• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missed the bye by SIX points - My Round 1 Issues

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones got tackled at the 1 yard line three times and had a TD called back. All of the ensuing TD's went to Rodgers. Guess who the guy I was sweating out with has at QB? Aaron F'n Rodgers. Any of those would have given me a free pass to the final four. But that's how it goes and here I am.

Fill this in as you see fit. The guys I already have in there are basically undisputed.

0.5 PPR Standard

QB - Lamar Jackson vs BUF
RB - Aaron Jones vs WSH
RB -
WR - Tyreek Hill vs NE
WR - Julio Jones vs CAR (Quinn says he's trending well for Sunday)
TE -
FLEX -
D/SPT - Eagles vs NYG
K - Will Lutz

Bench and Bubble Plays

Darren Waller vs TEN
Jack Doyle vs TB

Half of me doesn't like that I got Doyle on waivers because this is now a headache. Honestly, both are fantastic matchups for TE's. I am very much entertaining the idea of playing both. One being in my flex.

Joe Mixon vs CLE
Marlon Mack vs TB (His return is looking optimistic this week - Tough matchup)
David Johnson vs PIT (Lol)
Anthony Miller vs DAL (Rolling solidly but I don't like trusting Trubisky vs even a decent Dallas D)
Jamal Williams vs WSH (Double up on GB RB's? Eh. I think I have better options than purposefully capping my own upside)

I am leaning towards Mixon in my other RB slot and Waller/Doyle in my flex/TE spot. Keep Mack benched. TB is great against the run and Mack doesn't contribute much in the passing game outside of 1-2 check-downs per matchup.

Mixon sort of just keeps right on chucking along with really solid outputs. Quietly back up to 17th overall RB in 0.5. Pretty much regardless of matchup. His rushing totals rarely overwhelm but his volume is good enough that he accumulates yardage and really finds the end zone at a nice clip. Even with Lindley, they would score one TD per game and he would get it. With Dalton back he was involved in the passing game as well.

Cleveland has been a slightly above average run D but that was with Garrett and they just allowed 124 yards rushing to a Connor-less PIT backfield.

This is not ideal. I definitely never envisioned going into the playoffs with 2 TE's in my lineup but I also never envisioned David Johnson dying. So... that explains that.

Not in Consideration

Josh Allen vs BAL
Matt Breida vs NO
Russell Gage vs CAR

Not benching Lamar, Breida just doesn't seem like a viable option vs NO (even if healthy) and Gage is just an insurance policy to Julio being ruled out.

Thanks as always. :) I'll try to get to some of your guys threads tomorrow at work.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mixon due to no injury concern and volume. Lock him in imho.

Julio is tough for me, he’s banged up and hasn’t been great, u kinda have to play him. But honestly for your sake I hope he’s out and u roll gage in ppr.

right now I’d go Waller and Doyle.
I may change my mind but I know the volume Should. Be there in ppr. Miller I think u have to wait n see on gabrie.

if gabriel is out then let’s re visit this. He was trending up with Gabriel in. But Dallas is tough, and well trubisky.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mixon due to no injury concern and volume. Lock him in imho.

Julio is tough for me, he’s banged up and hasn’t been great, u kinda have to play him. But honestly for your sake I hope he’s out and u roll gage in ppr.

right now I’d go Waller and Doyle.
I may change my mind but I know the volume Should. Be there in ppr. Miller I think u have to wait n see on gabrie.

if gabriel is out then let’s re visit this. He was trending up with Gabriel in. But Dallas is tough, and well trubisky.

I mean, Julio still gets his volume and pretty much always hits double digits in 0.5 PPR. His floor is still high. My hope is that the shoulder thing actually allowed his lower body stuff to rest a bit. Panthers are a cake matchup. It's just soooo frustrating watching Ryan NEVER look his way in the red zone. Whether that's his fault or not. I really don't know.

You definitely sit Mack, though? I agree with it but it's not easy to do after waiting for the hand to heal. Especially for a TE.

Do you think Eli playing vs Philly makes them a better or worse play on D?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Julio still gets his volume and pretty much always hits double digits in 0.5 PPR. His floor is still high. My hope is that the shoulder thing actually allowed his lower body stuff to rest a bit. Panthers are a cake matchup. It's just soooo frustrating watching Ryan NEVER look his way in the red zone. Whether that's his fault or not. I really don't know.

You definitely sit Mack, though? I agree with it but it's not easy to do after waiting for the hand to heal. Especially for a TE.

Do you think Eli playing vs Philly makes them a better or worse play on D?
You’re right with Julio. I’d just hate to see him banged up. Running decoy routes with a bum shoulder.

I dunno Mack’s tough. He was a workhorse. But is he gonna go back to that IF he plays. Will he get any passing work? It’s just a tough call. I’d say play him,, but u have legit options.

eli makes any d enticing

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i dunno @richig07 its really tough. I think doyle is locked

but waller's hype is kinda fraudulent

in your scoring settings..........

hes not been as good as you'd think, assuming your not decmial scoring, but even at that im off at most .9 points
  1. 10.5
  2. 9.5
  3. 25.5
  4. 8.5
  5. 5
  6. bye
  7. 27.5
  8. 2
  9. 6
  10. 5.5
  11. 15.5
  12. 5.5
  13. 13.5
Thats alot of uninspiring weeks. Ten. as good a matchup as any though......but thats 8 of 12 weeks that waller has netted u under 11 points in ppr..........

then again.......mack
  1. 23
  2. 7
  3. 15
  4. 3
  5. 15.5
  6. bye
  7. 6.5
  8. 14.5
  9. 8
  10. 7.5
  11. 16
  12. hurt
  13. hurt
Mack hasnt really killed it for you in a ppr league either. He gets tons of work. But hes caught 15 balls all year. Has 4 Td's in 10 games.......yuck....

now makes me say lock in mixon, lock doyle.

