• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is when it's easy to tell Jordan >>>>>> Lebron

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Jordan would have been taking over right about now.........hitting clutch turn around fade away jumpers that make your eyes pop out of your head.....

Lebron James is one of the best of all time..........there is no doubt about it. But for all who think he is better than Jordan..........GTFO
Its not even close. there is no argument. LBJ has a long ways to go to get passed him.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few people in NBA history put up numbers like Lebron does and some of the calls that go against him. I have been watching basketball since the early 70's and never have seen a player outside of Magic that can be all over the court with rebounds, points assists like Lebron. NO, Jordan wasn't even close and Jordan would drive to the hoop and the phantom foul was born. He wouldn't even be close to touched and fouls were called. Lebron drives, they grab him and nothing happens. Jordan had Pippen also, a top 15 all time player

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see casual fans (who don't know bball) and media just to stir up something, comparing James to MJ. But I don't get it when knowledgeable bball observers do it. I understand the best vs. the best comparison, but their games are nothing alike. Kobe is MJ, while Lebron is Magic, Bird, Big O and possibly a mix of 10 other greats. You guys are spending lots of time on James vs. MJ but their games are nothing alike. If you want to compare impact on league, influence, endorsement, etc. then you might be on to something.

LBJ is going to get those comparisons simply because he's the best player of this era now...yeah...Kobe's game was more like MJ in that he played a similar position, similar role in the triangle.

In my 40+ yrs watching NBA basketball...I've never seen one guy that can do what LBJ can...As great as MJ was...we at least saw another player (Kobe) with a similar skillset and accomplished enough to be in the comparison conversation....we'll have to see if that happens with LBJ.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few people in NBA history put up numbers like Lebron does and some of the calls that go against him. I have been watching basketball since the early 70's and never have seen a player outside of Magic that can be all over the court with rebounds, points assists like Lebron. NO, Jordan wasn't even close and Jordan would drive to the hoop and the phantom foul was born. He wouldn't even be close to touched and fouls were called. Lebron drives, they grab him and nothing happens. Jordan had Pippen also, a top 15 all time player

You are so wrong. Watch NBA classics, you will see that the exact opposite is true. The "Lebronning" term comes from Lebron acting like he is hurt when he barely has contact or no contact at all. Basketball players across the world use this term because Lebron can't take a hit. What does Lebron do? He's fast and big. He is streaky with the outside shooting. Yet he has yet to prove consistent last second "unstoppability." Last night's ball game was ugly, because it looked like a bad high school game where there wasn't much play calling and no outlet passing and the wrong players were shooting. The Cavaliers could've used their center who is the most "clutch" of all the Cavaliers.

Only Lebron can stop Lebron (from shooting fadeaway three pointers!)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is our generations version of Michael Jordan.

It's like when you bought a train set years ago and all the box cars were made out of metal.
But if you bought a set today, all the box cars would be made out of plastic.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is nonsense.

The game was much more violent in Jordan's day. Ever heard of The Jordan Rules or the Detroit Pistons?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nonsense.

The game was much more violent in Jordan's day. Ever heard of The Jordan Rules or the Detroit Pistons?

I agree, that goes both ways. He could actually handcheck, Lebron cant lay a finger on a defender.
It sucks bc players have to adjust to the rules nowadays, I think if Lebron grew up in the rules back then he would be able to deal with it as much as those players did. But they are doing this with every sport nowadays, that's just the way it is.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that goes both ways. He could actually handcheck, Lebron cant lay a finger on a defender.
It sucks bc players have to adjust to the rules nowadays, I think if Lebron grew up in the rules back then he would be able to deal with it as much as those players did. But they are doing this with every sport nowadays, that's just the way it is.

He is such a physical specimen, that he SHOULD be the GOAT. He SHOULD be the best player in the league. I always think of him like I thought of Shaq....they should be putting up Wilt-like numbers damn near, just on their physical presence alone.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see Lebron taking too many bad shots at crunchtime to even be in the same boat as Jordan. His decision making at times is puzzling. He can take the game over, but for some reason he doesn't use his strengths to hit the big shot.

Jordan would back down Starks, Cooper/Byron Scott, Maxwell or whoever and hit that 12-15' fade-away all day IF he wasn't going to the hole for a BIG shot.

Lebron loves the 1 legged 3 pt shot off balance to win a game.

And Jordan had great team defense as well, but he always had the big white foreign dude (or Cartright) just like Lebron has now. Jordan had Ho Grant or Rodman/Kukoc at PF just like Lebron has Tristin for D and rebounding. Those Bulls teams' were deep no doubt. They would shut you down. Pippen was a beast on defense and got to the hole so quick. Lebron's Heat teams were loaded.

Bulls were the only team ever to have 3 players - 1st team all-defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is such a physical specimen, that he SHOULD be the GOAT. He SHOULD be the best player in the league. I always think of him like I thought of Shaq....they should be putting up Wilt-like numbers damn near, just on their physical presence alone.

Haha Wilt was facing guys that were 6'6" and couldnt jump 8 inches. He had some many easy layups. Nowadays, EVERYONE is a physcial specimen for the most part, he is just a freak. He is facing many more physically competitive specimens that anyone ever did. I mean he has Iggy, Barnes, and Green switching on him constantly. Cmon. They are athletic freaks in their own way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see Lebron taking too many bad shots at crunchtime to even be in the same boat as Jordan. His decision making at times is puzzling. He can take the game over, but for some reason he doesn't use his strengths to hit the big shot.

Jordan would back down Starks, Cooper/Byron Scott, Maxwell or whoever and hit that 12-15' fade-away all day IF he wasn't going to the hole for a BIG shot.

Lebron loves the 1 legged 3 pt shot off balance to win a game.

And Jordan had great team defense as well, but he always had the big white foreign dude (or Cartright) just like Lebron has now. Jordan had Ho Grant or Rodman/Kukoc at PF just like Lebron has Tristin for D and rebounding. Those Bulls teams' were deep no doubt. They would shut you down. Pippen was a beast on defense and got to the hole so quick. Lebron's Heat teams were loaded.

Bulls were the only team ever to have 3 players - 1st team all-defense.

Defensively you arent going to get better than those Bulls' teams and they had enough offense in just the right places, then of course you had MJ and Pip.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively you arent going to get better than those Bulls' teams and they had enough offense in just the right places, then of course you had MJ and Pip.

It sort of reminds of the Heat when Bron and Wade were healthy, but obviously defensively Pip was better than Wade and Wade was better than Pip offensively. The defenses were both good as team, but the Heat never really had that true center like the Bulls had, that made a difference but they made it work.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was closer to James because of his apg but he didn't get the numbers like James does when it comes to rebounds. And James is the better scorer.

The MJ-James comparisons are laughable because they are 2 different players. MJ was a SG who could play SF on occasion. James is a SF that can also play PF, he's kind of a hybrid.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron right now reminds me a little of when the Bulls had Collins at coach and Jordan had to do everything. '86 at the Garden Jordan scores 63 and couldn't get it done.

WHY? Team defense/the team around MJ. They/He wasn't ready yet. The Pistons made Jordan who he was. They whipped his ass physically until he knew what he was up against and then Pippen/Ho Grant joined in.

that's the difference between MJ in the mid-80's and Lebron now... Bron's team is really good at defense and rebounding. But MJ would shoot the hell out of the bball early in his career and didn't get everyone involved - but that's also due to his supporting cast in the mid-80s as well.

It's hard to compare Lebron to MJ or Kobe - Bron passes a bit more than Kobe or MJ.

You can compare rings but that's tough because Lebron has jumped around and played with a lot of different all-stars. Right now, he's got it all on his back and it will be interesting to see how it pans out. If they keep focusing on team Defense, it may just work out for the Cavs even with no Love/Kyrie.

Golden St has only led for 26 minutes of this series and at home where they're supposed to be dominant.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy? Labron is good, better than just good. But to put him in the same class as Jordan, Magic, Chamberlain or Bird is crazy. Virtual nutpunch sent the OPs way.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was closer to James because of his apg but he didn't get the numbers like James does when it comes to rebounds. And James is the better scorer.

The MJ-James comparisons are laughable because they are 2 different players. MJ was a SG who could play SF on occasion. James is a SF that can also play PF, he's kind of a hybrid.

I like to compare Pippen and Lebron more than MJ as well.. Pippen couldn't score at will like Lebron but he was nasty on D and had good court vision, along with playing long and a quick slasher to the rim.

Don't get me started on Pippen DJ!! :lol:

Now i have to go watch scottie pippen ultimate defender on you tube. Sick!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Jordan would have never won an NBA finals game with the 4 stiffs Lebron was on the court with last night

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Jordan would have never won an NBA finals game with the 4 stiffs Lebron was on the court with last night

Lebron hasn't won a title yet and those 4 stiffs allowed a great offense only 87 points in their own house.

Jordan also won titles against teams that had some playoff experience as well. People forget Golden St lost in the 1st round last year to the Clipps I believe and this is GS first trip to the Finals. Those jumpers get tougher in the Finals. Lebron is doing this on experience and team defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy? Labron is good, better than just good. But to put him in the same class as Jordan, Magic, Chamberlain or Bird is crazy. Virtual nutpunch sent the OPs way.
Lebron has 3 seasons where his Win Shares were above 18. Bird didn't have a single season where his win shares were above 16.