• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the game?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the first half. So I'm no good there.

Thought 2nc half was ok. Still not liking some of play calls. Was hoping to see more of a passing attack. But give credit to Miami D. James looked really solid and gore is s monster.

Can they really not get Vernon involved at all?

Aldon is the man! Seemed the corners keep getting beat but some misplaced throws from tannehill helped.

Big test next Sunday night. Then possibly another Sunday nighter in seattle(flex)

What's everyone thoughts?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like our offense. It doesn't matter which QB because it's the same story. We struggle to convert 3rd downs and score TD's.

The fumbled punt by the Dolphins was the play of the game. That play pretty much gave us the breathing room needed to get the win.

The defense is so clutch for us, and we will need them to even sniff a win in New England.

It's not to often after a win I'm not excited and ready for next week. The play of our offense though these last few weeks though has been aggravating.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw from james, he looks like he could be explosive when he gets going. I hope to see some more sucessful screens to him

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won, but the offense just continues to feel like we're missing something.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timeout management sucks!!! Need to straighten that out in the next few weeks

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After watching Hunter for the past year and a half, I was a bit unimpressed by James......surprised by how slow he looked in comparison. Doesn't have anything like Hunter's burst or change of direction. Did some good things, may be a bit more elusive.....and its a first game, so can't draw any conclusions.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Hunter for the past year and a half, I was a bit unimpressed by James......surprised by how slow he looked in comparison. Doesn't have anything like Hunter's burst or change of direction. Did some good things, may be a bit more elusive.....and its a first game, so can't draw any conclusions.

we're gonna need to take a look in the draft for gore's replacement. hunter and james should be solid in the #2 and 3 roles.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like our offense. It doesn't matter which QB because it's the same story. We struggle to convert 3rd downs and score TD's.

The fumbled punt by the Dolphins was the play of the game. That play pretty much gave us the breathing room needed to get the win.

The defense is so clutch for us, and we will need them to even sniff a win in New England.

It's not to often after a win I'm not excited and ready for next week. The play of our offense though these last few weeks though has been aggravating.

Turnovers like those are so costly. Much like the rams game or even the Ginn muff in the saints game, they have a chance to swing a game.

Reason why the 2011 team was so strong, they smashed the turnover ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I'm just not impressed. I think Kaepernick has a lot of potential but I don't like this conservative game plan shit the coaches have going. Get him off the training wheels coach! I think all us fans want to see our major weapons being utilized efficiently. Vernon Davis was a ghost, Jenkins I didn't even notice and Randy Moss dropped a for sure touchdown on a flee flicker.

I really have found myself criticizing the coaches all year trying to figure out why this awesome focused team is not awesome and focused anymore. It's like someone pulled the plug, the defense is giving up WAY more yards than anytime I remember last year. The defense is worse, the offense is dysfunctional, special teams is definitely worse too. Ridiculous and unacceptable. I wanted Peyton Manning so bad to come to the 49ers because he's so tenacious and would fix all our problems on offense. I'm just still so shocked he picked denver... :(

It's just scary how the 49ers are not in sync heading into two of the best home teams in the NFL with 3 games to go. I hope I'm wrong but if the 49ers lose the next two the season's going down hill. Seattle clearly wants it more at the moment and I'm not happy watching them grow stronger week after week.

The good news though is, Crabtree had another strong game and LaMichael James is great! And will fill Hunters role real nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive playcalling is really becoming a problem. I'm not sure how far we can go with these safe calls? The only way that I can see it being useful is if we're just playing safe against teams we SHOULD beat, as long as we don't shoot ourselves, then opening up a bit in games that we might have to shoot against (like the Pats). We'll see!

I also like what I see out of James, he looks like he could bring some real explosiveness to the offense. Today he got his feet wet, now I think we'll start to see some screens and wheel routes from him. I think he had one to the house on that last drive if he didn't trip over Tuk in the backfield.

I'm still not sure why Jenkins can't get in? We're going to need somebody getting downfield. We only took one shot today, on the flea flicker to Moss. That was a perfect pass, Moss was held on his right arm and no PIT was called, strange no call :wtf:.

Kaep missed the one pass to Crabtree though, not by much, however it was a missed td.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're gonna need to take a look in the draft for gore's replacement. hunter and james should be solid in the #2 and 3 roles.

I'd like to see a shift in offensive philosophy. With CK's passing ability and strong arm, and legs the offense could become a more pass oriented team. Instead of trying to replace Gore and stick with the run run run, I think Hunter and LMJ would be good at keeping teams honest when trying to defend against CK's passing offense.