I know u said u dont like 2 GB rb's, and i dont either, but Since week 6 jamal williams easily has outscored both those guys, and is vastly more consistent in a fantastic matchup, that if the pack get up early, they may let him run it out......but then again it may be a 4 touchdown aaron jones game? Im a devante owner, so he needs to get something, but yeah.......i could see rolling them both out......Since week 6 his worst game in your scoring is 6 against carolina, and 8 last week. but over 11 every other game.....

Then again, your're a bears guy, if gabriel sits, he hasnt practiced. Id just the same roll out miller and his 8+ targets against a tough dallas team

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon and double TE set.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i dunno @richig07 its really tough. I think doyle is locked

but waller's hype is kinda fraudulent

in your scoring settings..........

hes not been as good as you'd think, assuming your not decmial scoring, but even at that im off at most .9 points
  1. 10.5
  2. 9.5
  3. 25.5
  4. 8.5
  5. 5
  6. bye
  7. 27.5
  8. 2
  9. 6
  10. 5.5
  11. 15.5
  12. 5.5
  13. 13.5
Thats alot of uninspiring weeks. Ten. as good a matchup as any though......but thats 8 of 12 weeks that waller has netted u under 11 points in ppr..........

then again.......mack
  1. 23
  2. 7
  3. 15
  4. 3
  5. 15.5
  6. bye
  7. 6.5
  8. 14.5
  9. 8
  10. 7.5
  11. 16
  12. hurt
  13. hurt
Mack hasnt really killed it for you in a ppr league either. He gets tons of work. But hes caught 15 balls all year. Has 4 Td's in 10 games.......yuck....

now makes me say lock in mixon, lock doyle.

I know u said u dont like 2 GB rb's, and i dont either, but Since week 6 jamal williams easily has outscored both those guys, and is vastly more consistent in a fantastic matchup, that if the pack get up early, they may let him run it out......but then again it may be a 4 touchdown aaron jones game? Im a devante owner, so he needs to get something, but yeah.......i could see rolling them both out......Since week 6 his worst game in your scoring is 6 against carolina, and 8 last week. but over 11 every other game.....

Then again, your're a bears guy, if gabriel sits, he hasnt practiced. Id just the same roll out miller and his 8+ targets against a tough dallas team

Gabriel has been ruled out. But I just like Doyle and Waller more. Waller is volatile but his upside is way too appealing in a top 5 matchup for TE's. Riding him all year and then bailing now to see him post one of his 9-10 catch 100+ yard lines with a TD would be horrific. He does tend to deliver in the good matchups. He disappears in games where Oakland leads because Gruden is in LOVE with pounding Jacobs over and over. They're playing terribly and Tennessee is actually trending up. I see a lot of volume.

I know the opportunity is there for volume with Miller. Not to mention, Miller is really a legitimately talented WR who could be making a name for himself (IMO) in a better offense with a real QB. Miller constantly gets separation deep but Trubisky just can't or won't make those throws unless he's playing Detroit. But IMO... the other options are safer. Trubisky tends to be especially horrendous in primetime. Miller is just as like to lay a total egg like earlier in the year as he is to go for 100 yards again. That scares me.

And 8.5 and 9.5 point weeks aren't really uninspiring for a TE. That's a decent baseline. The few 3-5 point bombs are going to happen to every TE not named Kittle or (at least this year) Andrews. I mean, he's the 3rd overall TE in 0.5 PPR scoring. But a flex... yeah, I get it. 8-9 is not good.

As for Mack, yeah. Not an elite fantasy back in 0.5 PPR but keep in mind... it is a noticeable difference from full point PPR. He had been the #12 RB in 0.5 PPR before his injury. His rushing volume made him reliable. I like Mack... just not vs TB. I think you may see a lot of Hines. Just because you can't run on them efficiently.

Yeah... the Williams thing is intriguing. I admit. Many weeks where they both produce. It would also rid me the headache of watching GB inexplicably pull Jones. I'm telling you; I lose my mind watching that shit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride

@TKOSpikes

Okay, in some crazy developments. I now have Benny Snell vs ARI and Bilal Powell vs MIA as flex possibilities. Snell was dropped in a weird scenario mid-week and my claim came through. Bell news dropped and I ran to waivers to add Powell. I dropped Gage and Breida.

This is beyond a clusterf**k.

I currently want to play Mixon RB2, Waller TE and Powel in the flex. This leaves Mack, Snell, Doyle and Jamal Williams on my bench.

I need other thoughts in the worst way.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride

@TKOSpikes

Okay, in some crazy developments. I now have Benny Snell vs ARI and Bilal Powell vs MIA as flex possibilities. Snell was dropped in a weird scenario mid-week and my claim came through. Bell news dropped and I ran to waivers to add Powell. I dropped Gage and Breida.

This is beyond a clusterf**k.

I currently want to play Mixon RB2, Waller TE and Powel in the flex. This leaves Mack, Snell, Doyle and Jamal Williams on my bench.

I need other thoughts in the worst way.
Jets run game has been awful, do u wanna trust that? Assuming Powell gets all the work which we don’t know