• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is not our year

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this team compared to what we were a few years ago coming up we have regressed so much I can see this team possibly winning next week and receiving a 2nd round exit similar to last season. It would be great that I am proven wrong and we go back to the super bowl but that seems like a long shot. Seems like when Earl Thomas went down that was when the life of the team took a hit.

we all followed what went on the whole season so I am not going to dive into the OL or Russell Wilson or the run game but I have to say the spirit of this team overall has gone down. I think that comes naturally when you play out your rookie contract and money/negotiations are in the picture. Looking at Frank Clark get into a shoving match with Jarren Reed and Sherman getting into a shouting match with the defensive coordinator earlier in the season not to mention the frustration I would imagine the circulates in the locker room with Hauschka missing Field Goals and the lack of offense. I really hope this isn't the beginning of worse times to come.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the ensuing disaster results in some changes on the offensive coaching staff

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree... Not going to give up hope on this team... They have the talent and experience to do the job... In the postseason, anything can happen... If our defense can play up to expectations, I like our chances... Defense wins championships....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the ensuing disaster results in some changes on the offensive coaching staff
You want to see changes on the offensive coaching staff, best pray the offensive gets hot and help the Seahawks run the table in the playoffs, cause nobody's getting fired. Been a rough year with the starting RB trying to come back from a serious injury, his back up (Prosise) getting hurt, a very green OL and RW getting injured and still not back to being himself .and still won the division and in the playoffs.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they stick with the same clowns its going to be another long year in 2017

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is a game we can win... Won't be a cake walk but it's winnable ...
If they stick with the same clowns its going to be another long year in 2017

Pete is incredibly loyal to his coordinators ... He's proven that... He gives people chances for sure...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe. Here is how i See it

Detriot W. There defense is meh. Their offense looks beatable. We just need them to force Zenner to beat us

Atlanta. W. There D is Suspect. Their Offense worries me but with that being said..... Matty Ice always Shits the bed in the playoffs. ALWAYS.

Green Bay W. This is the team that worries me. I think that Dallas game in the Divisional takes something outta them and we move on

BAM we are in the SB

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year we finished off the season winning 6 out of 7, our offense was playing the best we had ever seen it and we lost in the playoffs

in 2007 Eli's Giants lost 2 of their final 3 and went 4-4 in the second half of the year. They won the Superbowl

2008, Kurt Warner's Cardinals lost 4 of their final 6. They got hot went to the Superbowl and nearly won.

2011, Eli's Giants went 3-5 in the second half of the year and had a 4 game losing streak in that stretch. They won the Superbowl.

2012 Flacco's Ravens lost 4 of their last 5. They won the Superbowl.

I know the morale for the Seahawks is pretty low right now, but we are in the playoffs. Everyone in the NFC has a shot to run the table. The only teams that should be concerned about their season being over are Raiders, Texans, and Dolphins fans who are playing with their 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks heading into the playoffs.

We aren't completely healthy but we have our field general (Russell) who has shown he is capable of special things in big games. Even without Earl we have a defense that still has most of our core. Sherman, Kam, Wagner, Bennett, and Avril who are all healthy and eager to compete.

Let's stop hanging our heads. The season isn't over until it's over. We're hosting a playoff game at the Clink. Detroit is not winning in our house.

Match us up with any NFC playoff team at home or on the road and I think we can beat em.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta looks like a team of destiny to me. Im picking them to lose to the patriots in the superbowl.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I get what you are coming from but I am speaking from the spirit of the team it looks like it has just taken a huge hit. People are fighting and arguing with each other when we were coming up we looked like a united brotherhood now that spirit looks like its gone. I like said about the money thing remember when bennett voiced wanting more money and doug baldwin was looking for an extention. I remember him quoting in an interview talkign about bennett saying

“It hard to take him serious when he talks about other guys taking food off his kids’ plate – when he is driving around here with 10 different cars, you know?”

Earl Thomas talking about retirement didnt help just seems like the spirit of this team is falling apart

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not over until we say it's over......

50265258.jpg

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing about this game and this league is that there is no requirement to play at a high level this week in order to do it next week. Week to week league. Remember when in Dec 2013 we dropped 2 games, 1 of which a dismal performance at home vs Arizona (when they weren't good), and the naysayers told us that SB teams don't lose like that at the end of the year? Well, that didn't seem to keep the team from steamrolling to a championship. Others have already listed different examples of teams that didn't finish the regular season particularly strong but ended up getting hot anyway.

We'll see. Still a lot of proven talent on this team, and they've been there before. Players look at the post season as a completely different animal than the regular season -- a clear mental transition -- so I don't really see the way things have been the last couple weeks as a limiting factor to what can still happen in the playoffs. There are definitely a few things in our favor as well: 1) will only have to play 1 of Dallas & GB, 2) 0 chance of any cold weather games on the road, and 3) GB may be playing the best right now in the NFC but they will have to come here if we face them. The Hawks have won 9 straight home playoff games, the longest active streak in the NFL. With a little fortune, we have a chance to run that to 11 and head back to the SB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just seems like the spirit of this team is falling apart

Well I get why you think that, but I don't agree with it. I don't t there's anything wrong with the spirit of the team. This year is kind of a transitional year where changes are happening, some minor, some big. Replacing a RB of Lynch caliber is no easy task, this is one of the big changes and injuries to the RB corp have made this difficult at least thus far. The OL is being rebuilt with youth, it's not a one year kind of thing unfortunately, but I feel it was a good idea, because in the past few years the OL just hasn't been great, just good enough to get by with because of RW and Lynch. So building a OL from the ground up needed to be done. It's been painful and there has been bumps in the road, but no pain no gain. The rewards for the rebuild will get realized eventually, could still happen this year, but realistically probably next year.:hope:
Lots of other changes like moving on from Bruce Irving, Brandon Mebane. Still work to be done to replace those two. Thomas getting injured is a blow, but think the team can survive it, but certainly it hurts.

