• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the game?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters I do think you have to credit Miami's defense as they aren't exactly pushovers and were the same team that mostly kept New England's high powered offense in check the previous week.

What has me concerned is the amount of penalties the team is racking up which is shocking considering Harbaugh runs a pretty tight ship by all accounts.

Also the offense isn't quite as efficient as you would like. Way too many wasted time outs in this game and to make matters worse it's at home where communication should be a non issue.

I'm just disappointed in the offense approach as of late. I felt like with CK being in there we should open things up a bit in the passing game and it seems like we're mostly running the same things we did with Smith under center.

The whole point of CK being in there is that his arm allows you to open things up and I would like to see more of what we saw towards the end of the 1st half in a little more slinging the ball around. Note I'm not saying by any means we should be the Saints, Pats, or Packers when it comes to throwing the ball.

Also Harbaugh still tend to be a little conservative at times for my taste and I would like for them to put their foot on the opponents throat a bit more then they do.

Not happy with the lack of VD either and I don't know if it's the QB not getting him the ball, him not getting open enough, or us not designing better plays to get him open but he should be seeing the ball far more then he does.

Defensively I have no gripes. Anytime you can hold your opponent to 14 or under I would say that your defense did it's job and really the defense has been on a roll since after the tie against the Rams. I still would like to see some more turnovers though.

Yup Miami D is no slouch.

Was going to bring it up too about the penalties. It's getting old and we need to tighten it up!

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling has been pretty bad the last couple of games and its been frustrating. We need to start opening it up a bit and let CK show off his arm.
But for some reason I think the coaches are holding back on the playbook and saving a lot for the Patriots so we can keep up with them.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the one to Moss was very close to a TD as well.

What do you think about the no call on that Moss pass? That was awful. Perfect pass, Moss couldn't get that right arm stretched out enough to secure the catch in his hands. :sadbron:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What do you think about the no call on that Moss pass? That was awful. Perfect pass, Moss couldn't get that right arm stretched out enough to secure the catch in his hands. :sadbron:

I think he could've caught it despite the interference but he absolutely would've caught it if there wasn't interference.

I mean it's a tough grab when you can't secure the ball because your arms being tugged at.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As far as LMJ goes I was overall pleased with his debut.

I believe coming from Oregon's offense there is a bit of a learning curve with him in understanding it's not just grab ball and slam on the throttle. In the NFL he's going to need to learn how to be patient and how to harness his speed by having to slow down, let it develop, then turn on the jets.

I think all of that will come in time and experience and I thought today's game showed flashes in what he could be when he gets the art of running in the NFL down.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid points. I think last yr our defense and special teams played so good it made expectations sky high. Which effects our look on them even when there playing good but not as elite as last yr.

The offense still worries me. Coaches need to get the gameplan going here! Kinda scary with 3 games left.

Definitely raises our expectations real high for the next season. And I think that we definitely shouldn't expect a year like last year but this season our defense with the same roster has not even been anywhere near that level of performance... And we all have the right to be upset about that.

Who do you blame though, the players, the coaches, both? I can't even believe how this team has been playing all year. There was a lot of great play calling last year and this year it's like they don't even care? I mean what has Greg Roman done for this offense this year? I want him out honestly. Getting stuffed at the line so much recently because A. Our O-Line has been horrendous every other game ( last 3 in a row ) B. EVERY TEAM KNOWS WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE BALL.

Every once and awhile we get creative and do the right thing but my big concern this year is the fact that we shoved Kaepernick into action with 5-6 games left instead of the beginning of the season. The play calling has been so conservative it will start costing us games. Throw the flippin ball on 2nd or 3rd down late in the game to get that 1st down. Go for the win and stop relying on the defense to squeeze one out. The way we are playing right now is not going to win us football games against New England and Seattle

DITCH THE PANSY VANILLA HORSE SHIT, PLAY WITH MOTHER FUGGIN PASSION AND PRIDE!

THANK YOU!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as LMJ goes I was overall pleased with his debut.

I believe coming from Oregon's offense there is a bit of a learning curve with him in understanding it's not just grab ball and slam on the throttle. In the NFL he's going to need to learn how to be patient and how to harness his speed by having to slow down, let it develop, then turn on the jets.

I think all of that will come in time and experience and I thought today's game showed flashes in what he could be when he gets the art of running in the NFL down.

