• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Would Be Very Good News

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how quickly he could get up to speed he's been out for a long time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Injuries have impacted the 49ers' defensive line as the season comes closer to an end. Defensive end Dee Ford is unlikely to return before the playoffs, if at all. Defensive lineman Jullian Taylor is trying to work his way back from a ligament issue in the elbow, an injury sustained during Week 13 against the Ravens.

Defensive linemen Ronald Blair (knee) and Demontre Moore (forearm) were placed on season-ending injured reserve.

These injuries all hurt no doubt, including DJ Jones. But at least its not Bosa, Armstead, and Buckner.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries have impacted the 49ers' defensive line as the season comes closer to an end. Defensive end Dee Ford is unlikely to return before the playoffs, if at all. Defensive lineman Jullian Taylor is trying to work his way back from a ligament issue in the elbow, an injury sustained during Week 13 against the Ravens.

Defensive linemen Ronald Blair (knee) and Demontre Moore (forearm) were placed on season-ending injured reserve.

These injuries all hurt no doubt, including DJ Jones. But at least its not Bosa, Armstead, and Buckner.

Yes but it goes back to them giving up more points at the end of the game with the rotation so depleted they are losing steam by the time the 4th quarter rolls around.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes but it goes back to them giving up more points at the end of the game with the rotation so depleted they are losing steam by the time the 4th quarter rolls around.

Yes, lack of depth hurts and is why i said "no doubt" it hurts.

But imagine if Bosa went on IR like DJ Jones? If Armstead went on IR like Blair? Since our main D-linemen are still playing, that's "good news"...........so far.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure its that. Its inexperience and lack of confidence. Everyone is hoping someone else will make a play. Not a single player on yesterday's defense has been in a playoff game yet and they still need to learn how to win at the end. Currently they are oh for 4 in final drive losses (and the win in N.O.).
Until the defense can show me that they can win a game I will continue to believe they will fail. Perhaps the return of Sherman and Alexander will help in that regard.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure its that. Its inexperience and lack of confidence. Everyone is hoping someone else will make a play. Not a single player on yesterday's defense has been in a playoff game yet and they still need to learn how to win at the end. Currently they are oh for 4 in final drive losses (and the win in N.O.).
Until the defense can show me that they can win a game I will continue to believe they will fail. Perhaps the return of Sherman and Alexander will help in that regard.

Why are you reaching? Being a dark cloud would be ok if you had justifiable reasons. But its not ok when you just blab it to blab it.

Everyone knows the defense has gotten the 49ers to where they are now. Sure the offense came thru at New Orleans and a few other times (not games), but we're 11-3 mainly due to the defense. Our defense HAS learned how to win at the end, so don't take one game to characterize 9 or 10.

Any NFL fan - not only 49er fans - know our defense got us here. Everyone but you that is.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup....Bill Walsh preached it 35 years ago and it still stands true. Losing Ford and Julian Taylor for the time being is bad, but losing Jones and Blair is almost as bad....and they're done till next year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you reaching? Being a dark cloud would be ok if you had justifiable reasons. But its not ok when you just blab it to blab it.

Everyone knows the defense has gotten the 49ers to where they are now. Sure the offense came thru at New Orleans and a few other times (not games), but we're 11-3 mainly due to the defense. Our defense HAS learned how to win at the end, so don't take one game to characterize 9 or 10.

Any NFL fan - not only 49er fans - know our defense got us here. Everyone but you that is.
Yet they have still failed to close a game for this team. They are oh and 4 in this area. Until they do close a game you have to go with their past performance. Its one thing to play good defense in the first 3 quarters but quite another to do it with the game on the line. They haven't learned to do that yet.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup....Bill Walsh preached it 35 years ago and it still stands true. Losing Ford and Julian Taylor for the time being is bad, but losing Jones and Blair is almost as bad....and they're done till next year.
I remember Walsh saying the key to victory in the NFL is a pass rush in the 4th quarter. The 49ers no onger have that. They just dance with the O Line
Shanahan threw alot of cold water on that yesterday. He said Alexander coming back is a long shot
I never believed it for a second. I don't trust anything the 49ers say on injuries. Just thought it was a good story. When he comes back next year they are going to have a heck of a linebacking corp.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Walsh saying the key to victory in the NFL is a pass rush in the 4th quarter. The 49ers no onger have that. They just dance with the O Line

I never believed it for a second. I don't trust anything the 49ers say on injuries. Just thought it was a good story. When he comes back next year they are going to have a heck of a linebacking corp.

Who knows maybe he does come back, but that is a quick turnaround for that type of injury. I had a partial tear once, and that took months to heal. Merton Hanks tore his pic once and missed the entire season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows maybe he does come back, but that is a quick turnaround for that type of injury. I had a partial tear once, and that took months to heal. Merton Hanks tore his pic once and missed the entire season.
Probably just a pipe dream. Maybe the recovery time depends on the severity of the tear?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just a pipe dream. Maybe the recovery time depends on the severity of the tear?

It does. A complete tear takes longer. Not surprised he is moving around. The problem is when you try to press and move weight around.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It does. A complete tear takes longer. Not surprised he is moving around. The problem is when you try to press and move weight around.

Like all cases of injured players, prefer they take the time to get it right. Better to avoid "re-lapses" if possible, ala Dee Ford. If Kwon nevers gets back this season, thats better than aggravating it, and maybe leading to other issues?

Hoping we can get a good lead and take Sherman out earlier?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers took a chance on Richard Sherman; it’s paying richly for both of them

I for one didn't like this signing back then. I was also wary of his injury and how it would affect his game? Yes, it has paid of this year for sure and we can use him next year. No one escapes father time except Jerry Rice. so while Sherman isn't at his prime we can still use him another year.

BTW - I would be perfectly fine drafting a CB round 1. I'm not saying target one via Need, but if the value turns out to a CB, draft him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...n-wants-reduce-workload-nick-49ers-defensive/

Which HC doesn't wish he couldn't reduce the workload at certain positions? Yes, the D-line and defense overall, takes a LOT of energy, but the cap makes it hard to have good depth everywhere.

At this point the only way to reduce work load is for the offense to help the defense. Drive down the field more and score more touchdowns.