Now about the spirit of the team. Seeing Clark get fired up at Reed for screwing up tells me the spirit is alive and kicking. Seahawks players are not just settling for a OK season, they want to make some noise despite all the obstacles that have been presented this season. Need some things to go right, but still believe, still hoping and regardless of how it goes I'm going appreciate the trip no matter how rocky it has been.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now about the spirit of the team. Seeing Clark get fired up at Reed for screwing up tells me the spirit is alive and kicking. Seahawks players are not just settling for a OK season, they want to make some noise despite all the obstacles that have been presented this season. Need some things to go right, but still believe, still hoping and regardless of how it goes I'm going appreciate the trip no matter how rocky it has been.
Exactly right. Players still fiery at the end of a week 17 game that held fairly minimal consequence....would rather have seen Clark get in Reed's face after the ejection than watching Reed walk off the field with no one even batting an eye. Had that sort of apathy taken place, then maybe i'm questioning the "spirit" of the team.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this team compared to what we were a few years ago coming up we have regressed so much I can see this team possibly winning next week and receiving a 2nd round exit similar to last season. It would be great that I am proven wrong and we go back to the super bowl but that seems like a long shot. Seems like when Earl Thomas went down that was when the life of the team took a hit.

we all followed what went on the whole season so I am not going to dive into the OL or Russell Wilson or the run game but I have to say the spirit of this team overall has gone down. I think that comes naturally when you play out your rookie contract and money/negotiations are in the picture. Looking at Frank Clark get into a shoving match with Jarren Reed and Sherman getting into a shouting match with the defensive coordinator earlier in the season not to mention the frustration I would imagine the circulates in the locker room with Hauschka missing Field Goals and the lack of offense. I really hope this isn't the beginning of worse times to come.

This team even in the Superbowl winning year, has always had stuff bubbling behind the surface. Actual fights between players, players being dealt because of it.

So I think it's problematic to read some kind of worsening in that. May turn out to be true.

But here's what Seattle has:

1. top ten (top 5 arguably) QB
2. Good management
3. Owner richer than the rest of the NFL owners COMBINED.

There's no reason why as fans, we're not going to have another 10+ years of routinely making the playoffs, and hopefully being in the mix for another Lombardi(s).

I am curious as to what's going on behind the scenes, particularly with Sherman, but c'mon now, the Cardinals wouldn't change places with us in a heart-beat?

We STILL won the division, and are hosting a playoff game, in a frustrating down year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta looks like a team of destiny to me. Im picking them to lose to the patriots in the superbowl.

Heh, I actually lol'ed.

Your mind is priceless.

A team of destiny, to lose in the Superbowl...

:)

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Harold on the Clark/Reed thing. Clark basically told him to knock off the bullshit and he was right in doing so. Getting PF's and kicked out of games because you can't control your shit hurts the team. I would have liked to seen Bobby Wags or one of the other leaders step in and tone the kid down too but happy that Clark did. As JMR said, much rather see that accountability than apathy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year we finished off the season winning 6 out of 7, our offense was playing the best we had ever seen it and we lost in the playoffs

in 2007 Eli's Giants lost 2 of their final 3 and went 4-4 in the second half of the year. They won the Superbowl

2008, Kurt Warner's Cardinals lost 4 of their final 6. They got hot went to the Superbowl and nearly won.

2011, Eli's Giants went 3-5 in the second half of the year and had a 4 game losing streak in that stretch. They won the Superbowl.

2012 Flacco's Ravens lost 4 of their last 5. They won the Superbowl.

I know the morale for the Seahawks is pretty low right now, but we are in the playoffs. Everyone in the NFC has a shot to run the table. The only teams that should be concerned about their season being over are Raiders, Texans, and Dolphins fans who are playing with their 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks heading into the playoffs.

We aren't completely healthy but we have our field general (Russell) who has shown he is capable of special things in big games. Even without Earl we have a defense that still has most of our core. Sherman, Kam, Wagner, Bennett, and Avril who are all healthy and eager to compete.

Let's stop hanging our heads. The season isn't over until it's over. We're hosting a playoff game at the Clink. Detroit is not winning in our house.

Match us up with any NFC playoff team at home or on the road and I think we can beat em.

Don't forget about the year we won our division at 7-9 and then beat the Saints at home in the first round... Anything can happen...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about the year we won our division at 7-9 and then beat the Saints at home in the first round... Anything can happen...

Exactly. As much as we'd all love to be on a 10 game winning streak with the offense rushing for 150-200 yds a game and the defense decimating opponents heading into the playoffs, all that matters is getting in and having a chance.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the 15-1 Packers that got bounced by the Giants in 2011?

or the 13-3 Broncos that got bounced by the Ravens

All it takes is a few bounces to go our way or our quarterback/defense to get red hot

We have the talent to do it.

I still remember the 02 Seahawks, the year Hasselbeck had the infamous "we want the ball and we're gonna score," that year we were nowhere near as talented as this team, but I felt with Hasselbeck and Holmgren's offense with our line and Alexander running the ball, that we could have beaten anybody.

And honestly we should have beaten the Packers that year. I still love that Hasselbeck said that because in OT when we won the toss, I felt the same thing watching at home.