I think his hands are what we're going to love. We haven't really had a rb that was a good receiver since Charlie Garner. I can't wait until the first time he gets 1 on 1 with a lb on a wheel route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH7lpFkKpsc

skip to 2:45

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The penalties weren't too bad this game (6 for 45 yards) except that they came at crucial times.

2) The time management has been atrocious. Is the play not coming in on time? Is Kaep just taking too much time? What is going on there? The 49ers burned three time outs on avoiding a delay of game, and one more on a really marginal challenge.

3) Where is Vernon Davis? He had one pass thrown to him today. One! Roman HAS to find a way to get VD the ball in space. Heck, New England throws to their tight ends all the time, so the D knows what is coming, and they still do it. There must be some ways to get VD the ball.

Overall a good win. The rest is just style points, but with some concern going forward.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the sacks Kaep took today were frustrating.

The oline wasnt blocking the greatest but Kaepernick was just holding on to the ball way too long. I dont know if he is not going thru his progressions and is just locking on to one guy or what but this seems to be the biggest area he needs to improve on.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The penalties weren't too bad this game (6 for 45 yards) except that they came at crucial times.

2) The time management has been atrocious. Is the play not coming in on time? Is Kaep just taking too much time? What is going on there? The 49ers burned three time outs on avoiding a delay of game, and one more on a really marginal challenge.

3) Where is Vernon Davis? He had one pass thrown to him today. One! Roman HAS to find a way to get VD the ball in space. Heck, New England throws to their tight ends all the time, so the D knows what is coming, and they still do it. There must be some ways to get VD the ball.

Overall a good win. The rest is just style points, but with some concern going forward.

I don't understand the disappearance of VD either... Maybe it has something to do with taking what the defense gives them in the passing game. VD gets a lot of attention so they're just taking the easy passes to Crabtree... maybe?

I just don't understand the idea of letting the other team take your best receiver out of the game.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am really perplexed now with the lack of a vertical game. Last year you could have said it was the receivers, but we fixed that. Earlier this year, you could have said it was smith. But now what is the reason? Just play calling or can't our guys get open deep? Seems like 3birds game films analysis shows otherwise. We have to go to a flee flicker to get a deep pass?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the sacks Kaep took today were frustrating.

The oline wasnt blocking the greatest but Kaepernick was just holding on to the ball way too long. I dont know if he is not going thru his progressions and is just locking on to one guy or what but this seems to be the biggest area he needs to improve on.

Maybe he should force the ball into coverage to avoid a sack?

I seen Wake come untouched on one of those sacks. One of the other sacks I noticed was a plain ol coverage sack, no where to throw, he puled the pass back as he seen the db jump the route. I thought he showed awareness.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On one of the to's they replayed where Walker was clearly confused, CK tried to get him lined up but it was too late, then on the last one we had plenty of time left, I think Harbaugh seen something he didn't like and called the to.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the disappearance of VD either... Maybe it has something to do with taking what the defense gives them in the passing game. VD gets a lot of attention so they're just taking the easy passes to Crabtree... maybe?

I just don't understand the idea of letting the other team take your best receiver out of the game.

I think he got stuck in pass protection for most of the game

Anthony Davis had some bad plays early

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seen Wake come untouched on one of those sacks. One of the other sacks I noticed was a plain ol coverage sack, no where to throw, he puled the pass back as he seen the db jump the route. I thought he showed awareness.

Absolutely agree, I like that he didn't force it... I was hoping the endzone cam will show why he pulled it down.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

On some of the plays it looked like he had some options. The play where he pulled the pass back and took the sack, it looked like he had Gore right in front of him(gore was waving his hands) for the check down. It seems like Kaep doesnt use his check downs very often which could help to avoid these negative plays.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On some of the plays it looked like he had some options. The play where he pulled the pass back and took the sack, it looked like he had Gore right in front of him(gore was waving his hands) for the check down. It seems like Kaep doesnt use his check downs very often which could help to avoid these negative plays.

He didn't have much time, as soon as he pulled it back he was sacked.

I know what you saying though, elite qb's don't take many sacks. I want him to get to that level too, ASAP.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There wasn't any AJ Jenkins sightings were they?

Maiocco said early in the 1st quarter that they ran him on a go route and he beat his man but didn't get the ball thrown to him.