• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last coach I remember making headlines so often on purpose after coming to a new school was Lane Kiffin, and that end so well.
We were supposed to beat Florida and sing Rocky Top all night long. :pout:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's big news, the University of New Hampshire is getting a stadium upgrade. :clap2:

Gallery | University of New Hampshire Stadium Central

MjFkYOk.jpg

E1sqFTs.jpg

qMsf8pb.jpg

jMwV3Ho.jpg

AQ7xwhk.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's news like this that makes the offseason not suck so much. :ranger:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad. Looks kind of nice actually with the exception of the track around the field.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think he would know better.

He's very much beating the hype drums in the media though. Last coach I remember making headlines so often on purpose after coming to a new school was Lane Kiffin, and that didn't end so well.

Calling it now - Harbaugh to be OC coordinator at Ohio St for the 2019 season.
NO thank you

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five quarterbacks who should become household names in '15

5. Jerrod Heard, Texas
The wild card selection of this group, Heard is in a similar situation to Alabama’s Jacob Coker: win the job, and there’s a chance for real production. But also like Coker, the job is far from locked up, in fact, if the season started today, Texas would probably roll out Tyrone Swoopes. But it’s undeniable that Heard made up a lot of ground this spring, and he presents Texas’s best chance to put up points in the fall. The Longhorns are still developing on the offensive line, but they have weapons and athleticism at the skill positions … Heard’s gift for running the zone read, when paired with a running back like Johnathan Gray, could lead him to a huge season with his legs, opening things up for the passing game in the process. He was the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the country coming out of Denton (Texas) Guyer, per the 247Sports Composite. But the biggest thing in Heard’s favor is his ‘it’ factor: Heard was a huge winner in high school with back-to-back state titles, and he could be the face of a Texas resurgence should the Longhorns win eight or more games.

4. Michael Bercovici, Arizona State
Gone is Taylor Kelly, triggerman of Arizona State’s explosive offense. But Bercovici passed for 1,445 yards and 12 touchdowns to just four interceptions last year, leading the Sun Devils to wins over USC and Stanford when Kelly went down with a broken foot. He also, according to coach Mike Norvell, had a spring that Norvell said “might have been the best one by any quarterback since we’ve been here.” That’s pretty high praise for the 6-foot-1 senior from Taft (Calif.) High School, who was the No. 22 pro-style quarterback in the Composite in 2011. Bercovici has the tools around him and the system to put up major numbers in 2015, and don’t be surprised if he emerges as one of the Pac-12’s better signal callers this season.

3. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
This pick almost feels like cheating … if you were to make a list of the top Big 12 starters returning in 2015, Rudolph might well crack the top three somewhere after TCU’s Trevone Boykin. And while Oklahoma State will also have a healthy J.W. Walsh, the job should be Rudolph’s after a big spring that followed an 853-yard, six touchdown performance in three games. Rudolph was slated for a redshirt, but an injury to Walsh, then top backup Daxx Garman. It wasn’t like he faced a soft schedule either: Baylor was Rudolph’s first start, followed by a wins over Oklahoma and Washington. The game against the Huskies was the best of Rudolph’s short career … he passed for 299 yards and two touchdowns. Rudolph fits head coach Mike Gundy’s offense like a glove, and the former No. 16 pro-style quarterback in the 2014 Composite should help the Cowboys spread and shred this season as they search for a consistent running attack.

2. Seth Russell, Baylor
Russell is the best athlete Art Briles has had at quarterback not named RG3, but he’s also a bigger framed player who can take full advantage of the way the Bears stretch the field. He showed what he could do when filling in for Bryce Petty against Northwestern State, earning Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week honors by hitting on 16-of-25 passes for 438 yards and five passing touchdowns, while the 220-pounder with a 4.49 40-yard dash also rushed for a score. Still, that was against Northwestern State, and Russell’s biggest accomplishment might have been holding off the nation’s No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in Jarrett Stidham, the No. 38 overall player in the 2015 247Sports Composite. Russell himself wasn’t a mega recruit: he was the No. 34 pro-style quarterback in the country and was actually committed to Kansas for most of his senior season. Russell switched to Baylor shortly after Kansas swapped coaches, and the Jayhawks’ loss will be the Bears’ gain this season, as Russell figures to plug right in and produce monster numbers at Baylor.

1. Jeremy Johnson, Auburn
Colleague JC Shurburtt already listed “Five reasons why Auburn’s Jeremy Johnson will be special” less than a month ago. Suffice it to say that Shurburtt isn’t the only believer in the 6-5 sophomore’s talent. It might be different if we hadn’t already had tantalizing glimpses of what Johnson can do, but the two-time SEC Freshman of the Week has shown his ability on the field. The biggest reason to believe in Johnson is the fact that his arm puts him in a unique position to connect with one of college football’s biggest nightmare matchups in D’haquille Williams. Johnson is big (230 pounds) and he certainly runs well enough to stress the defense in that way. But it’s his ability to throw the ball — and his supporting cast — that should make Johnson, and hence Auburn’s offense, nigh indefensible this season. But don’t just take my word for it. Watch him.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad. Looks kind of nice actually with the exception of the track around the field.

I agree. Nice and clean.

The only downside is the track, puts fans farther from the action. We had that track at UT, they finally took it out during the renovation a decade or so ago, and built a track and field and soccer stadium next door. Track was a big deal, to host the Texas Relays every year which is always a big draw. Now they have their own place.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Nice and clean.

