• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is when it's easy to tell Jordan >>>>>> Lebron

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody throw up the pic when MJ shrugged his shoulders after he puts 30 on Portland in the 1st half. Please

Well, since you said please:

Michael-Jordan-Shrug-After-3-Pointer.gif

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like comparing anyone to Jordan, since IMO he is the greatest player in any major professional sport in my lifetime.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every great player is Different. Magic Johnson was awesome and his wars with Bird were awesome.

You talk about clutch.

That's just it.. Lebron hasn't been as clutch as those guys were. Bron has put up a lot of numbers and is carrying this team in year 1 which is impressive no doubt. But he needs to stay put in Cleveland and win.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Ive played sports on a team. Im also old enough to have seen Bird and MJ play. Anyone putting Bird in a class above Lebron is simply putting a hero from their childhood above a great modern player.

Lebron would have to win this series for a Lebron/MJ comparison to even begin and probably needs at least 2 more rings.

Actually Birds and LBJs numbers are very similar as of right now. Take another look at the end of LBJs career...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Birds and LBJs numbers are very similar as of right now.
Thats kinda what Im trying to say. They are on the same tier and you could make a really good argument for LBJ over Bird already and itll probably be an easy case once Lebron retires.

One thing I think people dont factor in as how good Lebron would be back when basketball was physical. Yeah, he flops and cries a lot now because thats how the game is played now. But a guy his size and speed back in the 80s and you plug him in on that physical Celtics team instead of Bird? Lebron would be scary. People bringing up Durant in the beginning are being silly. Durant is totally enabled by how the game is played today. He gets a large percentage of his points on the FT line and physical play has denied him the ball on more than one series in the playoffs.

Lebron isnt the most clutch guy ever but last I checked he was waaay ahead of guys like Kobe and DWade. Waaaay ahead of Kobe.

I also dont think rings are the only measure. They certainly factor in but how many rings would Melo have right now if he was drafted by the Pistons? 2? 3? That said, if MJ played his whole career instead of going to baseball, maybe he has 7 or 8.

Its not really the place to compare MJ to Lebron. Lebron is currently in company with guys like Dr J, Kobe, Big O and Bird. He isnt up there with Kareem and MJ.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats kinda what Im trying to say. They are on the same tier and you could make a really good argument for LBJ over Bird already and itll probably be an easy case once Lebron retires.

One thing I think people dont factor in as how good Lebron would be back when basketball was physical. Yeah, he flops and cries a lot now because thats how the game is played now. But a guy his size and speed back in the 80s and you plug him in on that physical Celtics team instead of Bird? Lebron would be scary. People bringing up Durant in the beginning are being silly. Durant is totally enabled by how the game is played today. He gets a large percentage of his points on the FT line and physical play has denied him the ball on more than one series in the playoffs.

Lebron isnt the most clutch guy ever but last I checked he was waaay ahead of guys like Kobe and DWade. Waaaay ahead of Kobe.

I also dont think rings are the only measure. They certainly factor in but how many rings would Melo have right now if he was drafted by the Pistons? 2? 3? That said, if MJ played his whole career instead of going to baseball, maybe he has 7 or 8.

Its not really the place to compare MJ to Lebron. Lebron is currently in company with guys like Dr J, Kobe, Big O and Bird. He isnt up there with Kareem and MJ.

How would you make a case for LBJ over Bird? Similar numbers now, but that is Birds entire career. LBJ will decline. Happens to everyone. So how do you place LBJ over Bird? Rings? LBJ will need two more for that.

And frankly, I don't think LBJ has the mindset to play the physical game of the 80's. He is a flopper to his core...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you make a case for LBJ over Bird? Similar numbers now, but that is Birds entire career. LBJ will decline. Happens to everyone. So how do you place LBJ over Bird? Rings? LBJ will need two more for that.

And frankly, I don't think LBJ has the mindset to play the physical game of the 80's. He is a flopper to his core...
It's like you read my posts and then ask questions I've already answered. LeBron is good. Watch him play

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron's the greatest since Jordan. Most people just can't accept it yet. If Bird could've only stayed healthier, who knows how much greater his career could've been.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's the greatest since Jordan. Most people just can't accept it yet. If Bird could've only stayed healthier, who knows how much greater his career could've been.

Yep, exactly, and it's not even in doubt. If he pulls this Finals off, you almost start putting him 1B to Jordan's 1A. And I grew up a Bulls fan.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, exactly, and it's not even in doubt. If he pulls this Finals off, you almost start putting him 1B to Jordan's 1A. And I grew up a Bulls fan.

No doubt. Winning this one for the Cavs and ending the Cleveland Curse is worth at least five rings.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Winning this one for the Cavs and ending the Cleveland Curse is worth at least five rings.

Not just ending the curse, doing it with this team of supporting cast, the 2 best players out, etc.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just ending the curse, doing it with this team of supporting cast, the 2 best players out, etc.

Yeah, it's like the curse is currently in effect and actively injuring their guys, but he's single-handedly beating back the curse. Man, I really hope I'm wrong about this. LOL.

They would be a lottery team without LeBron.

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But losing in the 2011 with 2 All Stars and playing scared in that series subtracts 4 rings...it nets to 1 :)

Last edited: