• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Day in Hockey History

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Best of all time and not even close in my book. Glad I got to see him live even if he did wear the uniform of a dickless bird.
Dunno about "not even close".
Pure talent, I'd give the edge to Mario, but...

First post of this thread:
Dec 18 1983 - Gretzky reaches 100 points in 34 games

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep I’m old to remember him playing. No bullshitting around when he was on the ice.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ll see myself out.
200w.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that poor fucking goalie.
Grapes left him in for all of it.

We were getting seeded in the beer league you have played in for my team one year. We played a Div 2 team (that should have been Div 1) and we were Div 4 that year. They lit me up for 13 goals. They felt so bad afterwards they brought me my own Jug of beer to apologize lol. They were sponsored by grolsch beer. I think they worked for them

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Twenty years ago.

that Lemieux fake on the 1-1 goal *chef's kiss*

a bunch of us watched the game at the legion downtown.
had to run upstairs to a buddy's apartment to double check the assist of the 4-2 goal to confirm that i won the hockey pool.
we then wandered up Robson Street, where a street hockey game had broken out, blocking all traffic by the Art Gallery / Law courts.
Police were present, but not to interrupt the game, just to divert traffic away from it.

We ended up at some bar further down Robson (by Bute), where they said they were almost out of beer.
I used my hockey pool winnings to buy everything they had left. Table was utterly loaded.

it was a good day.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twenty years ago.

that Lemieux fake on the 1-1 goal *chef's kiss*

a bunch of us watched the game at the legion downtown.
had to run upstairs to a buddy's apartment to double check the assist of the 4-2 goal to confirm that i won the hockey pool.
we then wandered up Robson Street, where a street hockey game had broken out, blocking all traffic by the Art Gallery / Law courts.
Police were present, but not to interrupt the game, just to divert traffic away from it.

We ended up at some bar further down Robson (by Bute), where they said they were almost out of beer.
I used my hockey pool winnings to buy everything they had left. Table was utterly loaded.

it was a good day.

I still think it is the smartest non play that Mario was ever part of to make that goal happen. there so many great things from this game. what a tournament that was.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I still think it is the smartest non play that Mario was ever part of to make that goal happen
that level of awareness is just unbelievable. I was awe-struck back then, and still am.
how many people pass up a shot from between the hashmarks, because not touching it is a better play.

just wow.