• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Those Wacky Jets file tampering vs Patriots

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It Is What It Is Report: Jets file tampering charges against Patriots for Robert Krafts Darrelle Revis comments Monday

REPORT: JETS FILE TAMPERING CHARGES AGAINST PATRIOTS FOR ROBERT KRAFT’S DARRELLE REVIS COMMENTS MONDAY
03.24.15 at 8:56 pm ET
By Ryan Hannable
The rivalry continues.

According to Pro Football Talk, the Jets have filed tampering charges against Robert Kraft and the Patriots based on the owner’s comments Monday about Darrelle Revis who is now a member of the Jets.

“€œWe thought we made a very competitive offer,” Kraft told reporters while speaking at the NFL owners meetings. “I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots — we wanted to keep him. We wanted him in our system, and we have certain disciplines.

“We had hoped it worked out. It didn’€™t.”

The owner continued to say how he hated losing Revis, but trusts Bill Belichick to make the right decisions for the organization.

“As a fan, in March and April, I hate to lose [Revis],” Kraft told reporters Monday at the NFL owners meeting in Arizona. “But our real focus is what goes on in the fall and winter. I put my faith and respect with Bill [Belichick]. We have a lot of discussions, and he’€™s done pretty good the last 15 years. The fan in me argues all the time with him, but he has a pretty good record.”

Kraft was asked if he was talked out of matching the Jets offer by Belichick.

“No. I listen to what he says,” he said. “We discuss things thoroughly, but he has done a pretty good job. Once again, the emotion and fan in me, you want to keep all the good players and we have a salary cap. I know what it’€™s like when you lose a game in the fall and the winter, so the emotion of the spring has to have some discipline if you want to be good long-term. I think he’€™s proven to be a pretty good manager of our resources.”

This is likely in response to the Patriots filing tampering charges against the Jets for Woody Johnson‘s comments about Revis back in December.

Tampering rules prohibit: “€œ[a]ny public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’€™s player to that player’€™s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media.”

ProFootballTalk ✔ @ProFootballTalk
Follow

Jets have filed tampering charges against Patriots based on Robert Kraft's Monday comments about Darrelle Revis, per league source.

8:43 PM - 24 Mar 2015

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just
End
The
Season

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing any tampering. :noidea:
"that other team signed revis, but we would have wanted him back"

tampering?

lol

this is just the jets being the embarrassment to football that they are.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"that other team signed revis, but we would have wanted him back"

tampering?

lol

this is just the jets being the embarrassment to football that they are.

Kraft is talking past tense, whereas when Woody had his brain fuck moment ("We want Revis back") that is clearly tampering.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft is talking past tense, whereas when Woody had his brain fuck moment ("We want Revis back") that is clearly tampering.
this will all go away too. i just want to enjoy title #9 here since i turned 26.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to remember, it's the fucking Jests.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampering AFTER he's signed?

:billb:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... The Jets will forever be the little brother of the division. Kicking & screaming every year.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... The Jets will forever be the little brother of the division. Kicking & screaming every year.
they were decent under rex his first few years, obviously...defense heavy.

but this is a new low for the fightin' JEST

photo.jpg

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Fireman Ed finally walked away from the Jests, that was quite telling.
jetspatslw18.jpg
Weissman, Lee, S./Weissman, Lee, S.
Jets superfan 'Fireman Ed' Anzalone says the team tried to woo him back into his old role, leading the J-E-T-S chant at home games, but he opts to stay retired.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Fireman Ed finally walked away from the Jests, that was quite telling.
jetspatslw18.jpg
Weissman, Lee, S./Weissman, Lee, S.
Jets superfan 'Fireman Ed' Anzalone says the team tried to woo him back into his old role, leading the J-E-T-S chant at home games, but he opts to stay retired.
I would opt to stay retired too

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE="clemtheslowson, post: 6392789, member: 8191"]You've got to remember, it's the fucking Jests.[/QUOTE]

:facepalm3:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Jets did is irrelevant. If Revis was destined to be more than a one-season rental, the Pats would have signed him to an appropriate contract. Instead, they put in some obnoxious second-year number that no one who's not living under a rock believed the Pats would ever pay. Their intention all along was to keep their young safety, and let Revis find his money elsewhere. Pretty much anyone following football could see that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Jets did is irrelevant. If Revis was destined to be more than a one-season rental, the Pats would have signed him to an appropriate contract. Instead, they put in some obnoxious second-year number that no one who's not living under a rock believed the Pats would ever pay. Their intention all along was to keep their young safety, and let Revis find his money elsewhere. Pretty much anyone following football could see that.
i follow football. they wanted to pick up the option year, but revis didnt want them too. he wanted a long term deal.

i know this, because i follow...football!