• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
olmr4.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Okla. St., Miami lineman will give Southern Miss a try | CollegeFootballTalk
Will the third time be a charm for Naim Mustafaa?

Time will tell, but Southern Miss is apparently the latest to give the defensive lineman a chance, with Jason Munzof the Hattiesburg American reporting that the Golden Eagles have added Mustafaa to their football team. Neither the university nor the program has officially announced his addition.

Mustafaa, provided he stays around this time, would be eligible to play immediately in 2015. Getting him to stick for any length of time, though, could prove troublesome.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long ago was it when Texas was saying they could offer all of their athletes $10,000/yr over their scholarships? (that would have added up to a couple of million dollars a year in extra financial aid.) Something seems to be amiss here. Either the previous AD had no idea how much money Texas had, or the current one is missing that information.
Or the current AD is a cheap mfer

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long ago was it when Texas was saying they could offer all of their athletes $10,000/yr over their scholarships? (that would have added up to a couple of million dollars a year in extra financial aid.) Something seems to be amiss here. Either the previous AD had no idea how much money Texas had, or the current one is missing that information.

I think they are fine. Last several years have included very large buyouts/payouts whatever you want to call them.

You got MB's money, you had Major Applewhite's money for last year, you have CS's buyout from Louisville, and Shaka Smart's buyout.

Plus, CFB expenses are rising at a frightening rate- while payouts from TV are increasing, so are expenses. I think Patterson is just trying to rein in what had become a very bloated athletics department. Tho, he may have done some things that are ruffling feathers.

Locally, everyone here understands the bloat that had grown in the previous admin. There are people in the department making six figure salaries and do nothing at all. That sort of thing.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locally, everyone here understands the bloat that had grown in the previous admin. There are people in the department making six figure salaries and do nothing at all. That sort of thing.
I would say then to cut three of those positions, and feed the coaches. This nickel and dime crap is for the birds.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are fine. Last several years have included very large buyouts/payouts whatever you want to call them.

You got MB's money, you had Major Applewhite's money for last year, you have CS's buyout from Louisville, and Shaka Smart's buyout.

Plus, CFB expenses are rising at a frightening rate- while payouts from TV are increasing, so are expenses. I think Patterson is just trying to rein in what had become a very bloated athletics department. Tho, he may have done some things that are ruffling feathers.

Don't you post anything bad about Tennessee, now. Hamilton left UTK with problems, financial and otherwise. 'T' for Texas, 'T' for Tennessee, ya hear? :nod:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you post anything bad about Tennessee, now. Hamilton left UTK with problems, financial and otherwise. 'T' for Texas, 'T' for Tennessee, ya hear? :nod:

Never hear me talkin bad about Tennessee, I'm a Texan. We learn when we're in first grade how the Tennessee folks came down to give us a hand.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say then to cut three of those positions, and feed the coaches. This nickel and dime crap is for the birds.

yeah, lot of bad feelings with this AD here, no doubt.

Just listened to local sports talk show on this subject of meals, both sides. As for it it in reality, it's a non-issue; the issue is the lack of communication by the AD's office when he's making all these changes, seemingly out of the blue.

Dont think the football, basketball coaches care that they only get 30 meals free, then have to start paying. But the tennis coach of GA's could be impacted.

But it's the 'perception' that is killing him, and making the department a national laughing stock.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coastal Carolina, Eastern Kentucky on Sun Belts expansion radar | CollegeFootballTalk
Sun Belt Conference commissioner Karl Benson has confirmed the conference has been in conversations with both Coastal Carolina and Eastern Kentucky. The Sun Belt currently has 11 football-playing members, including a pair of associate members for football only, Idaho and New Mexico State. Full league membership does not appear to be on the table for either associate member.

“I think Eastern Kentucky has been public in declaring their interest in moving up to FBS. I think that Coastal Carolina has not made that public statement,” Benson told The Daily Advertiser in a this week. “So has Eastern Kentucky contacted the Sun Belt? Yes. Have we had conversation with Coastal Carolina and others? Yes. That’s about all I can say.”

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down20 hasn't threaten to leave.
BamaTee hasn't accused a mod of favoritism.
Charlie 42 hasn't had a meltdown.
No one has been locked in the Toilet Bowl.
Michigan and Ohio State fans are getting along for the most part.
Dogs and cats are living together.

Good grief someone come up with a good troll thread for Bama, Texas or Nebraska and lets get things stirred up.
You may need to make a this off season has been great thread
Mizzou fan meltdown
ElJexan came out of tCloset and broke the rainbow record
Ohio state fans had a field day on Michigan
Mauzeandblue is serenading Harbaugh
Shit picked up fast :laugh3:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulder issue ends playing career of TCU DB George Baltimore | CollegeFootballTalk
Heading into the final stretch prior to the start of summer camp, TCU has lost a promising member of its defensive secondary.

In a missive posted to his Instagram account this past week, George Baltimore revealed that his playing career is over. According to the safety, it’s “extensive shoulder surgeries” that’s forced him to the sidelines permanently.

“Two weeks till fall camp and we want to show support to Joe Turner and north side high school football players,” Baltimore’s social media post began. “Excited for them but also my teammates as they get ready to go get that natty this year. Done playing for TCU due to extensive shoulder surgeries but always family and still going to enjoy the ride.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Cuse, Arkansas WR Quinta Funderburk to give FCS a shot | CollegeFootballTalk
After two failed attempts at Power Five programs, Quinta Funderburk has decided to give it the old college try a third time at a much lower level of football.

On his Instagram account late this past week, Funderburk announced that he will play for Norfolk State in 2015. As he will be both a graduate transfer and dropping down to an FCS school, the wide receiver will be able to use his final season of eligibility in 2015.