• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Weeks Silver Lining: Dolphins Mighty Defense "Back to the Drawing Board"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-1 Dolphins > 0-2 Dumpster Fire Lions

Fact

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Suh recorded just one tackle for the second straight week as he had a limited impact on the proceedings. A limited positive impact, anyway. Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reports that Suh went off script at points in the game and that his freelancing confused his defensive teammates."

:pound::pound::pound:

Undisciplined and ineffective! That's probably not what the Suhphins consider getting their money's worth on their colossal blunder... er, investment...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game, Suh certainly seemed to be suggesting that defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle needed to make some changes to the scheme when asked about what went wrong on Sunday.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Suh said. “At the end of the day, we have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what we want to run so guys can make plays and go from there.”

:whoo::rockon::peace::nutswing::heh:

I got nothing to smile about with my own team, but I definitely can smile about this train wreck that we're watching unfold!

:finger: :trash:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Dolphins haven’t gotten what they’ve expected from Suh through the first two weeks. That will need to change if they’re going to make good on the pervasive preseason optimism in South Florida."

The 2nd coming of Albert Haynesworth? Under performing on a HUGE contract, and then blaming the coaches and scheme for his lack of performance?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not really a silver lining other than we do not have to listen to any more rediculous drivel about how Suh was the entire reason the defense was good last year.

Honestly, I am done talking about the Dolphins too. They are not making the playoffs. They are not even close to the other teams in the AFC east. Heck, at this point they are not even the best team in Florida.

If I am going to waste time talking about non-playoff teams then I might as well spend that time on the Lions. I am more concerned at how slow Tulloch is and when Levy will be back. Our LB play has been really bad and it is obvious they cant function without Levy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not really a silver lining other than we do not have to listen to any more rediculous drivel about how Suh was the entire reason the defense was good last year.

Honestly, I am done talking about the Dolphins too. They are not making the playoffs. They are not even close to the other teams in the AFC east. Heck, at this point they are not even the best team in Florida.

If I am going to waste time talking about non-playoff teams then I might as well spend that time on the Lions. I am more concerned at how slow Tulloch is and when Levy will be back. Our LB play has been really bad and it is obvious they cant function without Levy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I just read how you weren't gonna be tallinbough the Dolphins earlier in this thread.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Old Lion, post: 7231903, member: 4255"]Its not really a silver lining other than we do not have to listen to any more rediculous drivel about how Suh was the entire reason the defense was good last year.[/QUOTE]
But that, in and of itself, is a wonderful silver lining...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotcha the first time man, take it easy!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yesterday’s loss to the Jaguars revealed a number of problems with the Dolphins, but perhaps most troubling is that their highest-paid player is already doing is own thing."

Real team-first player, hey? That "me, me, me" attitude sure didn't take long to bust through down in South Beach...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Asked to explain his lackluster play against the Jaguars..."

Looks like we let him walk at just the right time... we must have used up all his prime, because I sure as hell don't remember any lackluster play out of him last season. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Who knows, maybe we can bring him back this offseason after the Dolphins cut him after one year of 16 tackles, no QB pressures, and no sacks?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, freelancing? Thats funny. Im sure this thread will see plenty of action throughout the week.

I was never as high on this guy as everyone else but I'm a Stafford fan so I need to stfu. Lol.

The Jags single blocked Suh? Wow. Lol

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really pisses me off is I got scared to start Allen Robinson against them in Fantasy football. What the hell was I thinking? Lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The award ceremony will not commence until Micro, Max and a Meow alt are all present.

Please be patient, it won't be long.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'm fawking loving it. I loved Suh while he was here, but he decided money was better than winning (hard to blame him with that kind of $$, tbh), so my love for him went out the door as soon as he did.

Normally I'd just say, "meh, he's adjusting to a new team, new system, new city, etc..."

But because these assholes were SOOOO adament that Suh was the singular reason our defense was great, and that he was a "generational talent" and a game-changer, etc, and because they talked SOOO much shit and trolled this board so hard over us "losing" Suh I'm definitely enjoying this opportunity to throw it right in their faces. And, judging by last week's posting wars, I'm hardly the only one.