A bad example but, I'd like to see something like what San Diego did... how they made the shift from LT to Rivers.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I'm just not impressed. I think Kaepernick has a lot of potential but I don't like this conservative game plan shit the coaches have going. Get him off the training wheels coach! I think all us fans want to see our major weapons being utilized efficiently. Vernon Davis was a ghost, Jenkins I didn't even notice and Randy Moss dropped a for sure touchdown on a flee flicker.

I really have found myself criticizing the coaches all year trying to figure out why this awesome focused team is not awesome and focused anymore. It's like someone pulled the plug, the defense is giving up WAY more yards than anytime I remember last year. The defense is worse, the offense is mediocre, special teams is definitely worse too. Ridiculous and unacceptable. I wanted Peyton Manning so bad to come to the 49ers because he's so tenacious and was the best fit without a doubt for our current situation.

It's just scary how the 49ers are not in sync heading into two of the best home teams in the NFL with 3 games to go. I hope I'm wrong but if the 49ers lose the next two it's going to be too little too late. Seattle clearly wants it more at the moment and I'm not a happy fan right now.

The good news though is, Crabtree had another strong game and LaMichael James is great! And will fill Hunters role real nicely.

All valid points. I think last yr our defense and special teams played so good it made expectations sky high. Which effects our look on them even when there playing good but not as elite as last yr.

The offense still worries me. Coaches need to get the gameplan going here! Kinda scary with 3 games left.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive playcalling is really becoming a problem. I'm not sure how far we can go with these safe calls? The only way that I can see it being useful is if we're just playing safe against teams we SHOULD beat, as long as we don't shoot ourselves, then opening up a bit in games that we might have to shoot against (like the Pats). We'll see!

I also like what I see out of James, he looks like he could bring some real explosiveness to the offense. Today he got his feet wet, now I think we'll start to see some screens and wheel routes from him. I think he had one to the house on that last drive if he didn't trip over Tuk in the backfield.

I'm still not sure why Jenkins can't get in? We're going to need somebody getting downfield. We only took one shot today, on the flea flicker to Moss. That was a perfect pass, Moss was held on his right arm and no PIT was called, strange no call :wtf:.

Kaep missed the one pass to Crabtree though, not by much, however it was a missed td

Yeah the one to Moss was very close to a TD as well.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it cause Harbaugh has changed this team night and day. But u really felt like the play calling was holding is back today, just like last week

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a shift in offensive philosophy. With CK's passing ability and strong arm, and legs the offense could become a more pass oriented team. Instead of trying to replace Gore and stick with the run run run, I think Hunter and LMJ would be good at keeping teams honest when trying to defend against CK's passing offense.

A bad example but, I'd like to see something like what San Diego did... how they made the shift from LT to Rivers.

i'm perfectly fine with the run first mentality. but i wanna see us make the most of our passing. we need to find ways to get vernon the ball because he's our best playmaker.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No james wasn't as impressive as hunter, but i think hunter has IT, he is nice to watch every time he runs, but I wouldn't call james unimpressive at all, i thought he did some nice things with the ball and he has some speed.

There was also that one play where he was tripped by his own player that could have gone for a TD

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No james wasn't as impressive as hunter, but i think hunter has IT, he is nice to watch every time he runs, but I wouldn't call james unimpressive at all, i thought he did some nice things with the ball and he has some speed.

There was also that one play where he was tripped by his own player that could have gone for a TD

Ya he would of been gone there.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well for starters I do think you have to credit Miami's defense as they aren't exactly pushovers and were the same team that mostly kept New England's high powered offense in check the previous week.

What has me concerned is the amount of penalties the team is racking up which is shocking considering Harbaugh runs a pretty tight ship by all accounts.

Also the offense isn't quite as efficient as you would like. Way too many wasted time outs in this game and to make matters worse it's at home where communication should be a non issue.

I'm just disappointed in the offense approach as of late. I felt like with CK being in there we should open things up a bit in the passing game and it seems like we're mostly running the same things we did with Smith under center.

The whole point of CK being in there is that his arm allows you to open things up and I would like to see more of what we saw towards the end of the 1st half in a little more slinging the ball around. Note I'm not saying by any means we should be the Saints, Pats, or Packers when it comes to throwing the ball.

Also Harbaugh still tend to be a little conservative at times for my taste and I would like for them to put their foot on the opponents throat a bit more then they do.

Not happy with the lack of VD either and I don't know if it's the QB not getting him the ball, him not getting open enough, or us not designing better plays to get him open but he should be seeing the ball far more then he does.

Defensively I have no gripes. Anytime you can hold your opponent to 14 or under I would say that your defense did it's job and really the defense has been on a roll since after the tie against the Rams. I still would like to see some more turnovers though.