• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is Romo's shot at a ring, right now

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan, I have been known to hate on Tony Romo, especially in December. But...if I were to objectively analyze his career, I would have to admit that after Parcells left Dallas, he played much of it without a good coach, offensive line or running game, and had little chance of winning when it mattered.

That's not the case this season. The stars are aligned for Antonio Romo. He is a veteran QB in a division filled with question marks. The Redskins and Giants are dumpster fires. Philly may be a dumpster fire too if Sam Bradford gets hurt again and Chip Kelly cannot patch up the holes he created on his offensive line when he released dependable vets Evan Mathis and Todd Herremans.

Dallas by contrast had arguably the best offensive line in football last season and essentially got a free first round OL this year in free agent La'el Collins. He will be an instant upgrade over Ron Leary at guard and gives the Cowboys a very, very formidable line.

They just locked down Dez Bryant, who is immature and dumb but is one of the most physically imposing receivers in the NFL. They still have Jason Witten as a security blanket at TE. And, although they lack a sure-bet RB, they may be able to get decent production out of a running back by committee led by Joseph Randle, who is pretty good when not shoplifting cologne and underwear.

On defense, they are getting amazingly good coaching from Rod Marinelli, who actually got production out of the likes of Rolondo McClain, to make up for mediocre talent in many positions. They gambled on woman beater Greg Hardy and won big when his sentence was reduced, giving them an elite 4-3 pass rusher. They have some rising young players such as DT Tyrone Crawford and LB Anthony Hitchens.

All of this is to say...Romo has his shot right now. This year is his chance for a ring. He will either rise to the occasion or never win anything.

What do people predict?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo definitely has a good shot but its so hard winning a ring. The truth is that you need some luck/break during the playoffs to win it all. For example, if the refs didnt overturn the pass interference in the Detroit playoff game Dallas most likely loses and Romo takes even more heat. On the flip side Dallas would have probably beat the Packers the next game if Murray doesnt fumble that easy TD or if that final pass by Rodgers that got deflected wasnt caught. There is such a fine line.

But I was always a big believer in Romo. THe dude is a star at the most important position. Another thing Romo/Dallas has going for them is they had no pass rush last year and Hardy is a complete beast.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan, I have been known to hate on Tony Romo, especially in December. But...if I were to objectively analyze his career, I would have to admit that after Parcells left Dallas, he played much of it without a good coach, offensive line or running game, and had little chance of winning when it mattered.

That's not the case this season. The stars are aligned for Antonio Romo. He is a veteran QB in a division filled with question marks. The Redskins and Giants are dumpster fires. Philly may be a dumpster fire too if Sam Bradford gets hurt again and Chip Kelly cannot patch up the holes he created on his offensive line when he released dependable vets Evan Mathis and Todd Herremans.

Dallas by contrast had arguably the best offensive line in football last season and essentially got a free first round OL this year in free agent La'el Collins. He will be an instant upgrade over Ron Leary at guard and gives the Cowboys a very, very formidable line.

They just locked down Dez Bryant, who is immature and dumb but is one of the most physically imposing receivers in the NFL. They still have Jason Witten as a security blanket at TE. And, although they lack a sure-bet RB, they may be able to get decent production out of a running back by committee led by Joseph Randle, who is pretty good when not shoplifting cologne and underwear.

On defense, they are getting amazingly good coaching from Rod Marinelli, who actually got production out of the likes of Rolondo McClain, to make up for mediocre talent in many positions. They gambled on woman beater Greg Hardy and won big when his sentence was reduced, giving them an elite 4-3 pass rusher. They have some rising young players such as DT Tyrone Crawford and LB Anthony Hitchens.

All of this is to say...Romo has his shot right now. This year is his chance for a ring. He will either rise to the occasion or never win anything.

What do people predict?

I agree especially your Joseph Randle comment. The key question will be on the pass rush. They need to be a lot more formidable than the last few years, otherwise the back end of the defense will get toasted. I do like the Cowboys pick in the first round (Byron Jones), but having Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne still there is scary.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CowboysFumble.gif

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do people predict?

I think the Cowboys missed their window with Romo (he is PLENTLY talented enough to have a ring or two on his finger had the team around him been better).

I expect the Cowboys to take a step back this year. No one thought they would be good last year and they over-achieved. This year they will "under-achieve" based on too high of expectations IMO. Nothing but a middling team with a coin flip shot at a wild card spot IMO.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo's possibly past his prime, but not by too much. He is still a top QB right now, and I think his road to a playoff bye type of record is pretty good-looking right now.

I also think the Kraken will help with the pass rush, and Byron Jones will help at corner.

My big question is the running game. I am not a fan of Darren McFadden. And Randle, while he has shown flashes, is a very immature dude who has had off-field issues. Dallas is really rolling the dice at RB IMO. That could be their downfall, if they cannot find a decent back to run behind that monster of a line.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is what we all want to see, isn't it? I think Romo has one more epic choke left in his career. Maybe in a Super Bowl?
i dont hate romo, i just think hes a peyton like regular season kinda QB.

yeah his teams around him failed at times, but all time greats overcome that and make deep runs with or without elite talent on D, etc.

i wont name names;)

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUBURN, MA – After an undercover police investigation, 29 people were arrested from an Auburn hotel room after officers found them in various states of undress and participating in sex acts.

The Worcester Police Department conducted an undercover investigation after finding a Backpage listings seeking female participants for an "adult swingers party," according to court records.

Jon Lowell, 45, and Courtney Nicholopoulos, 39, both of 56A Brigham St., Hubbardston, Mass., who police say were allegedly organizing the party, were charged with deriving support from a prostitution.

Worcester police had an undercover female officer respond to the ad allegedly placed by Lowell and Nicholopoulos, which allegedly offered $5,000 to $12,000 in cash for women to participate.

Around 8:30 Wednesday night, police entered the room at the Holiday Inn Express hotel in Auburn and found approximately 20 people – five men and the rest women -- naked or partially naked engaging in sex acts.

Lowell and Nicholopoulos were both allegedly clothed and observing, according to court records.

The men reportedly said they "donated" $60 to $100 to be let into the party.

"It is clear based on police information and previous reports that the women performing sex acts were never going to be paid," according to court records.

Police found a total of $1,551 on Lowell – significantly less than the $25,000 they promised the women.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah his teams around him failed at times, but all time greats overcome that and make deep runs with or without elite talent on D, etc.

i wont name names;)
I could not agree more... And it's ok to say Flacco we knew who u were talking about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Romo & ring together in the same sentence. :lol:

Romo's not even allowed to be in the same room as ex-49er Bill Ring.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
featuredromo.jpg
4087689-8929272085-ya'll.jpg
B1AV7v3CUAARZIy.jpg:large

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BbkpbwlCAAAJBG-.jpg

38743e6f3a332a0069b234f3a82622bd.jpg

romo3.jpg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wont name names;)

Meaning he hasn't had an elite defense for 4 out of 4 super bowl appearances and the best TE/WR in the game. Right. Gotcha bro!