• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Cardinals game........

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spot calls and the fucking punt being ruled down pissed me off. None took points off the board though.

None DIRECTLY took points off the board. One ended a drive for us, which could have led to points. One ended the game, when otherwise they would have had to punt to us with 2 minutes for Stafford to pull off another miracle. And one took us from near field goal range to starting inside our own 1 yard line. Those 3 were all game changing calls, even if no points were directly given or taken away.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also got screwed on Mathis's illegal contact call. That's 4 big calls that went against us.

There was also a offensive pass interference called on Ebron for shoving the guy down. Except that it happened inside 5 yards from the LOS where contact is allowed. It only happened because the defender tried to jam him allowed the line. And it happened before the ball was in the air. In other words it was 5 bad calls.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spot calls and the fucking punt being ruled down pissed me off. None took points off the board though.

They very well could have though. They were all critical plays and those three calls still are mindboggling and were horrific calls. Why did the cardinals player need to toss the ball back in if he had already downed it. Not once in my life has the ball been downed that way. A player tosses the ball back and the next player downs it. Either these were the worst refs of all time or they wanted zona to win badly. The spots and offensive PI were ridiculous as well. How the fuck are the refs that horrible at spotting the ball? I saw the same thing in the chiefs seahawks game but the refs there at least had enough brains to overturn the awful spot.

The punt fiasco reminds me of the game the lions lost to the bears on the process call. I guess the lions are trendsetters when it comes to bullshit new rules being implemented to fuck the lions. This is twice now the refs have completely modified the rules to fuck the lions. The process bullshit did not exist before the CJ TD and still doesnt when its other teams and IVe never seen a punt downed like tha before as well and probably wont again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They very well could have though. They were all critical plays and those three calls still are mindboggling and were horrific calls. Why did the cardinals player need to toss the ball back in if he had already downed it. Not once in my life has the ball been downed that way. A player tosses the ball back and the next player downs it. Either these were the worst refs of all time or they wanted zona to win badly. The spots and offensive PI were ridiculous as well. How the fuck are the refs that horrible at spotting the ball? I saw the same thing in the chiefs seahawks game but the refs there at least had enough brains to overturn the awful spot.

The punt fiasco reminds me of the game the lions lost to the bears on the process call. I guess the lions are trendsetters when it comes to bullshit new rules being implemented to fuck the lions. This is twice now the refs have completely modified the rules to fuck the lions. The process bullshit did not exist before the CJ TD and still doesnt when its other teams and IVe never seen a punt downed like tha before as well and probably wont again.

Its always the same ref on the field that I've noticed when we are getting the shitty calls.

This Candyman looking bitch.

images

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he the one that fucked them over in the bears game? At least when jim joyce fucked the tigers over he was man enough to admit it.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he the one that fucked them over in the bears game? At least when jim joyce fucked the tigers over he was man enough to admit it.

I dont remember who the ref in the Bears game was, but every game this guy has ref'd for a Detroit game, the calls against Detroit have been very questionable. You'll notice next time he works one of our games. Keep it in the back of your mind. That guy hates the Lions.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will, whats his name, levy? Maybe he has beef with our levy.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be coincidence and he's just announcing the calls that other refs are making. But I swear this guy works a Lions game, and its bad.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it made absolutely no difference to anyone but that puss Galarraga. He should have freaked the fuck out but he didn't really care. His loss. Not a chance I would thrown another pitch.

On the penalty thing, hard for me to see points being lost because of calls from Sunday. There were bad calls, there were terrible calls. But Detroit still would have had to make plays. And they didn't do that all damn day. The punt return was the biggest, still weren't in field goal range. Not that a FG woulda mattered. Calvin straight up dropped what would have been their biggest offense play. That wasn't because of the officials. Bells fumbles, Ravioli botches a snap, these are reasons we scored 6 points.

Im not big on blaming refs, not in NFL games or at any other level. It bothers me tbh. Makes people look bad, IMO.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gene-steratore.jpg

This is the son of a bitch that reviewed the CJ process call, Gene Steratore. Fuckin asshole!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His brother is an NFL official also. And he is one of two guys who also referees D1 Bball games. (Wikipedia taught me that.)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BETHEL-6.gif

Now, as many of you know, the play was overturned on review and the Lions were given the ball on the 1. A huge shift in momentum for the Cards. To his credit, FOX officiating guru Mike Pereira weighed in on air and disagreed with Boger.

“Listen, you always allow for that and you allow him to toss the ball back into the field of play to keep it from going into the end zone. That’s part of that process. So I really don’t agree with that call.”

Pereira brings up a good point here. If possession is established, why then do players throw the ball back into play? Why isn’t there an automatic whistle? Furthermore, how is possession defined here? Is it the same as a catch? If so, you could argue that the player didn’t possess the ball long enough and in fact, bobbled it.

To break it down further, Arizona was in contact with the ball for 9 frames (at 30 frames/sec) or O.3 seconds. Can you see an official ruling that as a catch for an offensive team? Of course not.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you seriously wanted to keep tallinbough referees, my bad.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still bullshit IMO. Nothing was guaranteed by those mistaken calls, but it didn't help.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas scored a TD on us a few years ago on that exact same play. Orlando Scandrick, I believe.

Refs boned us hard on that one... absolutely atrocious call, no doubt about it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still bullshit IMO. Nothing was guaranteed by those mistaken calls, but it didn't help.

If I didn't absolutely hate Mayhew, think Lombardi sucks and be pretty sure Caldwell kills offenses the refs woulda got to me more.

That "downed" punt was total bullshit. Bothers me most that Ross doesn't get the credit for being aware of the rules and making a play for his team.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the ruling on that punt. It should be down at the one. Just like Calvin against the Bears should've been a Touchdown. The thing is, that call against CJ was enforced even before that play, just that play made it famous. The punt ruling, however, is NEVER enforced, so why the fuck start it against us?

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the ball placed on the 1? He "downed the ball" on the goal line. Worst case it should have been a touchback. Lions got fucked on that call.