• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Todd Haley?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've uncovered some good ones, but imo the worst play call was the reverse to Cotchery...arguably the slowest WR on the 53.

Thanks that is the one I am thinking of and not Sanders.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, Im not liking Haley, didnt like him last year either. I think Dwyer, yes Dwyer needs a shot.

WHEN he played, he produced, period.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, Im not liking Haley, didnt like him last year either. I think Dwyer, yes Dwyer needs a shot.

WHEN he played, he produced, period.

I'm an ATL guy...really was liking the draft pick, but Dwyer has a lot of issues...Tomlin wanted to see this guy make it, and when he thinks his back is to the wall you get his best, but he just doesn't bring it every week.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Bell are practicing, hopefully they can play Sunday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my issue with Redman on the field for any short yardage.

I don't disagree with the last statement I actually kind of agree my issue is that this offense so far doesn't look like they have any game plan, if kind of reminds me of playing a pick up game you say hike and the guys run around with the hope a guy gets open. I know that is a bad analogy but thats what it reminds me of or Ben is drawing up the plays in the dirt while in the huddle.

Now that would be downright scary!

I do get your point though...I think they abandoned the run game a little early in the CIN game and put the game on Ben's arm and he wasn't up to the task. Miller meant so much to the OFC that I have to think him getting back on the field will help...in short, I'm very concerned about the OFC, but not ready to panic just yet.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny-steelers-pictures.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake.... he was signed by the Chargers and they released him last week!!! Sorry about the mix up!!!

The Rams just cut Max Starks this week..... so again will we resign him?????

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a little better guy I think...Steelers traded for Levi Brown of the Cardinals.

Yea, ummmmm I havent heard a lot of good things about this guy.... but at this point :wtf2: have we got to lose!!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Adams the problem child from college that Tomlin and the gang had a big sit down with before they drafted him???? And if so, why are we hanging on to him??? I mean this year is pretty much a wash so maybe putting out the trash is a solid start.... starting with a major evaluation of the coaching staff and the GM..... IMO

I mean WTF lets take the bad and get some good out of it.... go back to old school here and trade off some of these vets and get some fresh blood.... what could it hurt!!!!

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Adams needs to go. He is absolute garbage.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Adams the problem child from college that Tomlin and the gang had a big sit down with before they drafted him???? And if so, why are we hanging on to him??? I mean this year is pretty much a wash so maybe putting out the trash is a solid start.... starting with a major evaluation of the coaching staff and the GM..... IMO

I mean WTF lets take the bad and get some good out of it.... go back to old school here and trade off some of these vets and get some fresh blood.... what could it hurt!!!!

Yep...that's him. My only problem here is 2nd round picks with less than 10 starts...it hasn't been pretty early, but Idk if they make this move if they were 2-2 vs 0-4....kind of like saying Adams is the reason they're 0-4.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they just view adams as the weakest link

Yes, but I think he had his worst game at the worst time of the year...Ben had to complain about him after the MIN game, but he hadn't played that badly prior to that game.

Just strange they would hand the keys to him in camp and 4 games in take them away...he hasn't been the only guy playing poorly...Ben needs to look in the mirror...even under pressure, he's had lots of chances to avoid sacks, fumbles, and picks.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I think he had his worst game at the worst time of the year...Ben had to complain about him after the MIN game, but he hadn't played that badly prior to that game.

Just strange they would hand the keys to him in camp and 4 games in take them away...he hasn't been the only guy playing poorly...Ben needs to look in the mirror...even under pressure, he's had lots of chances to avoid sacks, fumbles, and picks.

Ben wont avoid sacks, his playing style wont change this far in his career.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben wont avoid sacks, his playing style wont change this far in his career.

He won't...they could build Fort Knox around him and he would still find a way to get sacked.

FWIW...SEA played on the road vs a good team with 4 new OL, and only 1 starter...and RW put up 423 of OFC and 28 pts...I don't want to hear anymore about how bad our OL is.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. Those 4 new OL were still better than what we have/had. When the LT gets run circles around and the handoff gets blown up in the backfield continuously, I will complain about the OL.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, ummmmm I havent heard a lot of good things about this guy.... but at this point :wtf2: have we got to lose!!!!!

LOL and good point with the only exception being the rest of Ben's career. He already dropped it a few years with his playing style and a few other items but being a tackling dummy this year for any rusher off the end won't help much.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. Those 4 new OL were still better than what we have/had. When the LT gets run circles around and the handoff gets blown up in the backfield continuously, I will complain about the OL.

It can be worse there are rumors around the Falcons are thinking of signing Max Starks. Just like the Steelers you invest a lot in your QB you would think a Tackle that knew how to block would be a top priority.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously....LSH was avg. almost 4 yds a pop...F. Jones is also...I have serious doubts if P. Manning would have 15 sacks behind this OL...keep in mind he's playing with a new LT himself.

I'm not saying you shouldn't but people need to start looking at the source...Ben is not playing great football...some of which is not on the OL. When other NFL teams can trot out 4 guys that were not good enough to start and they put up 400+ yds and 28 pts on the road...c'mon...the problem in PIT is not all OL.