• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Golden Tate......................

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate has missed every field goal he has tried this year. He never missed a field goal when he was at Seattle! What a jerk face

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate has missed every field goal he has tried this year. He never missed a field goal when he was at Seattle! What a jerk face

Maybe, but that Twat hasn't missed a FG yet this year, either...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Golden Tate start playing QB? And what the fuck happened to Stafford?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't "call" himself Golden, it's his actual name. His grandfather was named Golden, as was his father. Obviously it got passed down to him. I'd say the twat comment was a bit much IMO.

I thought it was right on the money. But a little disrespectful to his Grandmother. Egh..... Doubt respect is a very big deal with the Tate's anyway.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I might not like Tate at this point is he is making Stafford look good.

Maybe that is part of Smitty's problem also we are not trying to eat that Crow

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I might not like Tate at this point is he is making Stafford look good.

Maybe that is part of Smitty's problem also we are not trying to eat that Crow

Stafford has the ability to make himself look good. Just up to Jim Bob to make him make himself consistantly.

Id eat grilled crow at a bBQ over at GT3's if it meant we had a division winner to hang our hats on after the season. But Im still not gonna like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is really really good. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. The guy has hands like glue and gets easy separation along with good YAC. Don't know what more you want from the guy. CJ, Fauria, Pettidrops and Ebron are there to catch the TD's anyways.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to eat some crow on Tate. I hated the signing, as we paid a lot of money to get him here, but he is a quality football player. I knew he would work well with Calvin and heard about his hands, but hearing stories and seeing them in game situations has made me quite happy he is a Lion.

He has made some catches this year on 3rd down on some tough passes from Stafford that would have been incompletions most likely in years past. He also showed last week -- he could handle the load if Calvin isn't 100%.

I like how he doesn't shy away from contact either and fights for every extra yard.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to eat some crow on Tate. I hated the signing, as we paid a lot of money to get him here, but he is a quality football player. I knew he would work well with Calvin and heard about his hands, but hearing stories and seeing them in game situations has made me quite happy he is a Lion.

He has made some catches this year on 3rd down on some tough passes from Stafford that would have been incompletions most likely in years past. He also showed last week -- he could handle the load if Calvin isn't 100%.

I like how he doesn't shy away from contact either and fights for every extra yard.

I like it a lot better when you talk about Ebron......

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it a lot better when you talk about Ebron......

I actually didn't think I would like him, as I was brought up in a house where anything to do with Notre Dame was despised.

You have to give him respect as a player though. He has looked really good in the first 4 games and he has made a lot of plays for Detroit and extended drives with his hands and toughness to not go down on the first hit.

Off the field -- I know nothing about the guy and that is usually a good thing. Though I never heard the rumor about him and Wilson's wife.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god the lions signed tate. Was the best signing the lions have made in quite some time. Hes great after the catch, has amazing hands, and probably was the biggest reason the lions won last week. Without that legit two receiver they didnt have last year, the would have been in trouble. He will put up career numbers this season.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is really really good. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. The guy has hands like glue and gets easy separation along with good YAC. Don't know what more you want from the guy. CJ, Fauria, Pettidrops and Ebron are there to catch the TD's anyways.

Yeah boggles my mind, the lions had nobody outiside of CJ last year, now they have an offense that can win without him thanks to tate and fans still arent happy. Maybe they would like durham back. They are happy with ebron being our first round pick though.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, impressive. You have a lot of opinions and when you are wrong you admit it, good for you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah boggles my mind, the lions had nobody outiside of CJ last year, now they have an offense that can win without him thanks to tate and fans still arent happy. Maybe they would like durham back. They are happy with ebron being our first round pick though.

C'mon laker, don't wus out on me. Who's this "they" you speak of? Had you said "he", Id know who you're tallinbough. But "they" makes me think I have comp'ny.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon laker, don't wus out on me. Who's this "they" you speak of? Had you said "he", Id know who you're tallinbough. But "they" makes me think I have comp'ny.

I know Ive called you out more than once on tate. You know I was talking about you. The they referred to gandy dancer's comment as well but he PMed me to clear things up. Apparently hes on the tater wagon, you should hop on. Guy sounds like a scumbag off of the field but he so far has been the best FA acquisition in a while.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate Tate so much if he wasn't responsible for slowing down Ebron's development.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate Tate so much if he wasn't responsible for slowing down Ebron's development.

:lol: Pettidrops might be slowing it down. Not Tate. All the dude needs to do is learn how to block and he would never come off the field.