The only downside is the track, puts fans farther from the action. We had that track at UT, they finally took it out during the renovation a decade or so ago, and built a track and field and soccer stadium next door. Track was a big deal, to host the Texas Relays every year which is always a big draw. Now they have their own place.

Boise took their track down recently too. It looked like crap and they caught a lot of criticism for it, more fuel to the fire for what many already consider to be a rinky-dink stadium. They held onto it up until a few years ago and actually hosted a couple of NCAA track and field national championships at Bronco Stadium in the 90s. The track has since been moved to the new facility Donna Larson Park.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bercovici isn't already a household name? After that sick hailmary and great stats. Can't believe ASU put Kelly back in big mistake by Graham.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bercovici isn't already a household name? After that sick hailmary and great stats. Can't believe ASU put Kelly back in big mistake by Graham.

I'll try to take my bias out of the equation because Taylor Kelly is from Boise, but as an ASU season ticket holder, I respectfully disagree with this. There was some support for Berco to start over Taylor here in the Valley. He has the quicker release and better arm of the two, but that's where it ends. Berco is ZERO threat to run the ball (he has zero speed). With Taylor operating out of the zone read, teams had no idea what to do with him. Was it a run or a pass? They struggled to defend either because Kelly was such a good athlete and good runner. Kelly was a winner. He was an All Pac-12 selection out of a conference loaded with star quarterbacks (except for this year when he missed the three games with the broken foot). What did he lose in three seasons as the starter? 12 games. ASU finished 2nd, 1st, and 2nd in the South with him at the helm. They finished 21st and 12th in the polls the past two seasons. Remember this is ASU we're talking about. But the biggest difference to me is a HUGE one and that's taking care of the football, something Kelly absolutely excelled at throughout his career. Make no mistake about it, Bercovici's a gun-slinger and he'll throw up some numbers, but he will throw up some serious stats in the interception department as well. He did explode against USC. I'll give you that. But look back to the UCLA game, the one he turned the ball over four times at home and ASU lost by 35. I was there. It was a nightmare. Look at the U of A game when he came in and immediately fired an interception and followed that up by immediately throwing another interception that was called back on a very, very questionable penalty. I was at that game too, in Tucson. Don't get me wrong, I like Bercovici. And while Taylor was a quiet leader who worked his ass off and led by example, Bercovici is the firecracker. A different kind of leader, but a passionate one. I think he will be successful and put up numbers. He just has to take care of the football which has always been an issue for him. Let's see how he does.

I'll leave you with a quote from Todd Graham who should know who his starter should be because he obviously coaches the team and attends every practice. He's not into making people happy. He's into winning and putting the guy in there who gives him the best chance to win regardless of seniority and regardless of who's feelings might get hurt. The OC Mike Norvel is the exact same way and also said from the jump Kelly should be their starter. "Taylor Kelly is the best leader in 28 years that I've ever had. People wonder why we've stuck with him, that's never even been a question for me. He's the only person that can lead our football team and he's the most respected person in our building. I tried to get him to marry my daughter but didn't have much success with that. He's just a tremendous young man with great character."

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to take my bias out of the equation because Taylor Kelly is from Boise, but as an ASU season ticket holder, I respectfully disagree with this. There was some support for Berco to start over Taylor here in the Valley and he has the quicker release and better arm of the two and that's where it ends. Berco is ZERO threat to run the ball (he has zero speed). With Taylor operating out of the zone read, teams had no idea what to do with him. Was it a run or a pass? They struggled to defend either because Kelly was such a good athlete and good runner. Kelly was a winner. He was an All Pac-12 selection out of a conference loaded with star quarterbacks (except for this year when he missed the three games with the broken foot). What did he lose in three seasons as the starter? 12 games. ASU finished 2nd, 1st, and 2nd in the South with him at the helm. They finished 21st and 12th in the polls the past two seasons. Remember this is ASU we're talking about. But the biggest difference to me is a HUGE one and that's taking care of the football, something Kelly absolutely excelled at throughout his career. Make no mistake about it, Bercovici's a gun-slinger and he'll throw up some numbers, but he will throw up some serious stats in the interception department as well. He did explode against USC. I'll give you that. But look back to the UCLA game, the one he turned the ball over four times at home and ASU lost by 35. I was there. It was a nightmare. Look at the U of A game when he came in and immediately fired an interception and followed that up by immediately throwing another interception that was called back on a very, very questionable penalty. I was at that game too, in Tucson. Don't get me wrong, I like Bercovici. And while Taylor was a quiet leader who worked his ass off and lead by example, Bercovici is the firecracker. A different kind of leader, but a passionate one. I think he will be successful and put up numbers. He just has to take care of the football which has always been an issue for him. Let's see how he does.

I'll leave you with a quote from Todd Graham who should know who his starter should be because he obviously coaches the team and attends every practice. He's not into making people happy. He's into winning and putting the guy in there who gives him the best chance to win regardless of seniority and regardless of who's feelings might get hurt. The OC Mike Norvel is the exact same way and also said from the jump Kelly should be their starter. "Taylor Kelly is the best leader in 28 years that I've ever had. People wonder why we've stuck with him, that's never even been a question for me. He's the only person that can lead our football team and he's the most respected person in our building. I tried to get him to marry my daughter but didn't have much success with that. He's just a tremendous young man with great character."
I agree Kelly was great for this program I just don't think he was fully healed and you can't argue he wasn't the same when he came back. Either way Berko is the man this year and I am excited to see how they do. My buddy is a walk on for the Sun Devils and said they've had a great spring thus far.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Johnson in that offense with that sort of ability and talent is going to absolutely explode this season. The dude is a freaking stud.