• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week, I was very confident you know. I felt good how our offense is almost unstoppable once they're clicking. Our weapons are weapons whehter they're being used all game or sporadically.

Defense needs to shore up but time will heal all wounds and now they can say, play lights out and don't worry about tomorrow.

Now as this week goes and draws near, I'm nervous myself. Now i'm seeing how baltimore could attack us and freakin see the "unseen" hand aid Lewis etc.... fucking A, i got me some serious mood swings right now lol....

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling the same way... The first week I was just excited to be in the super bowl. Now the reality of the situation making me nervous!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last week, I was very confident you know. I felt good how our offense is almost unstoppable once they're clicking. Our weapons are weapons whehter they're being used all game or sporadically.

Defense needs to shore up but time will heal all wounds and now they can say, play lights out and don't worry about tomorrow.

Now as this week goes and draws near, I'm nervous myself. Now i'm seeing how baltimore could attack us and freakin see the "unseen" hand aid Lewis etc.... fucking A, i got me some serious mood swings right now lol....

not expecting our offense to be 'unstoppable' in the first half, it'll start to REALLY take off in the 2nd half.

our defense should be fine again, we won't stop them cold but don't think they'll score much more than 20?

ST's is a concern but i'll just hope they don't turn it over, and be good on coverages.

because we have a pretty good defense, i'm not nervous. suggest you start thinking of what our offense can do to them, it'll calm your nerves. :-)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone has been an upgrade over Rachal and Snyder. Everyone else since then has improved. Is Iupati going to go one on on with Ngata?

I agree. I don't expect the O line to be a problem. The one thing I see that could be a problem is the recent disapperance of our pass rush. If the 49ers are astute enough to see that collapasing the pocket up the middle is the way to shut down the Raven passing game and are able to figure out a way to do this successfully, the Ravens are in trouble.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. I don't expect the O line to be a problem. The one thing I see that could be a problem is the recent disapperance of our pass rush. If the 49ers are astute enough to see that collapasing the pocket up the middle is the way to shut down the Raven passing game and are able to figure out a way to do this successfully, the Ravens are in trouble.

no doubt Fangio wants to to this as well as many other things. don't think we can rely on our linemen to collapse the pocket. we'd have to send a MLB to disrupt things in the middle.

Fangio doesn't blitz much and he likely won't 1st half? but IF necessary, he'll send a MLB in the 2nd half.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone was talking about the pistol last night (I think it might've been Teddy Bruschi), and he said that he hasn't seen a defense attack the Niners at the mesh point when Colin and Frank are together. He also said that because the Ravens played Washington, this would be their second time against the pistol this year. What do you think about this idea of attacking Colin and Frank at the mesh point?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Someone was talking about the pistol last night (I think it might've been Teddy Bruschi), and he said that he hasn't seen a defense attack the Niners at the mesh point when Colin and Frank are together. He also said that because the Ravens played Washington, this would be their second time against the pistol this year. What do you think about this idea of attacking Colin and Frank at the mesh point?

It's easier said then done when it comes to attacking the mesh point.

The is made before the defender can reach the mesh point and as long as Kap makes the correct read the defender will miss on whoever gets the ball.

If it was that simple then the read option would've been blown up a while ago.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
no doubt Fangio wants to to this as well as many other things. don't think we can rely on our linemen to collapse the pocket. we'd have to send a MLB to disrupt things in the middle.

Fangio doesn't blitz much and he likely won't 1st half? but IF necessary, he'll send a MLB in the 2nd half.

That sounds very similar to the Packers game. Willis pressured arod several times in the second half.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Aldon to get the pressure going and hopefully Flacco waits long enough to get dirty!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

How the Ravens Will Try to Contain Colin Kaepernick and the Diversity of the 49ers Offense

Thought this was a pretty good article going into detail of the pistol and why it's hard to defend along with how the Ravens might try to defend it.

I'm not sold on that Redskins game really mattering though. We run a far more complex running attack and that game was early on in the season so it's not exactly fresh in the player's minds.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Ravens Will Try to Contain Colin Kaepernick and the Diversity of the 49ers Offense

Thought this was a pretty good article going into detail of the pistol and why it's hard to defend along with how the Ravens might try to defend it.

I'm not sold on that Redskins game really mattering though. We run a far more complex running attack and that game was early on in the season so it's not exactly fresh in the player's minds.

Thanks for sharing, Jikkle. Excellent article that informed me about the many aspects of this intricate run offense the Niners are running. I never even thought about how our FB would have to make reads. I hope that everybody will be on the same page come Sunday. I like how he started and ended with a Bill Walsh reference.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Boone has been an upgrade over Rachal and Snyder. Everyone else since then has improved. Is Iupati going to go one on on with Ngata?

