• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is crazy…

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making 6 All Star Teams, being named to 4 All NBA Teams and winning Finals MVP in 2007 says he's well past a fringe player.

Is he Magic or Isiah?...No.

But, Those guys are the MT. Rushmore faces at PG for the NBA. So, saying he's not elite because he falls short of them is unfair.
Isiah and Magic set the pace for greatness at PG. I never said Parker is not elite. I just don't rank him as being one of the GREATs. I'd say he's elite. I'd rank PGs like Stockton, CP3, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc ahead of him. He's a tier below great. Great is reserved for very few players. The only other PG off the top of my head that I would include in the great conversation is John Stockton. When it comes to all time, I'd think Parker makes the HOF, but I don't consider everyone in the HOF as great either. As you said, he's not included in the mt Rushmore of greats and that is really what greatness is limited to in my book. I'm not even sure he would be top ten all time to be completely honest. But he is an elite player though.

PGs today that could easily end up being better than Parker include Wall, Curry, CP3, and Westbrook. If he were considered a great, there would have to be a Multi year streak of him being the top dog point guard. Honestly, I can't think of one year where he was the undisputed best pg in the league. It's not a knock on the guy, he's a very good player, but I am just putting things into perspective. There have been many better PGs than him that came before and during the span of his career. That means he is not a great in my book.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Parker and All-Time Great should never be in the same sentence. End of story.

Solid player, knows how to win, but Tim Duncan is the glue to that team. He's lucky to be in Pop's system.

Look at the numbers he's putting up this year. Fucking terrible.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isiah and Magic set the pace for greatness at PG. I never said Parker is not elite. I just don't rank him as being one of the GREATs. I'd say he's elite. I'd rank PGs like Stockton, CP3, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc ahead of him. He's a tier below great. Great is reserved for very few players. The only other PG off the top of my head that I would include in the great conversation is John Stockton. When it comes to all time, I'd think Parker makes the HOF, but I don't consider everyone in the HOF as great either. As you said, he's not included in the mt Rushmore of greats and that is really what greatness is limited to in my book. I'm not even sure he would be top ten all time to be completely honest. But he is an elite player though.

PGs today that could easily end up being better than Parker include Wall, Curry, CP3, and Westbrook. If he were considered a great, there would have to be a Multi year streak of him being the top dog point guard. Honestly, I can't think of one year where he was the undisputed best pg in the league. It's not a knock on the guy, he's a very good player, but I am just putting things into perspective. There have been many better PGs than him that came before and during the span of his career. That means he is not a great in my book.

Okay...I can understand your point and you are correct.

He is/was elite in today's NBA.

But, not one of the greats, Historically.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker is a great player. He is likely going to go to the Hall of Fame....maybe not first ballot but eventually

But, Parker was never the top dog.
At best he was equal with Duncan for a few brief seasons once Timmy got older.

Sadly, Timmy is carrying this freaking team this year. (AGAIN)

Everyone else with the exception of Danny Green , elderly Manu, and Leonard (when not hurt all the time) is playing like ass.

Duncan should get MVP votes for dragging his dis-interested roleplayers (including TP9) to 47-50 wins.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is OLD news. The NBA has never ever been a point guard league.

You still win with BIGMEN and/or a slasher who can get to the rim.

Outside of a freakish (6'9') Magic and Isiah, it has been generations since big name PGs won anything.

PGs are far more valuable to college style of play.

Lol, as soon as I seen this thread, I thought of you. We have been preaching this for years, since cBS days.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker has been the best PG in the league for several postseasons in a row.