• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thje Globe: Dennard Will Not Be Cut

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a league source, they will not cut him but they expect him to be suspended by the league.

The question will be if the judge revokes his probation and imposes more jail time and when it has to be served. The league can't sensibly suspend him if it overlaps with the jail time. That being said, he may only miss 30 days of camp if the judge orders him to serve it right away and then three or four games.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL should be ashamed of its weak DUI policy

But when it comes to DUI, Goodell can ban alcohol from being served on team charter flights, but he can't suspend a first-time DUI offender under the personal conduct policy because the language in the collective bargaining agreement won't let him.

Is this not accurate then? Dennard would have to be a first time offender as his previous arrest was before he was under any NFL contract.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell can NOT suspend a first time offender which Denard is. But thats not saying the Patriots would not ..under league pressure.. suspened him for this infraction.. If I were his lawyer.. i would try my ahrdest to fast track this in the case he did have his probation revoked he could get the jail time over with.. Perhaps he could even volentary check into prison early and start the 30 days that way he is avaliable for the regular seasin and not let it drag out.??

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no surprise here it would be really stupid to cut him. what bothers me the most are those pats fans that wanted him cut instantly like hernandez to set some sort of prescident. i dont think they realize how bad it would hurt the pats defense to cut dennard.

he might not even serve a whole 30 days, dont really matter if he serve it now or after the season, he wont miss hardly any playing time.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no surprise here it would be really stupid to cut him. what bothers me the most are those pats fans that wanted him cut instantly like hernandez to set some sort of prescident. i dont think they realize how bad it would hurt the pats defense to cut dennard.

he might not even serve a whole 30 days, dont really matter if he serve it now or after the season, he wont miss hardly any playing time.

I intiatally felt that way, screw it cut him. I mean we knew he was trouble he allegedly hit a cop then after we give him a shot he gets a DUI. I had thought just cut him, if he is guilty of the DUI I can live with what ever suspension he gets. But here is the kicker and I considered this, after giving him a shot, then being there with him through this, you can bet your Bippy he will try and rake the Pats over the coals when his rookie contract is up.

So much for hey I'll scratch your back you scratch mine.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I intiatally felt that way, screw it cut him. I mean we knew he was trouble he allegedly hit a cop then after we give him a shot he gets a DUI. I had thought just cut him, if he is guilty of the DUI I can live with what ever suspension he gets. But here is the kicker and I considered this, after giving him a shot, then being there with him through this, you can bet your Bippy he will try and rake the Pats over the coals when his rookie contract is up.

So much for hey I'll scratch your back you scratch mine.

i thought about that as well.. i figure if the pats keep him and he does wellenough to grant a raise.. their will be provisions in the contract that if he stpes out of line he forfits his money and is released.. i think that will be the new language in most if not all contracts going forward.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shame on you mojo! just kidding. :) dennard is a big piece of our defense i would not cut him unless he was arrested for murder charges. lool. we have ha so much trouble in the secondary in the recent past and we finally got the right pieces to make it legit we cant afford to take another hit and go back to square one.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shame on you mojo! just kidding. :) dennard is a big piece of our defense i would not cut him unless he was arrested for murder charges. lool. we have ha so much trouble in the secondary in the recent past and we finally got the right pieces to make it legit we cant afford to take another hit and go back to square one.

When thinking with my Pats Penis that head agrees 100%. If I think with my everyday your a swell human being penis I say screw him he's bound to screw us sooner or later.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced he's trouble. Both legal situations are mild. The DUI bothers me more but we don't even know if he was actually drunk.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced he's trouble. Both legal situations are mild. The DUI bothers me more but we don't even know if he was actually drunk.

Looks like a duck quacks like a duck must be a tiger huh?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how many people would swing if someone grabbed them from behind? It's an instinct of self preservation and if the cop had identified himself it wouldn't have happened.

As for the DUI, like I said, we'll see what happens.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once upon a time I was questioned for something I was not involved in. I found mself watching men in suits trying to "discreetly" surround me. I warned the officer in charge that I could see what was happening, that I was trained in martial arts, and it would not be good if someone tried to lay a hand on me. I said lets go in the back room and I will cooperate but don't try to jump me. He agreed.
An officer is responsible to control the scene. Sometimes stuff happens. Whatever happened during Dennards first incident, we'll never really know. After that, surely you don't believe that they would let him walk back into their town and show his face around? Stuff happens. It would be best if these charges were dropped and he never went back to this town without his attorney. Stuff happens.