the team wanted to be on OFC...yea, I understand Haley wants the short passing attack to be in play and he has 2 very good RAC WRs in Brown and Sanders.

Like FaCe said already...the OL play will determine a lot...if these guys get it together, Bell/Redman/LSH/Jones look as if they can make teams respect the running game again. At the end of the day...if they can run the ball in RZ, and short yardage situations, the OFC will be fine....if they cannot...they will be kicking FGs again and depending on the D to keep them in games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Starks is in Atlanta and can stay there!!!!

A lot of what Haley brings to the table is good for our O.... Ben and the gang need to go with it and let it work. Big problems last year was Haley was taking the long ball out of the play book which made Cry Baby wallace mad, then it was just a snow ball effect... IMO. I think it will look much better this year, AS LONG AS THE OFFENCE ACCEPTS IT!!!!

I hadn't read that yet but Man!...Gilbert, and Adams hope you don't regret those words later. Clearly they wanted to go young, and for the most part I agree with it...you drafted these guys high to play them, but Starks played some pretty good @ LT last year. Good pickup for ATL actually.

I do agree they will look better, they almost have to.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't read that yet but Man!...Gilbert, and Adams hope you don't regret those words later. Clearly they wanted to go young, and for the most part I agree with it...you drafted these guys high to play them, but Starks played some pretty good @ LT last year. Good pickup for ATL actually.

I do agree they will look better, they almost have to.

My mistake.... he was signed by the Chargers and they released him last week!!! Sorry about the mix up!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have Starks than Guy Whimper... And I'm sure EVERYONE here would... Just sayin'

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's trash, as evidenced by today's "game plan"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked when you guys hired this clown after the KC debacle. Big Ben will see him fired.

Or, you can do like the Titans tend to do and stubbornly stick to what makes you lose.

Fire Todd Haley today.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have Starks than Guy Whimper... And I'm sure EVERYONE here would... Just sayin'

After today.... I dont think Starks would hurt this unit at all!!!!

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire everyone. why wait till the end of this season unless we want a super high draft pick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire everyone. why wait till the end of this season unless we want a super high draft pick.

Jesus, it's not time to pull the plug yet. Everyone needs to chill out. This team still boasts one of the best defensive units in the league. If the offense can shoulder some of the load, then the defense wont have to be on the field for 75% of the game.

But Haley's offense couldn't materialize today due to poor O-line play. This is a young line, one that will take some time to make progress as a unit. I think too many people had too high of expectations for such a young group.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a realist. just call it like i see it. this is the first year in a long time that i have seen 4 winless preseason games as well as a home opener loss to a percieved "weak" team after coming off a .500 season & really just dont feel like we can win anything but a coin toss. you'll have to pardon my negativity, but no professional team shoupd be 1 or 2 injuries away from a losing season. this is on the coaches & management.. they have allowed the team to deteriorate to this point.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a realist. just call it like i see it. this is the first year in a long time that i have seen 4 winless preseason games as well as a home opener loss to a percieved "weak" team after coming off a .500 season & really just dont feel like we can win anything but a coin toss. you'll have to pardon my negativity, but no professional team shoupd be 1 or 2 injuries away from a losing season. this is on the coaches & management.. they have allowed the team to deteriorate to this point.

I agree, coaches and management need answers. They thought they had them, so now its time to prove it. But I'm not ready to jump ship quite yet. Another case of the realist vs. the optimist. :suds:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan seems like a huge hot head. But willing to give it more time and from all honesty it seems like Ben hates his offense. So I see him gone by years end.

With that said when you don't have a running game, no offensive line and a bad case of dropped passes nothing will ever go right.

But if they do tank it this year and get a top pick would it be nice to Jadeveon Clowney in a Steeler uni...