I don't think he will; I remember Ngata lining up at LDE most of the time (NT sometimes too).

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea I usually feel some nerves on game day, maybe the night before if it's a big game, but I been feeling them the last few days. I'm watching eddie D's football life right now, so it's really hitting me.

But the hand of god helping lewis & his team of destiny talk helps me feel better about our chances, I really hope ravens believe that. If they do, it plays into our favor.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ngata I have a feeling is going to get a steady diet of double teams since I think he presents the biggest problem the Ravens defense can cause our offense.

If he's disrupting the middle and stuffing the running game our offense will be in for a long day.

The rest of their D line I feel our offensive line can handle.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I usually feel some nerves on game day, maybe the night before if it's a big game, but I been feeling them the last few days. I'm watching eddie D's football life right now, so it's really hitting me.

But the hand of god helping lewis & his team of destiny talk helps me feel better about our chances, I really hope ravens believe that. If they do, it plays into our favor.

As far as annoying goes, he doing a double or nothing, but taking payment first. What I mean by that, it's annoying now, even if he's wrong (so we have to "pay," as in go through the annoyance - and we may annoy them back) but if they win, it'll be double the annoyance because of all the superlatives we'll hear and proclamations that they were inspired/legends and that God favored them, not the believers on this team. I just don't think God would make one team win because why would he care and why would he be a Raven fan? You know how many legitimate good faith prayers are being made for each team? I'm sure it's gone to voicemail by now. Those who feel shameful to pray for a game, may pray for their team to have the strength to win or whatever.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re: the OL play last year against the Ravens, it's not even close to comparable. Snyder, who wasn't very good anyway, went down early. When Chilo came in, not only did he play like shit, but he couldn't communicate with Davis - who was still very shaky in pass protection - at all. The right side of our line just collapsed. The Ravens were running stunts and neither player was touched heading to Smith. The Ravens might be able to get some pressure, but it won't be anything like what happened last year. Of course, the Ravens offense is much better than it was last year, too.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Re: the OL play last year against the Ravens, it's not even close to comparable. Snyder, who wasn't very good anyway, went down early. When Chilo came in, not only did he play like shit, but he couldn't communicate with Davis - who was still very shaky in pass protection - at all. The right side of our line just collapsed. The Ravens were running stunts and neither player was touched heading to Smith. The Ravens might be able to get some pressure, but it won't be anything like what happened last year. Of course, the Ravens offense is much better than it was last year, too.

It should also be noted that game was cross country on a short week which was a huge factor in my opinion.

I thought a lot of games last season (and some this season) were won on the strength of our game planning and schemes and the lack of time between games didn't give the staff much time to watch film and prepare.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It should also be noted that game was cross country on a short week which was a huge factor in my opinion.

I thought a lot of games last season (and some this season) were won on the strength of our game planning and schemes and the lack of time between games didn't give the staff much time to watch film and prepare.

Yeah, no doubt the short week played a part.

And calling the Ginn TD back on what I feel was a pretty ticky-tacky chop block call (Gore went low and Chilo added a push to Pollard's back as he was going down) really shifted the momentum. I'd imagine Bem will disagree on the merits of the penalty - though I still maintain the penalty should have been called on Rachal and not Gore if the official in fact saw it the way it happened. Regardless of whether the call was the right one or not, I don't think many would disagree that it was a significant non-play in that game.

For that matter, I was just watching the replays and was reminded that this was also the game when Edwards just ceded the inside and the CB picked the ball in the endzone. Ugh.

We're a much better team now than that team, but so are the Ravens. This one will come down to the QBs I think.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, no doubt the short week played a part.

And calling the Ginn TD back on what I feel was a pretty ticky-tacky chop block call (Gore went low and Chilo added a push to Pollard's back as he was going down) really shifted the momentum. I'd imagine Bem will disagree on the merits of the penalty - though I still maintain the penalty should have been called on Rachal and not Gore if the official in fact saw it the way it happened. Regardless of whether the call was the right one or not, I don't think many would disagree that it was a significant non-play in that game.

For that matter, I was just watching the replays and was reminded that this was also the game when Edwards just ceded the inside and the CB picked the ball in the endzone. Ugh.

We're a much better team now than that team, but so are the Ravens. This one will come down to the QBs I think.

"defenses get you to the SB, QB's win it".

ok, this IS an old saying, old adage. still true but not quite as much today. no question it STARTS with Kap and Flacco, but IMO neither will "muck it up"? feel both will play the same as they've done these play-offs.

some writers like to say Kap is inexperienced and fine, but don't think he'll collapse under the pressure. Flacco is playing about as well as he ever will, so he can't play any better can he?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seems like they'll defend it like atlanta did. except everyone will find out just how good gore is. this could be the game that finally puts gore into that top 5 rb discussion where i think he should be.