• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things more underrated than Chris Harris?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd answer but dont know who Chris Harris is

Well he is the highest rated Corner in the NFL according to ProFootballFocus. Coverage wise his grade is at 22.8...the next closest is Revis at 14. He might not be well known but right now he is playing like one of the best in the NFL.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is the highest rated Corner in the NFL according to ProFootballFocus. Coverage wise his grade is at 22.8...the next closest is Revis at 14. He might not be well known but right now he is playing like one of the best in the NFL.

CD cmon you know I am joking to show how underrated he is. I mentioned him on the Miami/Denver thread yesterday

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a cousin whose name is Chris Harris, so my son and I refer to 26 in the good guy uni as "Cousin Chris". Feel free to jump on the bandwagon!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy can be voted to 2nd team All-Pro but still gets little respect as he didn't even make NFL's top-100 list. Very shocked that he got left off. Oh well he tweeted I think after he found out he hadn't made the list that it was just more fuel to the fire. Maybe he needs to just get a loud mouth like some of these other guys then people will actually notice what he does on the field.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL top 100 is a year behind they really should wait until after the PFF top 101 list comes out so the players know who they should be voting for. Chris will get his respect next year even if he has a bad year(Patrick Peterson allowed 8 TDs last year and was 19 on the players list :L )

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL top 100 is a year behind they really should wait until after the PFF top 101 list comes out so the players know who they should be voting for. )

I think this is dumb.

PFF is a nice tool, but it is not the be all end all of how to rate a football player. PFF is made up of 3 guys who subjectively grade players based on what they (the 3 guys who make up PFF) believe the players should be doing on any given snap. By their own admission these guys don't know each individual players assignment on a given play. These PFF grades are getting to be a bit like WAR in baseball and PER in basketball. They are nice tools, but people should not preach them as gospel.

What qualifications do these guys possess?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is dumb.

PFF is a nice tool, but it is not the be all end all of how to rate a football player. PFF is made up of 3 guys who subjectively grade players based on what they (the 3 guys who make up PFF) believe the players should be doing on any given snap. By their own admission these guys don't know each individual players assignment on a given play. These PFF grades are getting to be a bit like WAR in baseball and PER in basketball. They are nice tools, but people should not preach them as gospel.

As someone who likes to use WAR and PER, I find PFF grades to be cringeworthy. They don't belong in the same sentence. Football's analytics in general are a ways behind most other sports. PFF's DB/Off Camera players are especially contentious for me.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is dumb.

I think you make a valid point. At the same time, over all, I suspect that PFF is probably closer to the mark than are the players who vote for NFL Net's Top-100. Have to imagine that personal relationships play a role in player voting.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Statistical analysis vs Ike Taylor i'll take the statistical analysis every time Taylor is funny though

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistical analysis vs Ike Taylor i'll take the statistical analysis every time Taylor is funny though

Again, I'm not saying their grading system has no value. But how good is their statistical analysis if it is potentially (definitely) flawed? Just one example, look at the weight PFF gives to blocking on offense -- yet they admit they don't know every or even most players assignments. PFF grading system is very subjective to their personal opinions of how the game should be played. Which leads me back to the question I asked originally -- what are PFF's qualifications to be giving out such grades? Are they former football players? Were they coaches, or coordinators? Why should I look to PFF as the authority on NFL player rankings?

This is the same group of guys who said Joel Bitonio was better than Zack Martin last year...

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is not underrated.. he does not cover the best receivers talib does

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is not underrated.. he does not cover the best receivers talib does

Not always true. They split duties quite a bit on that. They are like the Seahawks in they just stay to one side of the field. Harris also has the ability to play in the slot as he graded out as the best nickel corner in the league as well as 2nd on the outside. So one could say he is the most versatile Corner in the league being able to line up at any of the Corner spots and still be successful. Heck they even played him at the safety position some this past year and he still had great success.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a #2 corner in a division with pretty terrible wide receivers (outside of Denver who he plays for) but yah I'd agree he's a little underrated.

I think he is kind of on par with Byron Maxwell. Maxwell didn't get much credit at all until this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not saying their grading system has no value. But how good is their statistical analysis if it is potentially (definitely) flawed? Just one example, look at the weight PFF gives to blocking on offense -- yet they admit they don't know every or even most players assignments. PFF grading system is very subjective to their personal opinions of how the game should be played. Which leads me back to the question I asked originally -- what are PFF's qualifications to be giving out such grades? Are they former football players? Were they coaches, or coordinators? Why should I look to PFF as the authority on NFL player rankings?

This is the same group of guys who said Joel Bitonio was better than Zack Martin last year...

While they are not perfect they are actually used by quite a few NFL, NCAA teams/scouts/coaches etc. They are also used quite a bit by analyst on tv so that all should show they have some credibility in what they are doing. I would also say if you look at their site even for a few minutes you can tell the people who have built this up are football guys. They are very intelligent in their descriptions of how they grade and why they grade plays a certain way. Yes they are not perfect but you find me a better system or better yet a perfect system and let us all know because I have yet to find one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a #2 corner in a division with pretty terrible wide receivers (outside of Denver who he plays for) but yah I'd agree he's a little underrated.

I think he is kind of on par with Byron Maxwell. Maxwell didn't get much credit at all until this season.

Well this past year alone he went up against Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Bolden, Edelman, Wallace, and AJ Green. In all of those games he got a positive grade. Now yes he didn't go against them every single play but he is the only starting Corner to not have given up a touchdown this past year and didn't give up a play longer than I think 21 yards the entire season. Whether he is going against #1 or #2 receivers that is just down right impressive for an entire year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this past year alone he went up against Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Bolden, Edelman, Wallace, and AJ Green. In all of those games he got a positive grade. Now yes he didn't go against them every single play but he is the only starting Corner to not have given up a touchdown this past year and didn't give up a play longer than I think 21 yards the entire season. Whether he is going against #1 or #2 receivers that is just down right impressive for an entire year.

No argument here. He's a good corner. I'd put him top 10 for sure.