• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five FSU players subpoenaed in DeAndre Johnson case | CollegeFootballTalk

Florida State’s Attorney Willie Meggs (pictured) confirmed to theTallahassee Democrat that he has issued subpoenas for a total of five Florida State football players: redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Wilson Bell, sophomore defensive back Malique Jackson, sophomore linebacker Jacob Pugh, redshirt freshman tight end Mavin Sanders and freshman wide receiver Auden Tate. Bell and Tate have already been questioned by Meggs, while the other three will meet with him Friday.

Meggs stated that there’s a possibility of additional Seminole football players being subpoenaed, although he declined to divulge any names.

The five players already subpoenaed left a Tallahassee bar with Johnson, perthe Democrat’s report, the night of June 26 when he was arrested and charged after punching a woman in the face. The Democrat, though, went on to write that “Meggs said he did not know if all five players were at the bar at the same time or if they all went out together.”

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:rip:

GqIgy.gif

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Snake! He was awesome in his day. I'll never forget the smiley face sticker on his helmet. He roomed with Jimmy Buffet at one time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
indeed. He was a cool dude, and I loved watching him play (only saw him in the NFL tho)

Well I ain't so old I saw him play @ Alabama. But of course, he is a legend so I'm pretty familiar with him. And when I moved to the Bay, Raiders fans love him so I got to hear their stories about him as well.

Maybe one of the coolest dudes to ever play the game.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved watching him throw to Dave Casper. It was heart breaking to watch him try to play at New Orleans at the end. RIP, Snake. :rip:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved watching him throw to Dave Casper. It was heart breaking to watch him try to play at New Orleans at the end. RIP, Snake. :rip:

he and Casper were magic together

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was before my time in college and the NFL, but I've heard some stories and seen old footage of his playing days. That sucks. Total bummer.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a postdoc at Tulane, he did a "gulf coast football wrap up" show covering (if I remember right) covered both college and pro football in the gulf states. Poor guy always looked prematurely old to me.

I heard on the radio this afternoon that he had an outlay in his will for Boston University’s Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Center. I don't know (and neither did the radio hosts) if he suffered issues from brain trauma, but like I said - after seeing how badly he got beaten up in his last game for New Orleans, I wouldn't rule it out.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as ESPN makes their content available over the internet as a stand-alone service liek NetFlix, the rate at which people cut the cable will grow exponentially.

yeah, this whole tv/network/rise of other live content providers fascinates me, although I know next to nothing about it. But I read all the stuff that pops up in the news, and what people on here who know more about it than me, have to say.

Probably, because it is what is driving CFB, and that dirty word: realignment.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, this whole tv/network/rise of other live content providers fascinates me, although I know next to nothing about it. But I read all the stuff that pops up in the news, and what people on here who know more about it than me, have to say.

Probably, because it is what is driving CFB, and that dirty word: realignment.
The only thing I need to know is that the damn sports networks haven't made the jump yet, and they're the biggest reason we haven't cut cable here. I mean hell we're paying extra for a sports add-on, and I wish they'd just let us switch out a bunch of other channels instead. I think cable would retain more people if they went to a full a la carte system that allows choosing each channel in your lineup. That would cut into their profits and mess with the contracts with stations and other companies, so it will never happen though.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex- WVU QB plans to walk on at Fresno State | CollegeFootballTalk
As first reported by BarkBoard.com, Childress will attempt to walk on to the Fresno State program. Childress is believed to have received interest from Texas and Texas A&M, which would make this a nice pickup for head coachTim DeRuyter and the Bulldogs. He could also be stepping right into a chance to win a starting job once he becomes eligible to play again. Childress would be available to play this season after sitting out of action for the entire 2014 season. That bodes well for his chances of winning a job as a starter as well, as he will be the oldest quarterback at Fresno State and brings some previous starting experience to the table.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten latest P5 to announce media days attendees | CollegeFootballTalk

EAST DIVISION

INDIANA
Adarius Rayner, Sr., DL
Jason Spriggs, Sr., OL*
Nate Sudfeld, Sr., QB

MARYLAND
Brad Craddock, Sr., PK*
William Likely, Jr., DB*
Andrew Zeller, Sr., OL

MICHIGAN
Joe Bolden, Sr., LB
Jehu Chesson, Sr., WR
James Ross III, Sr., LB

MICHIGAN STATE
Jack Allen, Sr., C*
Shilique Calhoun, Sr., DE*
Connor Cook, Sr., QB*

OHIO STATE
Taylor Decker, Sr., OT*
Joshua Perry, Sr., LB*
Adolphus Washington, Sr., DT*

PENN STATE
Jordan Lucas, Sr., S*
Angelo Mangiro, Sr., C/G*
Anthony Zettel, Sr., DT*

RUTGERS
Leonte Carroo, Sr., WR*
Darius Hamilton, Sr., DT*
Keith Lumpkin, Sr., OL

WEST DIVISION

ILLINOIS
Josh Ferguson, Sr., RB
Ted Karras, Sr., OG*
Mason Monheim, Sr., LB*

IOWA
Austin Blythe, Sr., C*
Jordan Lomax, Sr., DB*
Drew Ott, Sr., DE*

MINNESOTA
Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Sr., DB*
Theiren Cockran, Sr., DE*
Mitch Leidner, Jr., QB

NEBRASKA
Tommy Armstrong Jr., Jr., QB
Nate Gerry, Jr., S*
Jordan Westerkamp, Jr., WR

NORTHWESTERN
Traveon Henry, Sr., S
Christian Jones, Sr., WR
Dan Vitale, Sr., SB*

PURDUE
Danny Anthrop, Sr., WR
Robert Kugler, Sr., C*
Frankie Williams, Sr., CB*

WISCONSIN
Michael Caputo, Sr., S*
Corey Clement, Jr., RB
Joel Stave, Sr., QB*

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah cuts DB Dominique Hatfield from the program | CollegeFootballTalk

Utah head coach Kyle Whittinghamdismissed cornerback Dominique Hatfieldfrom the football program Friday. Hatfield had been previously charged of aggravated robbery with a knife, which led to Utah suspending the starting defensive playerearlier this week. As time has passed and more information has been gathered, Whittingham felt the decision to suspend Hatfield was not enough.

“We have developed further concerns about Dominique Hatfield’s off-field behavior, and as a result, he has been dismissed from our program,” Whittingham said in a university release Friday.

Hatfield is accused of robbing a man of $180. The victim was responding to a classified ad selling an Xbox, but instead was robbed of $180 at knife-point. Though Hatfield has denied his role in the robbery, Whittingham must have enough evidence to suggest otherwise about this particular incident or something else off the field.