• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Would Be Very Good News

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all cases of injured players, prefer they take the time to get it right. Better to avoid "re-lapses" if possible, ala Dee Ford. If Kwon nevers gets back this season, thats better than aggravating it, and maybe leading to other issues?

Hoping we can get a good lead and take Sherman out earlier?
I'm worried about Sherman in that regard. I hope he's not coming back to early because he knows the team needs him. I'm sure he knows that Julio Jones would not have had the game he did if Sherman was playing and he feels bad.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm worried about Sherman in that regard. I hope he's not coming back to early because he knows the team needs him. I'm sure he knows that Julio Jones would not have had the game he did if Sherman was playing and he feels bad.

Don't think Sherman would've stopped Jones anyway? He might've slowed him a LITTLE bit, but Jones is just good.

This is similar to Michael Thomas.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Sherman would've stopped Jones anyway? He might've slowed him a LITTLE bit, but Jones is just good.

This is similar to Michael Thomas.
Jones would not have made him look like a fool the way he did to Witherspoon and Moseley.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones is arguably the best receiver in the last decade. He was largely assigned double coverage, but it's incredibly difficult when the secondary is missing components. It's not really on Witherspoon or Moseley....Marcell Harris however, was terrible.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones is arguably the best receiver in the last decade. He was largely assigned double coverage, but it's incredibly difficult when the secondary is missing components. It's not really on Witherspoon or Moseley....Marcell Harris however, was terrible.
I thought Harris made some nice hustle plays the last few weeks. But Witherspoon has been completely exposed the last three weeks. He has been horrendous. Its gotten to the point that if you ever want to find Witherspoon on the field just look for the receiver with the ball and look about 5 yards behind him; Witherspoon will be that guy trailing after him after being beaten badly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Harris made some nice hustle plays the last few weeks. But Witherspoon has been completely exposed the last three weeks. He has been horrendous. Its gotten to the point that if you ever want to find Witherspoon on the field just look for the receiver with the ball and look about 5 yards behind him; Witherspoon will be that guy trailing after him after being beaten badly.

Marcel Harris isn't playing well, but wasn't he who caused Lamar Jackson to fumble?

In the times i could watch Witherspoon, seemed like he isn't 'focused' on his man? He doesn't seem to have that "sense of urgency" right off the snap?

He seems to be peaking too early/too much at the QB? You need to stick like glue to your guy the first two seconds or so. You do this to get yourself in position to defend his route, then peak back depending on how the receiver reacts. Just my opinion.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcel Harris isn't playing well, but wasn't he who caused Lamar Jackson to fumble?

In the times i could watch Witherspoon, seemed like he isn't 'focused' on his man? He doesn't seem to have that "sense of urgency" right off the snap?

He seems to be peaking too early/too much at the QB? You need to stick like glue to your guy the first two seconds or so. You do this to get yourself in position to defend his route, then peak back depending on how the receiver reacts. Just my opinion.
Yes, it was Harris. He also made a huge tackle that ended a Ram drive last night. Witherspoon has reverted back to what he was last year. I think he's lazy and doesn't work to continue to improve. He's got a great one on his own team to learn from. Sherman was once the best in the league.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, it was Harris. He also made a huge tackle that ended a Ram drive last night. Witherspoon has reverted back to what he was last year. I think he's lazy and doesn't work to continue to improve. He's got a great one on his own team to learn from. Sherman was once the best in the league.

Witherspoon doesn't need to learn at this point, he needs to WANT IT!

But unfortunately, also at this point he can't just get this attitude, you need to have had it. We still need him but i don't see him being 'long term' starter.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But unfortunately, also at this point he can't just get this attitude, you need to have had it. We still need him but i don't see him being 'long term' starter.
Doesn't seem to me we missed a beat while he was out and Mosely took his spot.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dealing with Julio Jones and Michael Thomas in back to back weeks, when the safety help isn't there and the pass rush is worn down doesn't exactly help out either.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt is coming back for the playoffs, why not Alexander? They had the same injury.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
7. Jimmie Ward - 75.9 overall grade

Ward continues to string together impressive performances in his sixth season in San Francisco. The veteran defensive back did not allow a single catch on his two targets in coverage on Sunday.

8. Arik Armstead - 74.7 overall grade

Armstead registered seven pressures that included a quarterback hit and six hurries on Sunday night. He finished the regular season with an 89.8 overall grade, the fourth best among all edge defenders.

Two players who have underperformed over their 49er careers, but having 'career' seasons now. Too bad Armstead was so injured early on, and too bad Ward spent time at CB. Ward doesn't have stats but you can tell he plays FS well.

IMO we have a chance to re-sign Ward, but not Armstead.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers have lost D.J. Jones, Jullian Taylor, Ronald Blair and Damontre Moore to season-ending injuries on the defensive line this season.

This hurts for sure but lets look at the bright side, these names are Buckner, Armstead, and Bosa. Next, our deepest unit got hit, not our thinnest.

I recall about 7-8 seasons ago, our CB's got hurt including new players we just signed. The last CB they had to sign was REALLY "off the street".

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander returned to practice today. Good news.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander returned to practice today. Good news.

Very good news of they could get him back as well the starters from their early season defense might all be back or nearly all as Jones is done.for the year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good news of they could get him back as well the starters from their early season defense might all be back or nearly all as Jones is done.for the year.
Looks like Tartt will be back as well.